Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Faster search needed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Faster search needed Post 302671141 by daytripper1021 on Friday 13th of July 2012 07:11:01 AM
Old 07-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashxx
this should be pretty fast :
Code:
sort  -t, -k 6,6  -o file1 file1

Code:
sort  -t, -k 1,1  -o file2 file2

Code:
join -t, -o 1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4,1.5,1.6,2.2 -j1 6 -j2 1 file1 file2 |sort -t, -k 7,7

the join command had no output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed in search string

Hi , I learning shell scripting.. I need to do the following in my shell script. Search a given logfile for two\more strings. If the the two strings are found. write it to a outputfile if only one of the string is found, write the found string in one output file and other in other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

search a replace each line- help needed ASAP

can someone help me with the find and replace command. I have a input file which is in the below format: 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000008EGYPT 000000000000199800000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
20 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Search/Replace Multiple Files Script Needed

I have a rather complicated search and replace I need to do among several dozen files and over a hundred occurrences. My site is written in PHP and throughout the old code, you will find things like die("Operation Aborted due to....."); For my new design skins for the site, I need to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing 10 lines above and below the search string: help needed

Hi, The below code will search a particular string(say false in this case) and return me 10 lines above and below the search string in a file. " awk 'c-->0;$0~s{if(b)for(c=b+1;c>1;c--)print r;print("***********************************");print;c=a;}b{r=$ 0}' b=10 a=10 s="false" " ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimalm22
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with basic search

hi, im trying to find the longest word in /usr/share/dict/words that does not contain the letter i. i've tried using the wc -L command like so: $ wc -L /usr/share/dict/words which basically tells me the longest word which is good but how do i get the longest word which Does not contain the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tryintolearn
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search needed part in text file (awk?)

Hello! I have text file: From aaa@bbb Fri Jun 1 10:04:29 2010 --____OSPHWOJQGRPHNTTXKYGR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline My code '234565'. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyme
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern and replace. Help needed

I have three variables $a, $b and $c $a = file_abc_123.txt $b = 123 $c = 100 I want to search if $b is present in $a. If it is present, then i want to replace that portion by $c. Here $b = 123 is present in "file_abc_123.txt", so i need the output as "file_abc_100.txt' How can this be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed - find command for recursive search

Hi All I have a requirement to find the file that are most latest to be modified in each directory. Can somebody help with the command please? E.g of the problem. The directory A is having sub directory which are having subdirectory an so on. I need a command which will find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive folder search faster than find?

I'm trying to find folders created by a propritary data aquisition software with the .aps ending--yes, I have never encountered folder with a suffix before (some files also end in .aps) and sort them by date. I need the whole path ls -dt "$dataDir"*".aps"does exactly what I want except for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A faster way to read and search

I have a simple script that reads in data from fileA.txt and searches line by line for that data in multiple files (*multfiles.txt). It only prints the data when there is more than 1 instance of it. The problem is that its really slow (3+ hours) to complete the entire process. There are nearly 1500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
10 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)