Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting content from a file in specific format Post 302670461 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 12th of July 2012 05:58:18 AM
Old 07-12-2012
I made a small correction in my post right after I posted. Perhaps you tried the first (wrong) version? Could you test with the version that you see right now?
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific text from a file

Dear All, I have to extract a a few lines from a log file and I know the starting String and end string(WHich is same ). Is there any simplere way using sed - awk. e.g. from the following file -------------------------------------- Some text Date: 21 Oct 2008 Text to be extracted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the content of the particular file from tar.Z without extracting?

Hi All, I want to read the content of the particular file from tar.Z without extracting. aaa.tar.Z contains a file called one.txt, I want to read the content of the one.txt without extracting. Please help me to read the content of it. Regards, Kalai. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting specific lines from a file

hi all, i searched in unix.com and accquired the following commands for extracting specific lines from a file .. sed -n '16482,16482p' in.sql > out.sql awk 'NR>=10&&NR<=20' in.sql > out.sql.... these commands are working fine if i give the line numbers as such .. but if i pass a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Content format in a text file

Hi, I need to format the content in a text file as below format. Can some one help me how to approach? Also whether is it possible to convert the output to excel in column wise? Present: ============================================================================= Name: vinodh Status:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning a specific format to a specific column in a text file using awk and printf

Hi, I have the following text file: 8 T1mapping_flip02 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000008-000001.dcm 9 T1mapping_flip05 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000009-000001.dcm 10 T1mapping_flip10 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000010-000001.dcm 11 T1mapping_flip15 ok 128 108 30... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk for extracting data in specific format

please help me writing a awk script 001_r.pdb 0.0265185 001_r.pdb 0.0437049 001_r.pdb 0.0240642 001_r.pdb 0.0310264 001_r.pdb 0.0200482 001_r.pdb 0.0146746 001_r.pdb 0.0351344 001_r.pdb 0.0347856 001_r.pdb 0.036119 001_r.pdb 1.49 002_r.pdb 0.0281011 002_r.pdb 0.0319908 002_r.pdb... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_nebula
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content of a file

Hello, I'm working on a script to extract the contents of a file (in general, plain txt file with numbers, symbols, and letters) and output it into a .txt file. but it is kind of all over the place. It needs to not include duplicates and the content has to be readable. I jumped all over the place... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: l20N1N
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting specific files from a tar file in HP-UX

I have tried: tar -xfv mytarfile.tar archive/tabv/* tar -xfv mytarfile.tar --wildcards 'archive/tabv/*' tar -xf mytarfile.tar -v --wildcards 'archive/tabv/*' tar -xfv mytarfile.tar --wildcards --no-anchored 'archive/tabv/*' tar -xfv mytarfile.tar --wildcards `archive/tabv/*` and none... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapper222
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from xml file

Hello All, Hope you are doing well!!!!! I have a small code in the below format in xml file: <UML:ModelElement.taggedValue> <UML:TaggedValue tag="documentation" value="This sequence&#xA;&#xA;HLD_EA_0001X&#xA;HLD_DOORS_002X"/> <UML:TaggedValue tag="documentation" value="This... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux read specific content file from tar.gz files without extracting

hello i wish to write the result of these below conditions in a file: 1. in a specific folder, i have many tar.gz files. 2. each tar.gz file contains ".dat" file in sub folders. 3. i wish to get the full path of these .dat files, if i find in it a specific word ("ERROR24"). 4. all this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyjames9
6 Replies
post(3FORM)															       post(3FORM)

NAME
post - write or erase forms from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the form. E_NO_ROOM Form is too large for its window. E_POSTED The form has already been posted. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), form(3FORM). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3FORM)