Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print logs in unix prompt or to a log file? Post 302671089 by vel4ever on Friday 13th of July 2012 04:54:39 AM
Old 07-13-2012
But i don't want the logs to be available at Server, i need it at the client. The problem stored procedure is getting invoked but it just gets running for a very long time. I couldn't able to figure out where exactly it is running or it is failed with exception or errors. Same scripts running good in lower env.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to constantly read the last 500 new logs in a log file

Hello, I would like to write a bash script that would monitor a log file for a certain number of logs, let's say 500 logs and when it reaches that number to write the last log to another file. For example, I want to watch the /var/adm/messages and everytime, there is 500 new logs that are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect all logs files contents into a single log file

Hi , I have a Data cleansing process which creates different log file for each step , when the process runs it creates following log files in below order: p1_tranfrmr_log.txt p1_tranfrmr_stats.txt p2_globrtr_log.txt p2_globrtr_stats.txt p3_cusparse_log.txt p3_cusparse_stats.txt ' '... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to extract distinct logs from a Log File

Hi, I urgently need some help how to extract distinct entries from a Log file. The Log File may have same error occuring many times so how do i count the occurance of an error in file and also extract out distinct errors in a file. Eg:- I have a file name A.log it contains entries as below:-... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roro
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File transmission logs in UNIX

Can any one give a explaination with examples on how to understand file transmission log files in Unix for inbound and outbound traffic. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITDev01
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with UNIX logs file

I'm working on Logs Management System. it requires from all Unix servers to send their logs files to a specific (IP, Port). Please help me to get the right conf on logs files to send them to that IP and port. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. :o:o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinan adra
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to print the particular date logs on UNIX (Solaris)?

I would like to get only some particular date logs from /var/adm/messages. Please suggest any command or script to get this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in getting the Last 30 minutes logs from the Log File

I have a log file with the below contents : log_file_updated.txt : Jul 5 03:33:06 rsyslogd: was Jul 5 03:33:09 adcsdb1 rhsmd: This system is registered. Sep 2 02:45:48 adcsdb1 UDSAgent: 2015-07-05 04:24:48.959 INFO Worker_Thread_4032813936 Accepted connection from host <unknown>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print Error in Console and both Error & Output in Log file - UNIX

I am writing a shell script with 2 run time arguments. During the execution if i got any error, then it needs to redirected to a error file and in console. Also both error and output to be redirected to a log file. But i am facing the below error. #! /bin/sh errExit () { errMsg=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
1 Replies
GEARMAND(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      GEARMAND(1p)

NAME
gearmand - Gearman client/worker connector. SYNOPSIS
gearmand --daemon DESCRIPTION
This is the main executable for Gearman::Server. It provides command-line configuration of port numbers, pidfiles, and daemonization. OPTIONS
--daemonize / -d Make the daemon run in the background (good for init.d scripts, bad for running under daemontools/supervise). --port=7003 / -p 7003 Set the port number, defaults to 7003. --pidfile=/some/dir/gearmand.pid Write a pidfile when starting up --debug=1 Enable debugging (currently the only debug output is when a client or worker connects). --accept=10 Number of new connections to accept each time we see a listening socket ready. This doesn't usually need to be tuned by anyone, however in dire circumstances you may need to do it quickly. --wakeup=3 Number of workers to wake up per job inserted into the queue. Zero(0) is a perfectly acceptable answer, and can be used if you don't care much about job latency. This would bank on the base idea of a worker checking in with the server every so often. Negative One (-1) indicates that all sleeping workers should be woken up. All other negative numbers will cause the server to throw exception and not start. --wakeup-delay= Time interval before waking up more workers (the value specified by --wakeup) when jobs are still in the queue. Zero(0) means go as fast as possible, but not all at the same time. Similar to -1 on --wakeup, but is more cooperative in gearmand's multitasking model. Negative One (-1) means that this event won't happe, so only the initial workers will be woken up to handle jobs in the queue. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2007, Danga Interactive You are granted a license to use it under the same terms as Perl itself. WARRANTY
This is free software. IT COMES WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. AUTHORS
Brad Fitzpatrick <brad@danga.com> Brad Whitaker <whitaker@danga.com> SEE ALSO
Gearman::Server Gearman::Client Gearman::Worker Gearman::Client::Async perl v5.10.1 2009-10-05 GEARMAND(1p)