Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print logs in unix prompt or to a log file? Post 302671047 by vel4ever on Friday 13th of July 2012 03:46:48 AM
Old 07-13-2012
How to print logs in unix prompt or to a log file?

I am executing a stored procedure through shell script. In the procedure, i have dbms_output.put_line to log the comments. This is working fine and but logs are available only after the execution of the pl/sql procedure's completion.

I want to print the log comments while executing the procedure itself. is there a way to do it?

---------- Post updated at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:03 AM ----------

Shell script

Code:
logs=$root"/logs"
DATE=`date '+%Y%m%d'`
exec >> $logs/subprod_${DATE}.log 2>&1
sqlplus -s $user/$pass@$tns @$sql/inv_proce.sql << EOF
EOF

SQL file (nv_proce.sql )
Code:
set pages 0
set trimspool on
set serveroutput on
set echo on
set feedback on
set heading on
variable out NUMBER
begin
        pack.proce(:out);
end;
/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to constantly read the last 500 new logs in a log file

Hello, I would like to write a bash script that would monitor a log file for a certain number of logs, let's say 500 logs and when it reaches that number to write the last log to another file. For example, I want to watch the /var/adm/messages and everytime, there is 500 new logs that are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect all logs files contents into a single log file

Hi , I have a Data cleansing process which creates different log file for each step , when the process runs it creates following log files in below order: p1_tranfrmr_log.txt p1_tranfrmr_stats.txt p2_globrtr_log.txt p2_globrtr_stats.txt p3_cusparse_log.txt p3_cusparse_stats.txt ' '... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to extract distinct logs from a Log File

Hi, I urgently need some help how to extract distinct entries from a Log file. The Log File may have same error occuring many times so how do i count the occurance of an error in file and also extract out distinct errors in a file. Eg:- I have a file name A.log it contains entries as below:-... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roro
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File transmission logs in UNIX

Can any one give a explaination with examples on how to understand file transmission log files in Unix for inbound and outbound traffic. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITDev01
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with UNIX logs file

I'm working on Logs Management System. it requires from all Unix servers to send their logs files to a specific (IP, Port). Please help me to get the right conf on logs files to send them to that IP and port. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. :o:o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinan adra
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to print the particular date logs on UNIX (Solaris)?

I would like to get only some particular date logs from /var/adm/messages. Please suggest any command or script to get this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in getting the Last 30 minutes logs from the Log File

I have a log file with the below contents : log_file_updated.txt : Jul 5 03:33:06 rsyslogd: was Jul 5 03:33:09 adcsdb1 rhsmd: This system is registered. Sep 2 02:45:48 adcsdb1 UDSAgent: 2015-07-05 04:24:48.959 INFO Worker_Thread_4032813936 Accepted connection from host <unknown>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print Error in Console and both Error & Output in Log file - UNIX

I am writing a shell script with 2 run time arguments. During the execution if i got any error, then it needs to redirected to a error file and in console. Also both error and output to be redirected to a log file. But i am facing the below error. #! /bin/sh errExit () { errMsg=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
1 Replies
MULOG(1)							Museek Daemon Plus							  MULOG(1)

NAME
Mulog - Chat Logging Script for Museekd DESCRIPTION
Mulog is command-line Python script that connects to museekd(1) and saves chat messages into log files. Under the Log Directory, it creates room & private subdirectories and a syslog file. If it loses connection with museekd, it will automatically exit. Setting the interface and password on the command-line is a security risk. Since interface and password settings are saved to the config file when set, you should set them, exit mulog, and restart mulog without the options on the commandline..LP Before running, you will need a working museekd(1) and need to know your museekd interface and interface password. Configure those with musetup(1). SYNOPSIS
mulog [-c <config-filename> ] [--config <config-filename>] [-i <host:port | /socket.path>] [--interface <host:port | /socket.path> [-p <interface-password>] [--password <inteface-password>] [-l <directory>] [--log <directory>] [-v] [--version] [-h] [--help] OPTIONS
Mulog accepts the following options: -c <filename>, --config <filename> Use a different config file. -l <directory>, --log <directory> Use a different chat log directory. -i, --interface <host:port | /socket.path> Choose a different interface (saved to config file) -p, --password <interface-password> Choose a different password (saved to config file) -v, --version Display Version and exit. -h, --help Display Help and exit. EXAMPLE
To run this program the standard way type: mulog Alternativly you use a different config file with: mulog --config mulog.config To set the interface password: mulog --password 1234567890 FILES
~/.museekd/mulog.config The default location for the mulog config file. ~/.museekd/logs/ The default log directory. ~/.museekd/logs/syslog The museekd error/connection log file. ~/.museekd/logs/room/ The directory where chat room logs are stored. ~/.museekd/logs/private/ The directory where private chat logs are stored. AUTHORS
Hyriand <hyriand@thegraveyard.org> daelstorm <daelstorm@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
mucous(1) murmur(1) muscan(1) muscand(1)museekcontrol(1) museekd(1) musetup(1) musetup-gtk(1) museeq(1) daelstorm Release 0.2.0 MULOG(1)