Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unplug power from Sparc Server T5440 when in OpenBoot Post 302669125 by paulk93 on Tuesday 10th of July 2012 12:38:13 PM
Old 07-10-2012
Unplug power from Sparc Server T5440 when in OpenBoot

show /HOST command shows that

status = OpenBoot Running

when in this state, can the power be unplugged from the server ?

we are unable to bring the status to "powered off". Even if we issue "stop /SYS" it will momentarily be in the powered off status and then go back to power on status automatically.

Any help would be much appreciated.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

equavalent of __asm("int3"); on power and Sparc

can anybody please tell that how can I use this software interrupt on POWER and SPARC i.e. AIX and Sun Solaris __asm("int3"); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeet_xp
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

[RHEL4.5] server shutdown when I unplug the ethernet cable

hi.. I unplug my eth0 lan cable.. and suddenly my system shutdown... no idea :eek::confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flekzout
3 Replies

3. Solaris

T2000 Server cannot power on

Hi All, I recently had issues with my new T2000 server. I purchased a new mainboard and swapped the CPU and DIMMs to the new board. Now when i power on the server im unable to do so. I get the following error: ‘SC Alert: Host system poweron failed due to fault at MB/FF_POK.' When i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Caully
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Adding new hard drives on Sun SPARC T5440 server with Solaris 10

I need to add two new hard drives of 300 GB capacity to a SunSPARC T5440 server. The server currently has two hard drives of 146 GB each. How do I add the new drives to the existing UFS? What are the procedures involved in setting this server with the new hard drives? I am very new to Solaris... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramatnmcc
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to power on remote server ?

i have doubt about how to power on server from remote location with out contacting with data center people? please anybody replay with whole info. thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskerreddy.ch
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Application running too slow on Sun SPARC T5440 but run normal on sun M3000

Hi all, I have application running on sun server T5440 4x8x1.4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, application running very slow though load average too low. when I install my application on another server SUN M3000 (One CPU 1x8x2.5GHz, 8GB RAM), application run smoothly. Here is my server T5440 info: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
6 Replies

7. Solaris

SPARC Enterprise T5440 Server, can not power off

SPARC Enterprise T5440 Server, can not power off I connect to Service Processor via serial port and submit the following to boot the system, it boots fine but can not power off the system. Can someone help? The following takes me to unix login -> start /SYS -> start /SP/console... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulk93
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Test program running taking much more time on high end server T5440 than low end server T5220

Hi all, I have written the following program and run on both T5440 and T5220 on same OS version. I found that T5540 server takes more time than T5220. Please find below the details. test1.cpp #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> using namespace std; #define NUM_OF_THREADS 20... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_singh85
17 Replies
CLONE(8)							    NUT Manual								  CLONE(8)

NAME
clone - UPS driver clone NOTE
This man page only documents the specific features of the clone driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). DESCRIPTION
This driver, which sits on top of another driver socket, allows users to group clients to a particular outlet of a device and deal with this output as if it was a normal UPS. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver supports the following settings: load.off=command Recommended. Set the command on the "real" UPS driver that will be used to switch off the outlet. You need both load.off and load.on in order to power cycle the outlet. Otherwise, shutting down the clients powered by an outlet is a one way street (see IMPORTANT). load.on=command Recommended. Set the command on the "real" UPS driver that will be used to switch on the outlet. You need both load.off and load.on in order to power cycle the outlet. Otherwise, shutting down the clients powered by an outlet is a one way street (see IMPORTANT). load.status=value Recommended. Set the variable on the "real" UPS driver that will be used to indicate the outlet status (i.e. on/off). If not specified, the clone driver will attempt to keep track of the outlet status, but this is less reliable. offdelay=num Set the timer (in seconds) before the outlet is turned off after the shutdown condition (OB LB) for this outlet is met or a command to shutdown was issued. Defaults to 120 seconds. ondelay=num Set the timer (in seconds) for the outlet to switch on in case the power returns after the oulet has been switched off. Defaults to 30 seconds. mincharge=value Set the remaining battery level when the clone UPS switches to LB (percent). minruntime=value Set the remaining battery runtime when the clone UPS switches to LB (seconds). IMPLEMENTATION
The port specification in the ups.conf(5) reference the driver socket that the "real" UPS driver is using. For example: [realups] driver = usbhid-ups port = auto [clone-outlet-1] driver = clone port = usbhid-ups-realups load.on = outlet.1.load.on load.off = outlet.1.load.off load.status = outlet.1.status [...] IMPORTANT
Unlike a real UPS, you should not configure a upsmon master for this driver. When a upsmon master sees the OB LB flags and tells the upsd server it is OK to initiate the shutdown sequence, the server will latch the FSD status and it will not be possible to restart the systems connected without restarting the upsd server. This will be a problem if the power returns after the clone UPS initiated the shutdown sequence on it's outlet, but returns before the real UPS begins shutting down. The solution is in the clone driver, that will insert the FSD flag if needed without the help of a upsmon master. CAVEATS
The clone UPS will follow the status on the real UPS driver. You can only make the clone UPS shutdown earlier than the real UPS driver, not later. If the real UPS driver initiates a shutdown, the clone UPS driver will immediately follow. Be aware that the commands to shutdown/restart an outlet on the real UPS drivers are not affected, so if you tell the real UPS driver to shutdown the outlet of the clone UPS driver, your clients will lose power without warning. AUTHOR
Arjen de Korte <adkorte-guest@alioth.debian.org> SEE ALSO
upscmd(1), upsrw(1), ups.conf(5), nutupsdrv(8) Internet Resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 CLONE(8)