Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color) Post 302670619 by fpmurphy on Thursday 12th of July 2012 09:15:36 AM
Old 07-12-2012
I suspect the lack of answers is because it is not something that anybody does (or even things about doing.)

Off the top of my head, you could modify your .profile or .bashrc to detect the run level and send the appropriate escape sequence to your terminal to change the background/foreground colors when you invoke a new terminal.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change background color in VI editor

Hi, I am new to unix. How can i change the background color in vi? Thank you. -tictactoe (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tictactoe
1 Replies

2. Programming

how to change the default background color for x windows

I am using uil to build the widgets. I compiled the below code using gcc 3.4.6 compiler. Launched x window in light gray color. How to change the default color of the window? #include <X11/Xlib.h> #include <Xm/Xm.h> #include <Mrm/MrmAppl.h> void main ( int argc, char **argv ) {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish@123
1 Replies
CURSES_DEFAULT_COLORS(3)				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				  CURSES_DEFAULT_COLORS(3)

NAME
curses_default_colors, assume_default_colors, use_default_colors -- curses default colors setting routines LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses, -lcurses) SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int assume_default_colors(short fore, short back); int use_default_colors(); DESCRIPTION
These functions tell the curses library to set the default colors or to use the terminal's default colors instead of using the default colors for curses applications (which are white foreground on black background). The function assume_default_colors(fore, back) sets the default colors to foreground color fore and background color back. If a value of -1 is used for a color, then the terminal default color is used for that color. The function use_default_colors() sets both the foreground and background colors to the terminal default colors. This is equivalent to assume_default_colors(-1, -1). RETURN VALUES
These functions return OK on success and ERR on failure. SEE ALSO
curses_color(3) STANDARDS
These functions are based on ncurses extensions to the curses standards. HISTORY
These functions first appeared in NetBSD 2.0. BSD
October 13, 2002 BSD