Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED/AWK to edit/add field values in a record Post 302669985 by Scott on Wednesday 11th of July 2012 01:10:04 PM
Old 07-11-2012
In the same way:

Code:
$13="COLX"

(or whatever field number it is, if not 13)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional edit for a field using sed

Hi I want to repalce a field in a txt file on solaris with say 100 records and each record having a total of 10 fields separated by a ~ . based on the following condition the record should be edited or else the record should be written as it is to a if the seventh field is 'XX' and if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acharania2011
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yerruhari
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed to add field in a text file

Hi there, I have a csv file with some columns comma sepated like this : 4502-17,PETER,ITA2,LEGUE,92,ME - HALF,23/05/10 15:00 4502-18,CARL,ITA2,LEGUE,96,ME - HALF,20/01/09 14:00 4502-19,OTTO,ITA2,LEGUE,97,ME - MARY,23/05/10 15:00 As you can see the column n. 7 is a timestamp column, I need... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: capnino
23 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit field using sed or awk

please help me to edit the second field using awk or sed i have input file below aa1001 000001 bb1002 000002 cc1003 000003 so i want the output file like below aa1001 01 bb1002 02 cc1003 03 (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulabc
38 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting record into multiple records by appending values from an input field (AWK)

Hello, For the input file, I am trying to split those records which have multiple values seperated by '|' in the last input field, into multiple records and each record corresponds to the common input fields + one of the value from the last field. I was trying with an example on this forum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtiaz99
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save awk record field in bourne shell variable

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script that maintains the health of the passwd file. The goal is to check for duplicate usernames, UID's etc. I am able to find and sort out the UID and login names via awk (which I would like to use), but I can't figure out how to save the record field into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require original field position after sorting the values in a record

Dear Team, Can any body help me out to get the filed position of the records post sorting using AWK programming. Thanks in advance Example Input: StudentID col-1 col-2 col-3 col-4 1234 14 10 12 13 1235 10 11 12 13 1236 13 12 11 10 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinivasa Reddy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert field values in a record using awk command

Hi Friends, Below is my input file with "|" (pipe) as filed delimiter: My Input File: HDR|F1|F2||||F6|F7 I want to inser values in the record for field 4 and field 5. Expected output HDR|F1|F2||F4|F5|F6|F7 I am able to append the string to the end of the record, but not in between the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies
NE_STATUS(3)							neon API reference						      NE_STATUS(3)

NAME
ne_status - HTTP status structure SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_utils.h> typedef struct { int major_version, minor_version; int code, klass; const char *reason_phrase; } ne_status; DESCRIPTION
An ne_status type represents an HTTP response status; used in response messages giving a result of request. The major_version and mi- nor_version fields give the HTTP version supported by the server issuing the response. The code field gives the status code of the result (lying between 100 and 999 inclusive), and the klass field gives the class[2], which is equal to the most significant digit of the status. There are five classes of HTTP status code defined by RFC2616: 1xx Informational response. 2xx Success: the operation was successful 3xx Redirection 4xx Client error: the request made was incorrect in some manner. 5xx Server error SEE ALSO
ne_get_status(3). AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@webdav.org>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWneon | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Neon is available on http://opensolaris.org. neon 0.25.5 20 January 2006 NE_STATUS(3)