Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to compare datetime?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to compare datetime? Post 302669555 by ajayakunuri on Wednesday 11th of July 2012 05:25:11 AM
Old 07-11-2012
Our batch starts at 5PM and runs till next day ~1pm.
We manually give the batch process date which is $1.(We should be able to check the batch status for previous days as well and so passing it as argument).
I manually created the config file with fields like Apllication name, starting job, ending job, Avg start time.

Log file contains nothing but just the start time and end time.
Code:
head -5 ca7en2.out
.CASH_I_0077 ENF message queue = < 6>, key =< 3239>   06/18/2012 06.45.42
.CASH_I_0799 JOBTERM record being written for job 'PDWXX60'   06/18/2012 06.45.42
.CASH_I_0798 JOBINIT record being written for job 'PDWXXO3'   06/18/2012 07.00.05
.CASH_I_0798 JOBINIT record being written for job 'PDWXX07'   06/18/2012 07.10.15
.CASH_I_0798 JOBINIT record being written for job 'PDWXX010'   06/18/2012 07.10.21

JOBINIT is the start time and jobterm is the endtime.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetime.pm

Hi, I'm trying to use datetime.pm function in Perl. I do not have in the library. Is there a way to get it and put it into library? Thanks, George. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk new datetime everyline

Hi, I'm using awk in HP-UX machine which does not support systime(), strftime(). So to get the date time I was using : seq 1 100000 | awk ' "date +%Y%m%d%H%M%s" | getline curtime; print curtime }' However the above code gets the date only once, next time it is not updated. For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Random_Net
2 Replies

3. Programming

SQL datetime calculation

Suppose I have a mysql table consisting of measurements taken during irregular intervals as follows: CREATE TABLE data (datetime DATETIME, value INTEGER); mysql> SELECT datetime, value FROM data; +---------------------+---------+ | datetime | value |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetime difference in seconds

Hi, I'm trying to find processing time of my script. Please can someone give me the commands to get the start/end time in "dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm:ss" and the differnce in seconds. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate datetime string?

Hi. I'm hoping there is a simple method where I'm able to generate a datetime string that looks like this (yyyymmddhhmm): 201106280830 The tricky part would be that I need this string to be today's datetime minus 1 year. Is there anyway to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding 48 hours to DateTime

Hey Guys, I have looked for a solution throughout the forum for my particular question, but I cant find one. So I'm sorry if I overlooked it. I need to be able to 48 add hours to a particular DateTime string. I have a variable named $startTime I would like to be able to take that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chagan02
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files between two datetime..

Hi All, How do i find all the files between two times. Eg: 26 may 2014 06:00 to 26 may 2014 14:00 mmin and mtime gives for a specific period. we receive hundreds of files input directories and i need to find how many files are received between given specific datetime. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS compare datetime

Hi i need to compare the datetime between 2 columns. SunOS 5.1 is used. Notice that mktime seems like not supported. cat file2 P1,2012 12 4 21 36 48,2012 12 4 22 26 53 P2,2012 12 4 20 36 48,2012 12 4 21 21 23 P3,2012 12 4 18 36 48,2012 12 4 20 12 35 Below is the command used.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chailee
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename with datetime

Hello All, I need unix command to generate a file with datetime in it. For example : ABC_YYYYMMDDHH24MISS.txt Regards Biswajeet Ghosh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bghosh
1 Replies
gphoto2-config(1)						   User Commands						 gphoto2-config(1)

NAME
gphoto2-config - return meta information about installed version of libgphoto2(3). SYNOPSIS
gphoto2-config [--prefix=DIR] [--libs] [--cflags] [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
gphoto2-config is a convenience script which retrieves information about the installed version of libgphoto2(3) on your system. gphoto2-config is typically used to compile and link against libgphoto2(3). The following example shows how to use gphoto2-config in a Makefile: program: program.c cc program.c `gphoto2-config --cflags --libs` The output is similar to that produced by pkg-config(1). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --cflags Prints pre-processor and compile flags required to compile with libgphoto2(3) on the command line. --help Displays help and usage information. --libs Identical to --cflags option but only prints the link flags. --prefix=DIR Specify a different prefix from the default libgphoto2(3). (default is/usr). --version Displays version of libgphoto2(3) installed on your system. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gphoto2-config Executable for installed library helper script ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-camera-devel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), pkg-config(1), libgphoto2(3) NOTES
Written by Matt Keenan Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 01 Aug 2008 gphoto2-config(1)