Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rcp not working?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rcp not working? Post 302671275 by aster007 on Friday 13th of July 2012 10:08:30 AM
Old 07-13-2012
From the code, you are trying to run the command for "lastWord" on the local machine and then trying to copy the file from the remote machine which is not present there. The file you have generated is on local machine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

rcp logs

Hi, Can anyone help me to trace who has made rcp to a HP-UX machine? Is there a file that keeps such records? I know ftp's are recorded in /var/adm/syslog but i only need rcp.Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilkergu
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rcp

I am trying to set up RCP so root can access a few machines for file transfer. On the target machine, I have set up a .RHOSTS file that looks like: 10.33.1.59 root However when I try to use RCP to copy a file to this machine, I get permission denied. Is it possible since another user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

3. Solaris

rcp not working

I applied patch 108993-65 on two servers (5.8) and now I am unable to rcp to either machine. Getting "permission denied". (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

rcp command

Hi, Good day to you all. I am trying to use rcp command to transfer some files on the remote machine. I have already setup .rhosts on my server and on the remote machine. When I do rcp I get this error message rcmd_af: Lost connection Is anybody familiar with this one? Thanks in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sodapop
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regd: rcp

Hi, The B machine is using rcp method to copy a file to A machine. But it is not getting copied. Its giving the error as: remshd: Login incorrect. On A machine rhosts file has details about the B machine. Could anyone tell what could be done to make this work? Any help is appreciated.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehak
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP Failure

I HAVE A PERL SCRIPT WHICH RCP files from one server to another. The script is not having any issues for years and it is running for more than 3 years . Last week it had failed with error "Command timed out " error. Please help me out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP command

hi, When i use RCP command to copy filr from a different servers, it is showing as connection refused??? ca anyone help me out??? thanks, Arun Manas:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

rcp command is not working in crontab

Dear Friends, I am trying to copy SAP log file from one HPux server1 to another HPux server2 remotely through one script. following command has written in the script. rcp -rp /oracle/PRD/sapreorg/*.dbf oraprd@drsite:/oracle/PRD/sapreorg Above command working fine from command mode.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp -r || cp -r

what different between two instruction cp -r rcp -r (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Rcp issue

Hello, Could anyone help me in explaining what the below command actually means? rcp file_name user_name@ukpm01:cgiprod:file_name1 I know the rcp format as:- rcp filename username@servername:directory_location But what to do with multiple colons? I am on SunOS Solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubh05
2 Replies
MACHINE-ID(5)							  /etc/machine-id						     MACHINE-ID(5)

NAME
machine-id - local machine ID configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/machine-id DESCRIPTION
The /etc/machine-id file contains the unique machine id of the local system that is set during installation. The machine ID is a single newline-terminated, hexadecimal, lowercase 32 character machine ID string. (When decoded from hexadecimal this corresponds with a 16 byte/128 bit string.) The machine ID is usually generated from a random source during system installation and stays constant for all subsequent boots. Optionally, for stateless systems it is generated during runtime at boot if it is found to be empty. The machine ID does not change based on user configuration, or when hardware is replaced. This machine ID adheres to the same format and logic as the D-Bus machine ID. Programs may use this ID to identify the host with a globally unique ID in the network, that does not change even if the local network configuration changes. Due to this and its greater length it is a more useful replacement for the gethostid(3) call POSIX specifies. The systemd-machine-id-setup(1) tool may be used by installer tools to initialize the machine ID at install time. RELATION TO OSF UUIDS
Note that the machine ID historically is not an OSF UUID as defined by RFC 4122[1], nor a Microsoft GUID. Starting with systemd v30 newly generated machine IDs however do qualify as v4 UUIDs. In order to maintain compatibility with existing installations, an application requiring a UUID should decode the machine ID, and then apply the following operations to turn it into a valid OSF v4 UUID. With id being an unsigned character array: /* Set UUID version to 4 --- truly random generation */ id[6] = (id[6] & 0x0F) | 0x40; /* Set the UUID variant to DCE */ id[8] = (id[8] & 0x3F) | 0x80; (This code is inspired by generate_random_uuid() of drivers/char/random.c from the kernel sources.) HISTORY
The simple configuration file format of /etc/machine-id originates in the /var/lib/dbus/machine-id file introduced by D-Bus. In fact this latter file might be a symlink to /etc/machine-id. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), gethostid(3), hostname(5), machine-info(5), os-release(5) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer NOTES
1. RFC 4122 http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4122 systemd 10/07/2013 MACHINE-ID(5)