Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Faster search needed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Faster search needed Post 302671095 by daytripper1021 on Friday 13th of July 2012 05:04:47 AM
Old 07-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by elixir_sinari
Code:
nawk -F, 'FNR==NR{a[$1]=$2;next}{$(NF+1)=a[$NF]}1' OFS="," file2 file1

I haven't tested the performance though...Smilie
Thanks for the quick reply! Btw, I think the code could get faster if, once a match has been found, it ends the search for that value and goes immediately to the next. Would you know how to add this in? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed in search string

Hi , I learning shell scripting.. I need to do the following in my shell script. Search a given logfile for two\more strings. If the the two strings are found. write it to a outputfile if only one of the string is found, write the found string in one output file and other in other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

search a replace each line- help needed ASAP

can someone help me with the find and replace command. I have a input file which is in the below format: 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000008EGYPT 000000000000199800000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
20 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Search/Replace Multiple Files Script Needed

I have a rather complicated search and replace I need to do among several dozen files and over a hundred occurrences. My site is written in PHP and throughout the old code, you will find things like die("Operation Aborted due to....."); For my new design skins for the site, I need to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing 10 lines above and below the search string: help needed

Hi, The below code will search a particular string(say false in this case) and return me 10 lines above and below the search string in a file. " awk 'c-->0;$0~s{if(b)for(c=b+1;c>1;c--)print r;print("***********************************");print;c=a;}b{r=$ 0}' b=10 a=10 s="false" " ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimalm22
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with basic search

hi, im trying to find the longest word in /usr/share/dict/words that does not contain the letter i. i've tried using the wc -L command like so: $ wc -L /usr/share/dict/words which basically tells me the longest word which is good but how do i get the longest word which Does not contain the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tryintolearn
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search needed part in text file (awk?)

Hello! I have text file: From aaa@bbb Fri Jun 1 10:04:29 2010 --____OSPHWOJQGRPHNTTXKYGR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline My code '234565'. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyme
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern and replace. Help needed

I have three variables $a, $b and $c $a = file_abc_123.txt $b = 123 $c = 100 I want to search if $b is present in $a. If it is present, then i want to replace that portion by $c. Here $b = 123 is present in "file_abc_123.txt", so i need the output as "file_abc_100.txt' How can this be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed - find command for recursive search

Hi All I have a requirement to find the file that are most latest to be modified in each directory. Can somebody help with the command please? E.g of the problem. The directory A is having sub directory which are having subdirectory an so on. I need a command which will find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive folder search faster than find?

I'm trying to find folders created by a propritary data aquisition software with the .aps ending--yes, I have never encountered folder with a suffix before (some files also end in .aps) and sort them by date. I need the whole path ls -dt "$dataDir"*".aps"does exactly what I want except for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A faster way to read and search

I have a simple script that reads in data from fileA.txt and searches line by line for that data in multiple files (*multfiles.txt). It only prints the data when there is more than 1 instance of it. The problem is that its really slow (3+ hours) to complete the entire process. There are nearly 1500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
10 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)