Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED - insert space at the beginning of line and multi replace command Post 302670795 by piynik on Thursday 12th of July 2012 12:30:06 PM
Old 07-12-2012
I tried it but it doesn't work.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space, that is not in html tags <> with new line using sed

Hi, I am working on transforming html code text into the .vert text format. I want to use linux utility sed. I have this regexp which should do the work: s/ \(?!*>\)/\n/g. I use it like this with sed: echo "you <we try> there" | sed 's/ \(?!*>\)/\n/g' ... The demanded output should be: you <we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt1311
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert two strings at the beginning and at the end of each line of a file

Hi, excuse me for my poor english. My problem is that: I have a File i want to add to each line of that file two strings: one at the beginning of the line, one at the ending. string1="abcd" string2="efgh" i want $string1 content $string2 for each line. Is that possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux-fueled
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnu sed replace space with new line

please help in making sed singleline command i need to insert dos new line (CR LF) before " 34 matching device(s) found on \\cpu1." " 6 matching device(s) found on \\cpu7." " 102 matching device(s) found on \\mainserver." the problem is that sometimes there are both CR LF before strings and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xserg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace new line ( \n ) with space or Tab in Sed

Hi, how to replace new line with tab in sed ... i used sed -e 's/\n/\t/g' <filename > but its not working (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : replace space and end-of-line

Hi ! I'm rather new with sed ... learned a lot already by googling etc ... The following script should replace all spaces and ends-of-lines with "something (see below). #!/bin/bash i=0 while read line do fam="H`printf "%06d" $i`" echo $line | sed -e 's//\t'$fam'\n/g' i=$(($i+1))... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jossojjos
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert 1 space using the command sed

Hi I want to use sed to insert one space after the 10'th character in every line. The lines are on this format: 2012-01-1012:30:55|7323456|65432 2011-02-0313:11:06|1223|3456 ...... ...... Does anyone know sed well enough to acomplish this? If there is any other way around this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ic12
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace a line with multi lines from a var

I am trying to find a line in a file ("Replace_Flag") and replace it with a variable which hold a multi lined file. myVar=`cat myfile` sed -e 's/Replace_Flag/'$myVar'/' /pathto/test.file myfile: cat dog boy girl mouse house test.file: football hockey Replace_Flag baseball ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bblondin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert output from a file to beginning of line with sed

Hi I've been trying to search but couldn't quite get the answer I was looking for. I have a a file that's like this Time, 9/1/12 0:00, 1033 0:10, 1044 ... 23:50, 1050 How do I make it so the file will be like this? 9/1/12, 0:00, 1033 9/1/12, 0:10, 1044 ... 9/1/12, 23:50, 1050 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diesel88
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text at the beginning of every even number line

i am trying to insert text at the beginning of every even number line with awk i can do it with odd number lines with this command awk 'NR%2{$0="some text "$0}1' filehow can i edit this command thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use sed to insert character in the beginning of file path?

I need to manipulate one Database file on Solaris 11 in which contains more than 5000 lines of data file path like this: '/data1/oradata/DBNAME/system01.dbf', '/data7/oradata/DBNAME/undotbs1_01.dbf', '/data1/oradata/DBNAME/sysaux01.dbf', '/data28/oradata/DBNAME/userdata01.dbf', ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies
AnyEvent::Impl::EventLib(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     AnyEvent::Impl::EventLib(3pm)

NAME
AnyEvent::Impl::EventLib - AnyEvent adaptor for Event::Lib SYNOPSIS
use AnyEvent; use Event::Lib; # this module gets loaded automatically as required DESCRIPTION
This module provides transparent support for AnyEvent. You don't have to do anything to make Event work with AnyEvent except by loading Event::Lib before creating the first AnyEvent watcher. Note: the AnyEvent author has not found recent releases of Event::Lib to be even remotely working (not even the examples from the manpage or the testsuite work), so this event backend should be avoided (or somebody should step up and maintain it, hint, hint). The Event::Lib module suffers from the same limitations and bugs as libevent, most notably it kills already-installed watchers on a file descriptor and it is unable to support fork. These are not fatal issues, and are worked-around by this module, but the Event::Lib perl module itself has many additional bugs such as taking references to file handles and callbacks instead of making a copy or freeing still- allocated scalars, causing memory corruption and random crashes. Only Tk rivals it in its brokenness. This adaptor module employs the same workaround around the watcher problems as Tk and should therefore be avoided. (This was done for simplicity, one could in theory work around the problems with lower overhead by managing our own watchers). Event::Lib also leaks file handles and memory and tends to just exit on problems. It also doesn't work around the Windows bug of not signalling TCP connection failures. It also doesn't work with many special devices on Linux (/dev/random works, /dev/urandom fails, /dev/tty works, /dev/null fails and so on). Event::Lib does not support idle watchers. They could be emulated using low-priority timers but as the priority range (and availability) is not queryable nor guaranteed, and the default priority is likely the lowest one, this module cannot use them. Avoid Event::Lib if you can. SEE ALSO
AnyEvent, Event::Lib. AUTHOR
Marc Lehmann <schmorp@schmorp.de> http://anyevent.schmorp.de perl v5.14.2 2012-04-08 AnyEvent::Impl::EventLib(3pm)