Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED/AWK to edit/add field values in a record Post 302669985 by Scott on Wednesday 11th of July 2012 01:10:04 PM
Old 07-11-2012
In the same way:

Code:
$13="COLX"

(or whatever field number it is, if not 13)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional edit for a field using sed

Hi I want to repalce a field in a txt file on solaris with say 100 records and each record having a total of 10 fields separated by a ~ . based on the following condition the record should be edited or else the record should be written as it is to a if the seventh field is 'XX' and if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acharania2011
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yerruhari
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed to add field in a text file

Hi there, I have a csv file with some columns comma sepated like this : 4502-17,PETER,ITA2,LEGUE,92,ME - HALF,23/05/10 15:00 4502-18,CARL,ITA2,LEGUE,96,ME - HALF,20/01/09 14:00 4502-19,OTTO,ITA2,LEGUE,97,ME - MARY,23/05/10 15:00 As you can see the column n. 7 is a timestamp column, I need... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: capnino
23 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit field using sed or awk

please help me to edit the second field using awk or sed i have input file below aa1001 000001 bb1002 000002 cc1003 000003 so i want the output file like below aa1001 01 bb1002 02 cc1003 03 (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulabc
38 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting record into multiple records by appending values from an input field (AWK)

Hello, For the input file, I am trying to split those records which have multiple values seperated by '|' in the last input field, into multiple records and each record corresponds to the common input fields + one of the value from the last field. I was trying with an example on this forum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtiaz99
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save awk record field in bourne shell variable

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script that maintains the health of the passwd file. The goal is to check for duplicate usernames, UID's etc. I am able to find and sort out the UID and login names via awk (which I would like to use), but I can't figure out how to save the record field into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require original field position after sorting the values in a record

Dear Team, Can any body help me out to get the filed position of the records post sorting using AWK programming. Thanks in advance Example Input: StudentID col-1 col-2 col-3 col-4 1234 14 10 12 13 1235 10 11 12 13 1236 13 12 11 10 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinivasa Reddy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert field values in a record using awk command

Hi Friends, Below is my input file with "|" (pipe) as filed delimiter: My Input File: HDR|F1|F2||||F6|F7 I want to inser values in the record for field 4 and field 5. Expected output HDR|F1|F2||F4|F5|F6|F7 I am able to append the string to the end of the record, but not in between the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies
csx_Parse_CISTPL_FORMAT(9F)				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 			       csx_Parse_CISTPL_FORMAT(9F)

NAME
csx_Parse_CISTPL_FORMAT - parse the Data Recording Format tuple SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/pccard.h> int32_t csx_Parse_CISTPL_FORMAT(client_handle_t ch, tuple_t *tu, cistpl_format_t *pt); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI Specific (Solaris DDI) PARAMETERS
ch Client handle returned from csx_RegisterClient(9F). tu Pointer to a tuple_t structure (see tuple(9S)) returned by a call to csx_GetFirstTuple(9F) or csx_GetNextTuple(9F). pt Pointer to a cistpl_format_t structure which contains the parsed CISTPL_FORMAT tuple information upon return from this function. DESCRIPTION
This function parses the Data Recording Format tuple, CISTPL_FORMAT, into a form usable by PC Card drivers. The CISTPL_FORMAT tuple indicates the data recording format for a device partition. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
The structure members of cistpl_format_t are: uint32_t type; uint32_t edc_length; uint32_t edc_type; uint32_t offset; uint32_t nbytes; uint32_t dev.disk.bksize; uint32_t dev.disk.nblocks; uint32_t dev.disk.edcloc; uint32_t dev.mem.flags; uint32_t dev.mem.reserved; caddr_t dev.mem.address; uint32_t dev.mem.edcloc; The fields are defined as follows: type This field indicates the type of device: TPLFMTTYPE_DISK disk-like device TPLFMTTYPE_MEM memory-like device TPLFMTTYPE_VS vendor-specific device edc_length This field indicates the error detection code length. edc_type This field indicates the error detection code type. offset This field indicates the offset of the first byte of data in this partition. nbytes This field indicates the number of bytes of data in this partition dev.disk.bksize This field indicates the block size, for disk devices. dev.disk.nblocks This field indicates the number of blocks, for disk devices. dev.disk.edcloc This field indicates the location of the error detection code, for disk devices. dev.mem.flags This field provides flags, for memory devices. Valid flags are: TPLFMTFLAGS_ADDR address is valid TPLFMTFLAGS_AUTO automatically map memory region dev.mem.reserved This field is reserved. dev.mem.address This field indicates the physical address, for memory devices. dev.mem.edcloc This field indicates the location of the error detection code, for memory devices. RETURN VALUES
CS_SUCCESS Successful operation. CS_BAD_HANDLE Client handle is invalid. CS_UNKNOWN_TUPLE Parser does not know how to parse tuple. CS_NO_CARD No PC Card in socket. CS_NO_CIS No Card Information Structure (CIS) on PC Card. CS_UNSUPPORTED_FUNCTION No PCMCIA hardware installed. CONTEXT
This function may be called from user or kernel context. SEE ALSO
csx_GetFirstTuple(9F), csx_GetTupleData(9F), csx_RegisterClient(9F), csx_ValidateCIS(9F), tuple(9S) PC Card 95 Standard, PCMCIA/JEIDA SunOS 5.10 24 Jan 1997 csx_Parse_CISTPL_FORMAT(9F)