Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create random number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create random number Post 302670625 by complex.invoke on Thursday 12th of July 2012 09:21:44 AM
Old 07-12-2012
Code:
[root@node3 ~]# for i in {0..5}; do echo $((RANDOM%900+100))-$((RANDOM%900+100))-$((RANDOM%900+100)); done
305-222-530
832-784-382
460-325-680
598-111-820
314-888-186
640-554-449

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to generate a random number?

How to generate a random integer with specific range(for example, from 1 to 1000)? Also, how to convert a floating point number into a integer? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacMonster
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a Random passwd

Hello Everyone, I am wondering how to create a Random Password of 8 characters for a user. It has to be run in a script. Also, The user have to be asked to change his/her password the first time they login. I tried using genPass but seems like my system doesn't support that command. For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashirpopal
1 Replies

3. Programming

Random number generation

Hi...How can I generate random numbers between a given range ...preferably between 1 and 100...in UNIX C programming...? I tried out functions like rand(),drand48() etc but didnt get satisfactory results... Thanks a lot in advance.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tej.buch
1 Replies

4. Programming

how to create random no between 10 to 40 in C

can any one tell me how to create integer random no between 10 to 40 in C language.When i m using random() or rand() functions they r creting some long int which is not required (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Random Number Genration

HI please help me in solving this issue. I have a shell script which consists of ten statemnts ( i mean 10 executable statments)...........and if i run that script the 10 statmenst will execute continously ............ But now my probelm is i have to write another script --> to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitka
0 Replies

6. Programming

C Help; generating a random number.

Im new to C, and Im having a hard time getting a random number. In bash, I would do something similar to the following to get a random number; #!/bin/bash seed1=$RANDOM seed2=$RANDOM seed3=$RANDOM SEED=`expr $seed1 * $seed2 / $seed3` echo ${SEED%.*} Now, in online examples... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
4 Replies

7. Programming

Random number is not reused

I need to generate and reuse a 5 digit random number every time my program is executed. But the following generates random numbers every time the function is called. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include <time.h> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random pieces of number

Hello folks, i have number for example 10 and i want to divide into 4 random pieces that may be (6+2+1+1). How can i do this via script i have random number 234951 and i want to divide into 31 pieces. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
6 Replies

9. Programming

random number

How can I choose randomly the row numbers of my file in awk? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create 'n' number random pairwise combination of words

File 1 contains the list of words that needed to be randomly paired: Tiger Cat Fish Frog Dog Mouse Elephant Monkey File 2 contains the pairs that should not be used (in any solution) during random pairing. Elephant-Dog Cat-Fish Monkey-Frog Dog-Elephant, Fish-Cat, Frog-Monkey... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
1 Replies
IMAGICK.GETITERATORINDEX(3)						 1					       IMAGICK.GETITERATORINDEX(3)

Imagick::getIteratorIndex - Gets the index of the current active image

SYNOPSIS
int Imagick::getIteratorIndex (void ) DESCRIPTION
Returns the index of the current active image within the Imagick object. This method is available if Imagick has been compiled against ImageMagick version 6.2.9 or newer. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer containing the index of the image in the stack. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Throws ImagickException on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using Imagick.getIteratorIndex(3): Create images, set and get the iterator index <?php $im = new Imagick(); $im->newImage(100, 100, new ImagickPixel("red")); $im->newImage(100, 100, new ImagickPixel("green")); $im->newImage(100, 100, new ImagickPixel("blue")); $im->setIteratorIndex(1); echo $im->getIteratorIndex(); ?> SEE ALSO
Imagick.setIteratorIndex(3), Imagick.getImageIndex(3), Imagick.setImageIndex(3). PHP Documentation Group IMAGICK.GETITERATORINDEX(3)