Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Software For Server Environment Documentation Post 302670773 by smurphy_it on Thursday 12th of July 2012 11:57:06 AM
Old 07-12-2012
Document what ?

Documenting what ? You can build a script which will capture some important data, which is then saved as a html formatted file and scp'd to your web directory.

One could use monitoring software like nagios or solarwinds. Nessus for security assessments etc.

Perhaps you could enlighten everyone here with an idea of what kind of information you are attempting to assimilate ?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unix software & documentation.

I need to install unix sun solaries software on my machine. But i don't have software & documentation to install on my system. Could you please send me the free software and documentation regarding unix sun solaries? Regards, rajesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Give Solaris server documentation

If you have documents of preconfigured Solaris server with all tuned improvements.. This is all about how it is released, as first example. It must contain ready instructions to setup server from scratch in a case of global system crash mb some FS tunings (i.e. log fs, var fs) mb some ready... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

3. Programming

good continuous integration and automatic documentation software for c++

Started using trac and svn and it is working nicely, but am looking for some other things to add: continuous integration, automatic documentation. What suggestions do you guys have for the most full featured easy to use software for this? Stuff I am looking for: continuous integration... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eruditass
1 Replies
nagios(8)							      Nagios								 nagios(8)

NAME
Nagios - network/systems status monitoring daemon SYNOPSIS
nagios [-h] [-v] [-s] [-d] <main_config_file> DESCRIPTION
nagios is a daemon program that monitors the status of various network accessible systems, devices, and more. For more information, please consult the online documentation available at http://www.nagios.org, or on your nagios server's web page. OPTIONS
main_config_file The main configuration file. On openSUSE systems this defaults to /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg -h A helpful usage message -v Reads all data in the configuration files and performs a basic verification/sanity check. Always make sure you verify your config data before (re)starting Nagios. You can also use the Nagios init script to verify your configuration - try: rcnagios check_verbose -s Shows projected/recommended check scheduling information based on the current data in the configuration files. -d Starts Nagios in daemon mode (instead of as a foreground process). FILES
/etc/nagios Default configuration directory for nagios AUTHOR
Nagios is written and maintained by Ethan Galstad <nagios@nagios.org>. This manual page was written by sean finney <seanius@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system (but it may be freely used, modified, and redistributed by others) and adapted by Lars Vogdt for openSUSE. sean finney, Lars Vogdt February 2006, May 2010 nagios(8)