Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 3 column .csv --> correlation matrix; awk, perl? Post 302670031 by R3353 on Wednesday 11th of July 2012 02:00:57 PM
Old 07-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock
...but it helps if you copy and paste correctly...
indeed Smilie

Which version of awk are you using?

Thanks.

Last edited by R3353; 07-11-2012 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

correlation coefficient - Awk

Hi guys I have an input file with multiple columns and and rows. Is it possible to calculate correlation of certain value of certain No (For example x of S1 = 112) with all other values (for example start with x 112 corr a 3 of S1 = x-a 0.2 ) INPUT ******* No S1 S2 S3 S4 Sn a 3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract one column from csv file in perl?

Hi everyone, i am new to perl programming, i have a problem in extracting single column from csv file. the column is the 20th column, please help me.. at present i use this code #!C:/perl/bin use warnings; use strict; my $file1 = $ARGV; open FILE1, "<$file1" or die "Can't... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvth
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

two-column data to matrix in AWK

Howdy, I need to convert an association data matrix, currently in a two-column format, into a matrix with numbers indicating the number of associations. I've been looking around for AWK code in the list, but could not find anything. Here's an example of what I want to perform: original... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sramirez
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? adjacency matrix to adjacency list / correlation matrix to list

Hi everyone I am very new at awk but think that that might be the best strategy for this. I have a matrix very similar to a correlation matrix and in practical terms I need to convert it into a list containing the values from the matrix (one value per line) with the first field of the line (row... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonkey
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Transpose csv row to column.

Hello, am I new to awk, and I am tryint to: INPUT FILE: "73423555","73423556","73423557","73423558","73423559" OUTPUT FILE: 73423555 73423556 73423557 73423558 73423559 My useless code so far: #!/bin/awk -F ',' BEGIN { i=0; } (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk read column csv and search in other csv

hi, someone to know how can i read a specific column of csv file and search the value in other csv columns if exist the value in the second csv copy entire row with all field in a new csv file. i suppose that its possible using awk but i m not expertise thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: giankan
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to grep a particular column in CSV format

Hi I want to grep a column 6 & column 7 from a CSV Format file & then i have to find the difference between these columns as these both columns contains date & time in 7/7/2012 9:20 this format . So kindly help me out ASAP. But please kindly dis xls has to be converted in csv format as may... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek@123
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl- creating a matrix from a 3 column file

Dear all, I'm new in perl scripting and I'm trying to creating a matrix from a 3 column file sorting data in a particular manner. In the final matrix I need to have the first column "IDs" on the header of the columns and the second column values on the header of each row. And the value fo the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose matrix based on second column using awk

Hi, Is it possible to transpose the matrix like this using awk ? Many thanks in advance Input abc Name_1 0 abc Name_2 1 abc Name_3 2 abc Name_4 0.4 def Name_1 0 def Name_2 9 def Name_3 78 def Name_4 1 Output abc def Name_1 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk or Shell script to compare Column-1 of two different CSV files and print if column-1 matche

Example: I have files in below format file 1: zxc,133,joe@example.com cst,222,xyz@example1.com File 2 Contains: hxd hcd jws zxc cst File 1 has 50000 lines and file 2 has around 30000 lines : Expected Output has to be : hxd hcd jws (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestPractice
5 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)