Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to monitor different processes on different Unix servers Post 302668571 by baders on Monday 9th of July 2012 12:08:01 PM
Old 07-09-2012
script to monitor different processes on different Unix servers

GM,

Can you pls help how to write a script to monitor different processes on different unix servers and send the output to a /tmp/report file, earlier my boss asked me to write a script to monitor just one process running on different servers and send the output to a file so I wrote this
exec < server.list
while read SERVER; do
ssh $SERVER "ps -ef | grep process_name" >> /tmp/report
done
and now he wants to monitor different processes on different servers using ssh and send the output to /tmp/report, scripting is new to me so I am stuck, I appreciate your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to monitor 2 processes

I have two processes that I need to keep running. The first process is a server, the second is basically a canvas for creating images which get saved to a directory. So I plan on using launchd (Mac OS 10.5) on a server to check every minute or so to make sure two things are true: 1) Both apps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solerous
3 Replies

2. AIX

how to monitor deamon processes

we have several deamon processes which were killed for some unknown reasons. we have to bring the deamon back manually everytime. Deamons running on 2 identical instances. It is ok on one instance but be killed 3 or 4 times a day on another. Any idea how to monitor it? like who/how the processes be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamiltonhall
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor sun servers temperature

Dears, need help on developing a script to monitor sun server temperature , I'm using the below command to check the servers one by one /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v Servers Models are : 2 x Sun SPARC Enterprise M9000 Server 4 x Sun Fire V490 2 x Sun Blade T6300 Server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bejo4ever
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Using SNMP to monitor remote processes and disk space

snmpget -v 1 -c COMMUNITYSTR hostname OID what OIDs would I use to get information on all the processes and disk space information that are on a particular host. where can i find out information on all of this? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory Usage Monitor on Linux/SunOS Servers

ok, so i'm trying to write a shell script (not perl) that monitors memory usage on a server. but i'm confused as to what fields exactly determines that yes, memory is low on a particular server. it sounds simple enough, but it really isn't. what do I look for in the field below? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

How to monitor firefox processes?

Hi Team, I have over 100 users,working on LINUX machine & all they use firefox. I want to monitor traffic from every IP and mainly CPU USAGE TAKEN BY FIREFOX PROCESSES ON EACH MACHINE. Is there any tool which runs on lunux and will help me to monitor firefox processes of our entire LAN? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
2 Replies

7. AIX

Monitor Physical CPU usage on multiple servers

Hello, Looking for some help. I am trying to gather data at each server showing when the physical CPU is being used the most based on a weekly timeframe. I know this data can be seen through NMON but with multiple servers in our environment it could take a real long time. is there a easier... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Critical Sevices and Process to be monitor on UNIX servers

Need to note the list of critical / important services and process need to monitor on unix server always with one line explanation for severity. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marunmeera
5 Replies

9. Linux

Linux Total Processes - Why monitor it?

Hi Guys, Monitoring 'Total Processes' on Linux servers has been always something you 'should' do. My question is - why? Is it relevant anymore? If you monitor memory and cpu params, you have a pretty good idea about what's going on. Is the number of processes really matter? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DjDeaf
1 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
load_dat_font(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    load_dat_font(3alleg4)

NAME
load_dat_font - Loads a FONT from an Allegro datafile. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *load_dat_font(const char *filename, RGB *pal, void *param) DESCRIPTION
Loads a FONT from an Allegro datafile. You can set param parameter to point to an array that holds two strings that identify the font and the palette in the datafile by name. The first string in this list is the name of the font. You can pass NULL here to just load the first font found in the datafile. The second string can be used to specify the name of the palette associated with the font. This is only returned if the pal parameter is not NULL. If you pass NULL for the name of the palette, the last palette found before the font was found is returned. You can also pass NULL for param, which is treated as if you had passed NULL for both strings separately. In this case, the function will simply load the first font it finds from the datafile and the palette that precedes it. For example, suppose you have a datafile named `fonts.dat' with the following contents: FONT FONT_1_DATA FONT FONT_2_DATA FONT FONT_3_DATA PAL FONT_1_PALETTE PAL FONT_2_PALETTE Then the following code will load FONT_1_DATA as a FONT and return FONT_1_PALETTE as the palette: FONT *f; PALETTE pal; char *names[] = { "FONT_1_DATA", "FONT_1_PALETTE" } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", pal, names); If instead you want to load the second font, FONT_2, from the datafile, you would use: FONT *f; PALETTE pal; char *names[] = { "FONT_2_DATA", "FONT_2_PALETTE" } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", pal, names); If you want to load the third font, but not bother with a palette, use: FONT *f; char *names[] = { "FONT_3_DATA", NULL } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", NULL, names); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
register_font_file_type(3alleg4), load_font(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_dat_font(3alleg4)