Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change the file permission
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change the file permission Post 302668219 by itkamaraj on Monday 9th of July 2012 03:05:26 AM
Old 07-09-2012
Code:

#!/bin/sh

for i in /root/script/*.txt
do
echo "0" > $i && chmod 766 $i
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timestamp of File permission change

Hi!! Experts, Is there any way to find the timestamp when the permission of a file was modified?? I mean no change to file contents.. Just the chnage of permissions. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change permission chmod

Hi, when I launch my perl script, I write on the shell: perl x.pl How I can can change the permission to write only: x to launch the program? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the default permission of a file

I am creating a file using the UTL_FILE command of oracle. This creates a file with the oracle user id. The file does not have permission for being read by any other user id. Is there a way that I can change this default permission. I tried using umask in the .login. Setting the umask to 022 works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachsamir
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission change query

I need to change permission for a directory from drwxrwxrwx to drwxr--s--T What chmod command will work? What will be the number code to represent the required permission? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
4 Replies

5. AIX

Change file permission by anothere user !

Guy's we are in AIX 5.3 We have created two users user1 and user2 and they are under same group Staff Group user1 will create file under /tmp/ and this is the permission of this file -rw-r--r-- 1 user1 staff 1 Jun 13 09:47 file user2 is under same group and when he... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change unix permission when I don't own the file

Hi, A file is transferred from a Windows server(say username : user1) to Unix server via ftp. In unix, the permission of the file for a user, say user2 will be "-rw-r-----". Since the user1 is the owner of the file, user2 is not able to change the file permission using chmod. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: merin
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change permission to a directory

Hi, How do i change the permission to read/write to a windows directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lg123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change permission on a file recursively

Hi, this is the structure of the directory /local/home/app/cases under cases directory, below are the sub directories and each directory has files. /local/home/app/cases/1 /local/home/app/cases/2 /local/home/app/cases/3 /local/home/app/cases/4 File types are .txt .sh and so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file permission of mounted drive Linux

I got a problem with the permission of mounted 2TB drive in my Linux/Mint system. All the files in any folder are with 777, which is not what I want. my fstab line for this disk is: UUID=90803E0C803DF974 /media/grape/Workspace1_ntfs ntfs auto,users,permissions 0 0 and blkid gave me: $> blkid ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to create file permission change restriction

Hello, I am looking for a UNIX shell script which can help me for access restriction. 1) /home/ram, there are number file with .txt extension, which should be only owned "ram" user. like as below ls -lrt *.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 11 Jan 4 2015 PASS1.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 10 Jan 4... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.trilok
8 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)