Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Software For Server Environment Documentation Post 302671333 by bakunin on Friday 13th of July 2012 11:00:02 AM
Old 07-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by funksen
can you tell me which add on you are using bakunin? would like to check/use it.
I didn't say "per page restriction" - in fact it is an "all or nothing" type of restriction. The documentation i had in mind was for SysAdmins, DBAs and a few select people who had related jobs (some system architects for instance). They were put into a LDAP group "adminwiki" and this group membership was queried in the login (IIRC it was "login.php" - it was even hardcoded there). If one was member of this group he had full read/write access to all pages - just the wiki admin (i think in wiki syntax the "bureaucrat") with the right to delete pages, etc. was a separate account.

I will gladly provide the technical details, but it will take a few days - i am no longer in this project and have to contact the people there as well as ask their permission.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unix software & documentation.

I need to install unix sun solaries software on my machine. But i don't have software & documentation to install on my system. Could you please send me the free software and documentation regarding unix sun solaries? Regards, rajesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Give Solaris server documentation

If you have documents of preconfigured Solaris server with all tuned improvements.. This is all about how it is released, as first example. It must contain ready instructions to setup server from scratch in a case of global system crash mb some FS tunings (i.e. log fs, var fs) mb some ready... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

3. Programming

good continuous integration and automatic documentation software for c++

Started using trac and svn and it is working nicely, but am looking for some other things to add: continuous integration, automatic documentation. What suggestions do you guys have for the most full featured easy to use software for this? Stuff I am looking for: continuous integration... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eruditass
1 Replies
NEWGRP(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         NEWGRP(1)

NAME
newgrp - log in to a new group SYNOPSIS
newgrp [-] [group] DESCRIPTION
The newgrp command is used to change the current group ID during a login session. If the optional - flag is given, the user's environment will be reinitialized as though the user had logged in, otherwise the current environment, including current working directory, remains unchanged. newgrp changes the current real group ID to the named group, or to the default group listed in /etc/passwd if no group name is given. newgrp also tries to add the group to the user groupset. If not root, the user will be prompted for a password if she does not have a password (in /etc/shadow if this user has an entry in the shadowed password file, or in /etc/passwd otherwise) and the group does, or if the user is not listed as a member and the group has a password. The user will be denied access if the group password is empty and the user is not listed as a member. If there is an entry for this group in /etc/gshadow, then the list of members and the password of this group will be taken from this file, otherwise, the entry in /etc/group is considered. CONFIGURATION
The following configuration variables in /etc/login.defs change the behavior of this tool: SYSLOG_SG_ENAB (boolean) Enable "syslog" logging of sg activity. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shadow Secure user account information. /etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. SEE ALSO
id(1), login(1), su(1), sg(1), gpasswd(1), group(5), gshadow(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 NEWGRP(1)