Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use perl to generate files with correct filenames? Post 302669757 by Yagi Uda on Wednesday 11th of July 2012 09:44:51 AM
Old 07-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartus11
Try:
Code:
perl -n -e '/^ABC_(\w+)/ and open FH, ">ABC_$1"; print FH;' largefile.txt

That solved my problem, Thanks a lot bartus11Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Correct Syntax For Calling Shell Script in Perl Module

Problem: I have a shell script that will be called by a Perl module that will connect to a db and delete rows. The Perl module will be called by CRON. I am using a Perl module to call a shell script because I need to get the db connection from Perl. Here is the Perl pseudocode: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate random number in perl

Could any one tell how can I generate random number from (0, 100..200) in perl? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zx1106
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to list filenames that do not contain given string

Hi, I need to write a perl script that should do a search recursively in all the '*.txt' files for the string "ALL -Tcb" and should print only the file names that do not contain this string. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
21 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Correct IP address in perl/cgi?

Hi, How to get correct IP address of a system? I tried using this but i didn't get exact output. Here is the code: $host = $ENV{'REMOTE_HOST'}; print "<br> host ip address ---> $host <br>"; $addr = $ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'}; print "<br> host address ----- > $addr <br>"; But i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - grep issue in filenames with wildcards

Hi I have 2 directories t1 and t2 with some files in it. I have to see whether the files present in t1 is also there in t2 or not. Currently, both the directories contain the same files as shown below: $ABC.TXT def.txt Now, when I run the below script, it tells def.txt is found,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: windows filenames escape characters

I have a perl find program that will find all files of window application stored on unix disks. Ofcourse these files contain all the weird characters windows allows, but on *nix pukes out all kinds of unwanted effects when processing these. Is their a utility that will escape all these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karelb
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to get the correct sort order in perl.

Hi, I have created the hash. %hash; @arr1 = qw(Dealnum AdminStatus adminReason effFrom effTo); @arr2 = qw(121212121 YES 1992-06-19T05:14:27 ); @hash{@arr1}=@arr2; foreach(sort keys %hash){ print "$_ ---- $hash{$_}\n"; } The output i got like this: C:\strawberry\perl\bin>perl... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the correct hash value in perl?

Hi, I have 2 dummy strings below. I am creating a hash. @str = qw(karnataka,tamilnadu,bihar,mumbai); @str1 = qw(bangalore,chennai,patna,panaji); %hash; for($i=0;$i<=$#str;$i++) { push @{ $hash{ $str } }, $str1; } foreach $key (keys %hash) { print "\n KEY: $key --- @{$hash{$key}}... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate filenames in a loop

Hi all, I want to generate output files in a loop, run the same command on the same input file 1000 times and output in files with a new name each time, maybe a number appended to it. The output will be different each time as I`m sampling randomly from the input file. I want to do the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)