Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Total number of files in a FS Post 302671213 by drbiloukos on Friday 13th of July 2012 08:56:57 AM
Old 07-13-2012
Regular files I need.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

total number of lines

Hi have following file |abcd 2|abcd |sdfh |sdfj I want to find total number of files haivng nothing in feild 1 using awk will command awk -F "|" '( $1=="") {print NR}' test_awk will work??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep running total/ final total across multiple files

Ok, another fun hiccup in my UNIX learning curve. I am trying to count the number of occurrences of an IP address across multiple files named example.hits. I can extract the number of occurrences from the files individually but when you use grep -c with multiple files you get the output similar to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrAd
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

total number of files which have "aaa" in files whose names are File*_bbb*

I am getting the list of all the files which have "aaa" from files whose name is File*_bbb*. grep -l "aaa" File*_bbb* But I want to count the number of files. That is I want the total number of files which have "aaa" in files File*_bbb* If I run the following for getting number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheshnaiyer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script on how to count the total number of lines of all the files under a directory

how to count the total number of lines of all the files under a directory using perl script.. I mean if I have 10 files under a directory then I want to count the total number of lines of all the 10 files contain. Please help me in writing a perl script on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for total number of files (and size) across subdirectories?

Hi all... I have a directory called dbrn. This directory contains an unknown number of subdirectories which in turn contain an unknown number of files. What I want to know is: How many files with extention .ABC can be found in /dbrn across all subdirecties, and what is the total size for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beun
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sum total number of record and total number of record problem asking

Input file SFSQW 5192.56 HNRNPK 611.486 QEQW 1202.15 ASDR 568.627 QWET 6382.11 SFSQW 4386.3 HNRNPK 100 SFSQW 500 Desired output file SFSQW 10078.86 3 QWET 6382.11 1 QEQW 1202.15 1 HNRNPK 711.49 2 ASDR 568.63 1 The way I tried: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write the total number of rows in multiple files into another file

Hello Friends, I know you all are busy and inteligent too... I am stuck with one small issue if you can help me then it will be really great. My problem is I am having some files i.e. Input.txt1 Input.txt2 Input.txt3 Now my task is I need to check the total number of rows in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaya kumar
4 Replies

8. AIX

How to calcuate total number of weeks?

Hi anyone can help? How to calculate total number of weeks from a specify date, for example, 01 Jan 2012. Thx! https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rayray2013
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total number of files in the folder should be listed

Hi All, When i give the ls -lrt to list out all files with total number of files , i get the output as ls -lrt total 72 -rw-r--r-- 1 hari staff 796 Jul 11 09:17 va.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 hari staff 169 Jul 13 00:20 a.log -rwxr-xr-x 1 hari staff 659 Aug... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance of calculating total number of matching records in multiple files

Hello Friends, I've been trying to calculate total number of a certain match in multiple data records files (DRs). Let say I have a daily created folders for each day since the beginning of july like the following drwxrwxrwx 2 mmsuper med 65536 Jul 1 23:59 20150701 drwxrwxrwx 2 mmsuper... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies
vgrindefs(5)                                            Standards, Environments, and Macros                                           vgrindefs(5)

NAME
vgrindefs - vgrind's language definition data base SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/vgrindefs DESCRIPTION
vgrindefs contains all language definitions for vgrind(1). Capabilities in vgrindefs are of two types: Boolean capabilities which indicate that the language has some particular feature and string capabilities which give a regular expression or keyword list. Entries may continue onto multiple lines by giving a as the last character of a line. Lines starting with # are comments. Capabilities The following table names and describes each capability. +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |Name | Type |Description | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |ab | str |Regular expression for the start of an | | | |alternate form comment | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |ae | str |Regular expression for the end of an alter- | | | |nate form comment | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |bb | str |Regular expression for the start of a block | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |be | str |Regular expression for the end of a lexical | | | |block | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |cb | str |Regular expression for the start of a com- | | | |ment | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |ce | str |Regular expression for the end of a comment | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |id | str |String giving characters other than letters | | | |and digits that may legally occur in iden- | | | |tifiers (default `_') | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |kw | str |A list of keywords separated by spaces | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |lb | str |Regular expression for the start of a char- | | | |acter constant | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |le | str |Regular expression for the end of a charac- | | | |ter constant | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |oc | bool |Present means upper and lower case are | | | |equivalent | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |pb | str |Regular expression for start of a procedure | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |pl | bool |Procedure definitions are constrained to | | | |the lexical level matched by the `px' capa- | | | |bility | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |px | str |A match for this regular expression indi- | | | |cates that procedure definitions may occur | | | |at the next lexical level. Useful for lisp- | | | |like languages in which procedure defini- | | | |tions occur as subexpressions of defuns. | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |sb | str |Regular expression for the start of a | | | |string | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |se | str |Regular expression for the end of a string | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |tc | str |Use the named entry as a continuation of | | | |this one | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ |tl | bool |Present means procedures are only defined | | | |at the top lexical level | +-------+---------+--------------------------------------------+ Regular Expressions vgrindefs uses regular expressions similar to those of ex(1) and lex(1). The characters `^', `$', `:', and `' are reserved characters and must be `quoted' with a preceding if they are to be included as normal characters. The metasymbols and their meanings are: $ The end of a line ^ The beginning of a line d A delimiter (space, tab, newline, start of line) a Matches any string of symbols (like `.*' in lex) p Matches any identifier. In a procedure definition (the `pb' capability) the string that matches this symbol is used as the procedure name. () Grouping | Alternation ? Last item is optional e Preceding any string means that the string will not match an input string if the input string is preceded by an escape character (). This is typically used for languages (like C) that can include the string delimiter in a string by escaping it. Unlike other regular expressions in the system, these match words and not characters. Hence something like `(tramp|steamer)flies?' would match `tramp', `steamer', `trampflies', or `steamerflies'. Contrary to some forms of regular expressions, vgrindef alternation binds very tightly. Grouping parentheses are likely to be necessary in expressions involving alternation. Keyword List The keyword list is just a list of keywords in the language separated by spaces. If the `oc' boolean is specified, indicating that upper and lower case are equivalent, then all the keywords should be specified in lower case. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample program. The following entry, which describes the C language, is typical of a language entry. C|c|the C programming language: :pb=^d?*?d?pd?(a?)(d|{):bb={:be=}:cb=/*:ce=*/:sb=":se=e": :le=e':tl: :kw=asm auto break case char continue default do double else enum extern float for fortran goto if int long register return short sizeof static struct switch typedef union unsigned void while #define #else #endif #if #ifdef #ifndef #include #undef # define endif ifdef ifndef include undef defined: Note that the first field is just the language name (and any variants of it). Thus the C language could be specified to vgrind(1) as `c' or `C'. FILES
/usr/lib/vgrindefs file containing vgrind descriptions SEE ALSO
ex(1), lex(1), troff(1), vgrind(1) SunOS 5.10 10 Aug 1994 vgrindefs(5)