Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.) Post 302668159 by PikK45 on Monday 9th of July 2012 12:46:11 AM
Old 07-09-2012
@dll_fgpa

did you use
Code:
 USER "mahesva"
PASS "mahesva123"

or
Code:
quote USER "mahesva"
quote PASS "mahesva123"

I think the second case will work as expected!
This User Gave Thanks to PikK45 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Transfering file from unix server to a windows pc

Is there a way to transfer files from unix server to windows directory,other than ftp? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Preet
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Access to FTP server not working

I am trying to setup an FTP server in a Fedora Core 3 machine through the command line interface and not KDE. I think I am successful in getting the ftp service running, as when I do an ftp 127.0.0.1, I am able to log in using any one the user accounts I have created on this machine and browse... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooljumbo2k8
8 Replies

3. Solaris

vsftp is not working only when i ftp from windows server

Hello Gurus, Naif is implemented for only for port 21 for few windows servers. I have made my linux 5.1 as my FTP server. After installing vsftpd i could ftp from other linux server. linux to linux (ftp server) But same when i ftp from other windows server which only port 21 is enabled.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
0 Replies

4. Linux

vsftp is not working only when i ftp from windows server

Hello Gurus, Naif is implemented for only for port 21 for few windows servers. I have made my linux 5.1 as my FTP server. After installing vsftpd i could ftp from other linux server. linux to linux (ftp server) But same when i ftp from other windows server which only port 21 is enabled.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to ftp the files from windows to unix server

Hi, I need to ftp some input files from windows to unix server.All the files will be saved in the C drive in my machine. Currently all these files are transferring manually to the unix server.I need to write a shell script which ftp the files from windows to unix box.When I searched in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for ftp a file from unix to windows server

I have a problem with ftp. i want to ftp a file "file.txt" from unix box to windows server. The destination folder is something like this: "\\windowsservername\apps\is\" FTPUSER=ftp1 FTPPASS=**** ftp -v -d -n > ftplog <<!EOF open windowsservername user $FTPUSER $FTPASS cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies
DROP 
USER(7) SQL Commands DROP USER(7) NAME
DROP USER - remove a database user account SYNOPSIS
DROP USER name DESCRIPTION
DROP USER removes the specified user from the database. It does not remove tables, views, or other objects owned by the user. If the user owns any database, an error is raised. PARAMETERS name The name of an existing user. DIAGNOSTICS
DROP USER The message returned if the user is successfully deleted. ERROR: DROP USER: user "name" does not exist This message occurs if the user name is not found. DROP USER: user "name" owns database "name", cannot be removed You must drop the database first or change its ownership. NOTES
Use CREATE USER [create_user(7)] to add new users, and ALTER USER [alter_user(7)] to change a user's attributes. PostgreSQL includes a program dropuser [dropuser(1)] that has the same functionality as this command (in fact, it calls this command) but can be run from the command shell. EXAMPLES
To drop a user account: DROP USER jonathan; COMPATIBILITY
The DROP USER statement is a PostgreSQL extension. The SQL standard leaves the definition of users to the implementation. SEE ALSO
CREATE USER [create_user(7)], ALTER USER [alter_user(l)], dropuser(1) SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 DROP USER(7)