Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print logs in unix prompt or to a log file? Post 302671047 by vel4ever on Friday 13th of July 2012 03:46:48 AM
Old 07-13-2012
How to print logs in unix prompt or to a log file?

I am executing a stored procedure through shell script. In the procedure, i have dbms_output.put_line to log the comments. This is working fine and but logs are available only after the execution of the pl/sql procedure's completion.

I want to print the log comments while executing the procedure itself. is there a way to do it?

---------- Post updated at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:03 AM ----------

Shell script

Code:
logs=$root"/logs"
DATE=`date '+%Y%m%d'`
exec >> $logs/subprod_${DATE}.log 2>&1
sqlplus -s $user/$pass@$tns @$sql/inv_proce.sql << EOF
EOF

SQL file (nv_proce.sql )
Code:
set pages 0
set trimspool on
set serveroutput on
set echo on
set feedback on
set heading on
variable out NUMBER
begin
        pack.proce(:out);
end;
/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to constantly read the last 500 new logs in a log file

Hello, I would like to write a bash script that would monitor a log file for a certain number of logs, let's say 500 logs and when it reaches that number to write the last log to another file. For example, I want to watch the /var/adm/messages and everytime, there is 500 new logs that are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect all logs files contents into a single log file

Hi , I have a Data cleansing process which creates different log file for each step , when the process runs it creates following log files in below order: p1_tranfrmr_log.txt p1_tranfrmr_stats.txt p2_globrtr_log.txt p2_globrtr_stats.txt p3_cusparse_log.txt p3_cusparse_stats.txt ' '... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to extract distinct logs from a Log File

Hi, I urgently need some help how to extract distinct entries from a Log file. The Log File may have same error occuring many times so how do i count the occurance of an error in file and also extract out distinct errors in a file. Eg:- I have a file name A.log it contains entries as below:-... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roro
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File transmission logs in UNIX

Can any one give a explaination with examples on how to understand file transmission log files in Unix for inbound and outbound traffic. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITDev01
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with UNIX logs file

I'm working on Logs Management System. it requires from all Unix servers to send their logs files to a specific (IP, Port). Please help me to get the right conf on logs files to send them to that IP and port. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. :o:o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinan adra
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to print the particular date logs on UNIX (Solaris)?

I would like to get only some particular date logs from /var/adm/messages. Please suggest any command or script to get this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in getting the Last 30 minutes logs from the Log File

I have a log file with the below contents : log_file_updated.txt : Jul 5 03:33:06 rsyslogd: was Jul 5 03:33:09 adcsdb1 rhsmd: This system is registered. Sep 2 02:45:48 adcsdb1 UDSAgent: 2015-07-05 04:24:48.959 INFO Worker_Thread_4032813936 Accepted connection from host <unknown>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print Error in Console and both Error & Output in Log file - UNIX

I am writing a shell script with 2 run time arguments. During the execution if i got any error, then it needs to redirected to a error file and in console. Also both error and output to be redirected to a log file. But i am facing the below error. #! /bin/sh errExit () { errMsg=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
1 Replies
oar-database(1) 						   OAR commands 						   oar-database(1)

NAME
oar-database - create/initialize/upgrade/reset/drop the oar database SYNOPSIS
oar-database --create [OPTIONS] oar-database --drop [OPTIONS] oar-database --setup [OPTIONS] oar-database --reset [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Manage the oar database. --setup Initialize/Upgrade an existing database. --reset Reset an existing database. --create Create and initialize a new database/user. --drop Drop an existing database/user. OPTIONS
General parameters --conf=OAR_CONF_FILE Define the oar configuration file to use. By default /etc/oar/oar.conf is used. This file doesn't exist, the default parameters for each value are used. --update-conf The database parameters given in the command line are writen to the OAR_CONF_FILE -h,--help Display this help. -d,--debug Display more information during the script execution -f,--force-sql Force to resume the execution even if an sql instruction fails -y,--force-yes This option will cause oar-database to continue without prompting if it is doins something potentially harmful Database admin parameters These parameters are only needed for database/user creation or removing. --db-is-local For --create or --drop, this option tells that the database is local. oar-database can use local admin account to execute command (useful for postgres). --db-admin-user=DB_ADMIN_USER For --create or --drop, this option gives the privilegied user to use. --db-admin-pass=DB_ADMIN_PASS For --create or --drop, this option gives the privilegied user pass to use. SQL parameters By default, if not specified, all the sql parameters are taken from the OAR_CONF_FILE. It is preferable to set these values directly to this file. --db-type=DB_TYPE The type of the SQL database. It can be currently, mysql or Pg (for postgresql). --db-user=DB_USER Connect to the database as the user DB_USER instead of the one given in OAR_CONF_FILE. By default, if OAR_CONF_FILE doesn't specify a user, it is oar. --db-pass=DB_PASS Connect to the database with the password DB_PASS instead of the one given in OAR_CONF_FILE. --db-host=DB_HOST Connect to the database on the host DB_HOST, By default, if OAR_CONF_FILE doesn't specify a host, it is localhost. --db-port=DB_PORT Connect to the database on the port DB_PORT, By default, if OAR_CONF_FILE doesn't specify a port, the value depend on the DB_TYPE. if DB_TYPE is mysql, DB_PORT is 3306. If DB_TYPE is postgresql, DB_PORT is 5432. --db-name=DB_NAME Connect to the database on the host DB_HOST, By default, if OAR_CONF_FILE doesn't specify a database name, it is oar. --db-ro-user=DB_RO_USER same as --db-user except that it is for the read only access. --db-ro-pass=DB_RO_PASS same as --db-pass except that it is for the read only access. EXAMPLES
Mysql First you need to specify the sql parameters in /etc/oar/oar.conf. These parameters will be used by oar-database. To create a new database (assuming that the sql root password is PASS): oar-database --create --db-admin-user root --db-admin-pass PASS To upgrade an existing database: oar-database --setup Postgresql First you need to specify the sql parameters in /etc/oar/oar.conf. These parameters will be used by oar-database. Then if your postgresql database is on the local system, you can use the option --db-is-local (otherwise, the procedure is the same as Mysql). So oar-database will use the postgres unix user to administrate the database (you need privilegied access to the local system). To create a new database: oar-database --create --db-is-local To upgrade an existing database: oar-database --setup Advanced usages To make some tests or to administrate several databases, you can also specify the sql parameters on the command line. For example: oar-database --create --db-type=Pg --db-host=HOST --db-user=oar --db-pass=PASS --db-admin-user=ADMIN_USER --db-admin-pass=ADMIN_PASS will create the oar database and the oar user on the postgresql system hosted by HOST. The user ADMIN_USER must have the right to create new databases and new roles on this system. FILES
/usr/lib/oar/database/mysql_structure.sql, /usr/lib/oar/database/pg_structure.sql SQL instructions for creating the structure of the oar database. /usr/lib/oar/database/mysql_default_admission_rules.sql, /usr/lib/oar/database/pg_default_admission_rules.sql SQL instructions for inserting the default admission rules in the oar database. /usr/lib/oar/database/default_data.sql SQL instructions for inserting the default data in the oar database. /usr/lib/oar/database/mysql_reset_structure.sql, /usr/lib/oar/database/pg_reset_structure.sql SQL instruction for emptying an existing oar database. /usr/lib/oar/database/mysql_structure_upgrade_*.sql, /usr/lib/oar/database/pg_structure_upgrade_*.sql SQL instructions for upgrading an existing database. oar-database 2012-06-26 oar-database(1)