Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting while writing the script getting an error Post 302668497 by ripudaman.singh on Monday 9th of July 2012 10:34:52 AM
Old 07-09-2012
thanks a lot its done

---------- Post updated at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:31 AM ----------

one small help required we are looking ORACLE9i software and which is compatible with HP unix itanium.
can we get it from internet any where for free..... Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help for writing a script

Hi, I need help writing a unix script to change the time in the server automatically when it reaches a specified time. Only on the 14th of april, when the time becomes midnight (00:00:00), I need the server to change the time automatically to 23:30:00 and start working on as usual with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amodha
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing to Standard Error

Hi. I'm working on a project for a class, and there's one part of the project that is confusing me. It's a compression and decompression project, and after we write our code for compression, we need to write to standard error. (1) Size of original file (number of characters read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sjung10
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing the script

I whant write the script of monitoring my servers on night-active users. He must loging all user actions, when user login, when logout, when he do su etc. But i don't know with what to begin :( How command i can use? awk, sed, last And what logs i can use too? /var/log/messages, /var/log/secure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing to standard error

Hi, I want to redirect the standard output to standard error whenever an error occurs for ex if then echo right else echo wrong fi I want to redirect the wrong to stderror .Adding a line 1>&2 will do that or is additional code to be added.How can i verify whether the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in file writing in crontab

Hi , I have a crontab job that is trying to write a file and the read it . But the crontab is not able to create any file . But when i run the script as shell then it runs fine . could you tell me what i am missing here . Here is the script cat Tablespace_Monitor_ATG #!/bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in writing a script

Hey everyone Can anyone please write me a script to display numbers in descending order dynamically i.e if the user enter a number say 100 then the output should be like 100 99 ....so on till 0 I tried using the logic as for ((i =1; i<=100; i--) but the it goes into a infinite loop since even the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: icchi
7 Replies

7. HP-UX

DVD writing I/O Error on HP-UX

Hello, when I executed this command: root@server:/opt/ignite/lbinia> growisofs -Z /dev/rdsk/c1t2d0=/PA.iso I get the following output and error: Executing 'builtin_dd if=/PA.iso of=/dev/rscsi/c1t2l0 obs=32k seek=0' :-: I/O error Anyone have any idea what is happeneing? Here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

writing a script

Dear Madam/Sir Who can help me with writing a script doing the following? 1- Read names of files (only files with special name format let say initially they have the same file name start like TT*) 2- Then create an empty files with the same names have been read in step one but with extension... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m.nageeb
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Please help me writing this script

I work on a production server. I have to check one folder named "spool" and delete files under it , which are more than 5 minutes old. I do it manually by writing two commands. touch -t YYMMDDHHMMSS /tmp/timeinfo find /spool ! -newer /tmp/timeinfo -exec rm -rf {} \; I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
4 Replies

10. Programming

Getting compilation error while writing standalone for ddi_get8

Hi All, I have already posted a thread regarding ddi_regs_map_setup solaris system call guidance. https://www.unix.com/programming/171907-need-guidance-using-ddi_regs_map_setup-solaris-system-call.html I am writing a standalone to use this system call. Below is my partial standalone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayrajen
6 Replies
MAKE-JPKG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MAKE-JPKG(1)

NAME
make-jpkg - builds Debian packages from Java binary distributions SYNOPSIS
make-jpkg [OPTION]... [FILE] DESCRIPTION
make-jpkg builds a Debian package from the given Java distribution FILE. Supported java binary distributions currently include: * Oracle (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads) : - The J2SE Development Kit (JDK), version 6 (update >= 10), 7 - The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE), version 6 (update >= 10), 7 - The J2SE API Javadoc, version 6 (update >= 10), 7 (Choose tar.gz archives or self-extracting archives, do _not_ choose the RPM!) The following options are recognized: --full-name NAME full name used in the maintainer field of the package --email EMAIL email address used in the maintainer field of the package --changes create a .changes file --revision add debian revision --help display help text and exit --version output version information and exit Download a supported Java RE or SDK or API tar.gz or self-extracting archive from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads and execute make-jpkg file with the downloaded file. The program asks the user for additional information and builds a Debian binary pack- age in the current directory. The program requires about 200 MB free disk space in a temporary directory. The temporary directory defaults to /tmp but you can specify an alternate directory by setting the environment variable TMPDIR. EXAMPLE
To install Oracle(TM) 7 Standard Edition JDK, download a release - 64 bits version of update 2 from http://www.oracle.com/technet- work/java/javase/downloads/jdk-7u2-download-1377129.html in this example - and invoke make-jpkg: make-jpkg <path_to_download_directory>/jdk-7u2-linux-x64.tar.gz This generate a Debian package in the current directory, that can be installed using dpkg: dpkg -i oracle-j2sdk1.7_1.7.0+update2_amd64.deb When you're done, you can delete initial download as well as generated package: rm <path_to_download_directory>/jdk-7u2-linux-x64.tar.gz oracle-j2sdk1.7_1.7.0+update2_amd64.deb ENVIRONMENT
TMPDIR base directory used for temporary files (defaults to /tmp) J2SE_PACKAGE_FULL_NAME full name used in the maintainer field of the package; if none is supplied then the default of "Debian Java Maintainers" is used. J2SE_PACKAGE_EMAIL email address used in the maintainer field of the package; if none is supplied the default of "pkg-java-maintain- ers@lists.alioth.debian.org" is used. SEE ALSO
update-java-alternatives(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Hubert Schmid <j2se-package@z42.de>. It is now maintained by the Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>. January 22, 2012 MAKE-JPKG(1)