Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I match the particular character in the string? Post 302671079 by ctsgnb on Friday 13th of July 2012 04:32:09 AM
Old 07-13-2012
This may require some tweak depending on your requirements and depending on how the rest of your file looks like.

Code:
awk -F"[][ ]" 'NF>4{a[$3]=(a[$3]?a[$3] RS:z) $(NF-1)}END{for(i in a) {print i":" RS a[i]}}' yourfile

Code:
awk -F"[][ ]" 'tolower($3)~/full|txt/{a[$3]=(a[$3]?a[$3] RS:z)  $(NF-1)}END{for(i in a) {print i":" RS a[i]}}' yourfile

Last edited by ctsgnb; 07-13-2012 at 05:38 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

match a character in a line and replace

Hi, I have a file with large number of records. Sample below: 123456789QWERT2U 2 erter 987123678ZXCVB6Y 5 7689 934567123GHJKUI4O 7 - -- -- I want the 16th character in each record to be replaced with the below as follows;so 2 will become K, 6 will become O and 4 will become... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn: How to loop through a string character by character

If I have a string defined as: MyString=abcde echo $MyString How can I loop through it character by character? I haven't been able to find a way to index the string so that I loop through it. shew01 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
10 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

character match and count

Use and complete the template provided. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: How can I count number of occurance of a single character in a file.. eg. How many '$' characters are there in account file..! 2. Relevant commands,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match character with single quote?

I need to check whether first character of variable is single quote. I tried the below constructions but they are all not working (always return true) if (test `echo "$REGEXP" |cut -c1` != "'"); then echo "TRUE"; fi if (test `echo "$REGEXP" |cut -c1` != '\''); then echo "TRUE"; fi if (test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : match the string and string with the quotes :

Hi all, Here is the data file: - want to match only lan3 in the output . - not lan3:1 file : OPERATING_SYSTEM=HP-UX LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3" IP_ADDRESS="10.53.52.241" SUBNET_MASK="255.255.255.192" BROADCAST_ADDRESS="" INTERFACE_STATE=""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Character match and replace

Hello All I am struck in the issue which I want to share with all of you. What I am trying to do is For every line in a file I have to replace a particular character from the given character in a file For Example Suppose the data is 1111x2222 1111x2222 2222y3333 1111x2222 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match string against character class in bash

Hello, I want to check whether string has only numeric characters. The following code doesn't work for me #!/usr/local/bin/bash if ]]; then echo "true" else echo "False" fi # ./yyy '346' False # ./yyy 'aaa' False I'm searching for solution using character classes, not regex.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting character between 2 token - using only first match

Hello. ps -ae return I would like that the following command return 3214 echo " 3214 ? 00:00:01 acroread" | grep -o "]]]*" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or traili

Hi, Anyone can help using SED searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or trailing space/blank. Text file : "1"|"ExternalClassDEA519CF5"|"Art1" "2"|"ExternalClass563EA516C"|"Art3" "3"|"ExternalClass305ED16B8"|"Art9" ... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
opendkim-genkey(8)					      System Manager's Manual						opendkim-genkey(8)

NAME
opendkim-genkey - DKIM filter key generation tool SYNOPSIS
opendkim-genkey [options] DESCRIPTION
opendkim-genkey generates (1) a private key for signing messages using opendkim(8) and (2) a DNS TXT record suitable for inclusion in a zone file which publishes the matching public key for use by remote DKIM verifiers. The filenames of these are based on the selector (see below); the private key will have a suffix of ".private" and the TXT record will have a suffix of ".txt". OPTIONS
-a Appends the domain name (see -d below) to the label in the generated TXT record, followed by a trailing period. By default it is assumed the domain name is implicit from the context of the zone file, and is therefore not included in the output. -b bits Specifies the size of the key, in bits, to be generated. The default is 1024 which is the value recommended by the DKIM specifica- tion. -d domain Names the domain which will use this key for signing. Currently only used in a comment in the TXT record file. The default is "example.com". -D directory Instructs the tool to change to the named directory prior to creating files. By default the current directory is used. -h algorithms Specifies a list of hash algorithms which can be used with this key. By default all hash algorithms are allowed. -n note Includes arbitrary note text in the key record. By default, no such text is included. -r Restricts the key for use in e-mail signing only. The default is to allow the key to be used for any service. -s selector Specifies the selector, or name, of the key pair generated. The default is "default". -S Disallows subdomain signing by this key. By default the key record will be generated such that verifiers are told subdomain signing is permitted. -t Indicates the generated key record should be tagged such that verifiers are aware DKIM is in test at the signing domain. NOTES
Requires that the openssl(8) binary be installed and in the executing shell's search path. VERSION
This man page covers the version of opendkim-genkey that shipped with version 2.6.8 of OpenDKIM. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, 2008 Sendmail, Inc. and its suppliers. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2009, 2011, 2012, The OpenDKIM Project. All rights reserved. SEE ALSO
opendkim(8), openssl(8) RFC6376 - DomainKeys Identified Mail The OpenDKIM Project opendkim-genkey(8)