Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not able to create alias in bash Sun solaris Post 302671159 by krsnadasa on Friday 13th of July 2012 07:42:06 AM
Old 07-13-2012
Hi Guru,

Many thanks, it is resolved by your solution. I have question for my understanding..

1. using
Code:
source

means we are running script in same shell. Generally what should be right way to run script, in same shell or in parent shell?

2. If i need to run script usng bash then why can i not put . As i can see one the vendor provided script we have which start the tomcalt server using this entry...
Code:
#!/bin/bash

we run that using ./starttomcat.sh..

Thanks..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Create an alias

I want to create an alias that will grep the passwd file for the logged in persons username and then it will return the password file entry. I want to pipe the whoami info to the grep command. I have created the following: % alias whopw grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mozark
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Can i create pcfs partition using sun solaris 10 ?

Can i use the sun solaris 10 to create Fat32 partition ? and i have another question im so confused between format command an fdisk within it, and mkfs and newfs, well what i got is that i have to use format to create partition physcially in my hard disk then i have to use mkfs or newfs (which is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a alias with an argument

If I want to create an alias called "cdr", and this alias need an argument (for example arg1)followed by "cdr", the result should go to the directory like "/home/ting/arg1/report/logs", the command should look like below, alias cdr arg1 "cd /home/ting/\!$1/report/logs" (not working)::( ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ting123
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Alias on Desktop

Hi, I just need a simple UNIX command to send out over ARD that will create an alias to an application and place it on the desktop. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yodomino6
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create an ALIAS....

Hi GUYS, I need to create an alias for the the connect statement. I want to replace "CONNECT TO DBNAME" to "CONNECT TO DBNAME user USERID using PASSWORD" I thought i will add an alias in the .profile. But its not working. May be because i am trying to create it for 3 words instead of one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux bash script to sun solaris

Hi guys, I seek a solution for this action for Sun solaris. find /sapmnt/${up}/global -prune -printf "%m %M %u %g %p\n" > $DAT1 The Application/Utilities in Sun Solaris are to old and cant understand "-printf". An update for Application/Utilities is exist, but not possible to implement... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ixibits
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Create Unix printer in sun Solaris

Guy's Can anyone explain how to Create Unix printer in Solaris what's the exact steps to create Unix direct printer ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create an alias

I want to create an alias cpage4 and create a postscript file For example I want to call cpage4 file.f which creates the file file.ps I have written like this but don't know how to continue alias cpage4 '/usr/bin/mpage -m40 -4AHP- \!* (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)