Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Facing issues while running a cronjob ! Post 302670641 by vbe on Thursday 12th of July 2012 09:34:03 AM
Old 07-12-2012
Well the error messgae suggests it is not there...
Did you look inside /var/spool/cron/crontabs directory?

How did you load your job scheduling?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Facing an issue related to cronjob

Dear All, I am facing an issue related to cronjob and explained below is the case study: 1. I have a java class named "DmCheckRenditionQueue.java" and placed under "/cpc/documentum/product/5.2.5/tomcat/webapps/rendition" 2. When I am using the command "/usr/openv/java/jre/bin/java -cp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parindam
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issue in Solaris OS in crontab for running shell script

Hello i have a shell script. it is running fine when i manually run at command prompt using following command ./script_file but while running shell script from crontab, it is giving error in each line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabrar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issues with cronjob : Script using sendmail

Hi All, I am new to unix. I have created a cron job, that sends mail using sendmail utility. Am facing a unique problem while making a cron job for this script. In the script I append a file to my mail using 'cat' command. cat $report >> $mailMsg & this $mailMsg is used as mail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshulporwal
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with tar and gzip !

Hi, I am trying to :- (1.) Tar the file and then (2.) Gzip it ! Tar command :- tar -cvf BLUESTAR_Archive.log_$(date +%y_%m_%d_%H_%M).tar /app/local/XXX/XXX/XXX/logs Gzip command :- Gzip /app/local/XXX/XXX/XXX/logs/BLUESTAR_Archive.log_$(date +%y_%m_%d_%H_%M).tar ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having some issues with cronjob

Hi, i have a cronjob scheduled to run daily at 7AM , the job which i am executing has three other scripts in it to execute. The first scripts gets executed perfectly but the 2nd and 3rd scripts which take 4-5 mins to complete does not executes,is there anything that i am missing. This is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with cronjobs

Hello Everyone, We have a cronjob scheduled to pick up files from one system and transfer to another system. the underlying code is a shell script. These cronjobs were working correctly until sometime. 2 days back they did not pick up the scripts but created empty logs. However when we tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rads
6 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Regarding facing issues while accessing UNIX.com site

Hello Moderators/Admins, This is regarding an issue which I am facing from last 7 to 8 days. Issue is while trying to access this forum(simple hitting http://unix.com) I am able to login but many times my request gets timed out or 404 error or if I am able to login it will be excessive slow even... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with rsync

Hello Gurus, I am running rsync command to copy certain Directories and files into that directories to remote server. While ruuning the command all teh files has been copied but I am facing error. The below command I am executing to copy Directories and files to remote server: rsync -avrz ssh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with shell script changes

My current requirement is to replace xxyxx string with value of date date1 variable holds a date and the current script writes html tags to a file as follows echo date1 nawk 'BEGIN{ FS="," print "<HTML>""<HEAD>""<p>Hi All,<br><br>There are no cases closed on the xxyxx" print ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh A S
2 Replies
cron(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  cron(1M)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
cron starts a process that executes commands at specified dates and times. You can specify regularly scheduled commands to cron according to instructions found in crontab files in the directory /var/spool/cron/crontabs. Users can submit their own crontab file using the crontab(1) command. Commands which are to be executed only once can be submitted using the at(1) command. cron only examines crontab or at command files during its own process initialization phase and when the crontab or at command is run. This reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. As cron never exits, it should be executed only once. This is done routinely by way of the svc:/system/cron:default service. The file /etc/cron.d/FIFO file is used as a lock file to prevent the execution of more than one instance of cron. cron captures the output of the job's stdout and stderr streams, and, if it is not empty, mails the output to the user. If the job does not produce output, no mail is sent to the user. An exception is if the job is an at(1) job and the -m option was specified when the job was submitted. cron and at jobs are not executed if your account is locked. Jobs and processses execute. The shadow(4) file defines which accounts are not locked and will have their jobs and processes executed. Setting cron Jobs Across Timezones The timezone of the cron daemon sets the system-wide timezone for cron entries. This, in turn, is by set by default system-wide using /etc/default/init. If some form of daylight savings or summer/winter time is in effect, then jobs scheduled during the switchover period could be executed once, twice, or not at all. Setting cron Defaults To keep a log of all actions taken by cron, you must specify CRONLOG=YES in the /etc/default/cron file. If you specify CRONLOG=NO, no log- ging is done. Keeping the log is a user configurable option since cron usually creates huge log files. You can specify the PATH for user cron jobs by using PATH= in /etc/default/cron. You can set the PATH for root cron jobs using SUPATH= in /etc/default/cron. Carefully consider the security implications of setting PATH and SUPATH. Example /etc/default/cron file: CRONLOG=YES PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb: This example enables logging and sets the default PATH used by non-root jobs to /usr/bin:/usr/ucb:. Root jobs continue to use /usr/sbin:/usr/bin. The cron log file is periodically rotated by logadm(1M). FILES
/etc/cron.d Main cron directory /etc/cron.d/FIFO Lock file /etc/default/cron cron default settings file /var/cron/log cron history information /var/spool/cron Spool area /etc/cron.d/queuedefs Queue description file for at, batch, and cron /etc/logadm.conf Configuration file for logadm ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), at(1), crontab(1), sh(1), logadm(1M), svcadm(1M), queuedefs(4), shadow(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The cron service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/cron:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. DIAGNOSTICS
A history of all actions taken by cron is stored in /var/cron/log and possibly in /var/cron/olog. SunOS 5.10 5 Aug 2004 cron(1M)