Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED - insert space at the beginning of line and multi replace command Post 302670811 by alister on Thursday 12th of July 2012 12:47:19 PM
Old 07-12-2012
Which shell and operating system are you using? Post the exact code that you tried in the exact way that you invoked it. Post the exact erroneous output and error message that you received. Otherwise, we can't be of any help.

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space, that is not in html tags <> with new line using sed

Hi, I am working on transforming html code text into the .vert text format. I want to use linux utility sed. I have this regexp which should do the work: s/ \(?!*>\)/\n/g. I use it like this with sed: echo "you <we try> there" | sed 's/ \(?!*>\)/\n/g' ... The demanded output should be: you <we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt1311
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert two strings at the beginning and at the end of each line of a file

Hi, excuse me for my poor english. My problem is that: I have a File i want to add to each line of that file two strings: one at the beginning of the line, one at the ending. string1="abcd" string2="efgh" i want $string1 content $string2 for each line. Is that possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux-fueled
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnu sed replace space with new line

please help in making sed singleline command i need to insert dos new line (CR LF) before " 34 matching device(s) found on \\cpu1." " 6 matching device(s) found on \\cpu7." " 102 matching device(s) found on \\mainserver." the problem is that sometimes there are both CR LF before strings and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xserg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace new line ( \n ) with space or Tab in Sed

Hi, how to replace new line with tab in sed ... i used sed -e 's/\n/\t/g' <filename > but its not working (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : replace space and end-of-line

Hi ! I'm rather new with sed ... learned a lot already by googling etc ... The following script should replace all spaces and ends-of-lines with "something (see below). #!/bin/bash i=0 while read line do fam="H`printf "%06d" $i`" echo $line | sed -e 's//\t'$fam'\n/g' i=$(($i+1))... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jossojjos
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert 1 space using the command sed

Hi I want to use sed to insert one space after the 10'th character in every line. The lines are on this format: 2012-01-1012:30:55|7323456|65432 2011-02-0313:11:06|1223|3456 ...... ...... Does anyone know sed well enough to acomplish this? If there is any other way around this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ic12
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace a line with multi lines from a var

I am trying to find a line in a file ("Replace_Flag") and replace it with a variable which hold a multi lined file. myVar=`cat myfile` sed -e 's/Replace_Flag/'$myVar'/' /pathto/test.file myfile: cat dog boy girl mouse house test.file: football hockey Replace_Flag baseball ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bblondin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert output from a file to beginning of line with sed

Hi I've been trying to search but couldn't quite get the answer I was looking for. I have a a file that's like this Time, 9/1/12 0:00, 1033 0:10, 1044 ... 23:50, 1050 How do I make it so the file will be like this? 9/1/12, 0:00, 1033 9/1/12, 0:10, 1044 ... 9/1/12, 23:50, 1050 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diesel88
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text at the beginning of every even number line

i am trying to insert text at the beginning of every even number line with awk i can do it with odd number lines with this command awk 'NR%2{$0="some text "$0}1' filehow can i edit this command thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use sed to insert character in the beginning of file path?

I need to manipulate one Database file on Solaris 11 in which contains more than 5000 lines of data file path like this: '/data1/oradata/DBNAME/system01.dbf', '/data7/oradata/DBNAME/undotbs1_01.dbf', '/data1/oradata/DBNAME/sysaux01.dbf', '/data28/oradata/DBNAME/userdata01.dbf', ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies
FSSYNC-DEBUG_VOLOP(8)					       AFS Command Reference					     FSSYNC-DEBUG_VOLOP(8)

NAME
fssync-debug_volop - Display pending volume operation info (FSYNC_VOL_QUERY_VOP opcode) SYNOPSIS
fssync-debug volop -volumeid <volume ID> [-partition <exact partition name>] [-reason <sync protocol reason code>] [-programtype <program type code>] [-help] fssync-debug vo -v <volume ID> [-pa <exact partition name>] [-r <sync protocol reason code>] [-pr <program type code>] fssync-debug vop -v <volume ID> [-pa <exact partition name>] [-r <sync protocol reason code>] [-pr <program type code>] [-h] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fssync-debug volop command displays information about the pending volume operation for a given volume, if any. OPTIONS
-volumeid <volume ID> Specifies the numeric volume ID. Volume names are not permitted. -partition <exact partition name> Specifies the exact partition name (e.g. /vicepa). Abbreviations are not permitted. -reason <sync protocol reason code> Specifies numeric sync protocol reason code. Available codes are listed in OpenAFS source file src/vol/fssync_inline.h. For SYNC_REASON_NONE, use -reason 0. -programtype <program type code> Specifies program type code. Permitted values are fileServer, volumeUtility, salvager, salvageServer, volumeServer and volumeSalvager. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have write access to the file server. Usually, this means that the issuer must be the local superuser "root" on the file server machine. SEE ALSO
fssync-debug_attach(8), fssync-debug_detach(8), fssync-debug_mode(8), fssync-debug_online(8), fssync-debug_offline(8), fssync-debug_error(8) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Sine Nomine Associates This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. This man page was written by Andrew Deason and Davor Ocelic for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FSSYNC-DEBUG_VOLOP(8)