Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting capturing selective data from a vcd file Post 302668123 by alister on Sunday 8th of July 2012 06:20:53 PM
Old 07-08-2012
Should you have more complicated tasks to handle, perhaps this will be of use to you: Verilog::VCD - search.cpan.org

Regards,
Alister
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing some data from a file into a variable

I have a file with some values in a tab delimted format Eg: 'test' contains: a<tab>b<tab>c<tab>Trk_12345678 now i need to capture this value 'Trk_12345678' into a variable say 'x' and append that value of 12345678 to 12345679 and store is back to a new 'test1' file as : 'test1'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiroh_1982
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Unix Traceroute data

Hi guys, I need a way to capture the host on the next-to-last hop in a traceroute output. The last output is the destination but I need to capture the router just before the last hop. I can do this in perl but I'm not so sure about Shell... I'm on AIX 5.3 using ksh any ideas? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TivoliGUY
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Particular Data

Hi everyone! Can any one help me out regarding capturing relevant data from a file. For e.g, if i want to capture the comment written after "Prompt:" for a particular date, like for this case what would be the command to capture the tag written after "Prompt:" for Date: 2009-03-20. A... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muhmsida
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed selective data parsing

i have file in the following format *RECORD* *FIELD NO* 123456 *FIELD TX* this is a sample entry *FIELD SA* See Also *FIELD RF* References *FIELD CS* Clinical Symptoms *FIELD AV* Allelic Variants *FIELD EH* Edit History *RECORD* *FIELD NO* 123456 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dunstonrocks
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective extraction of data from a files

Hi, I would like to seek for methods to do selective extraction of line froma file. The scenario as follows: I have a file with content: message a received on 11:10:00 file size: 10 bytes send by abc message b received on 11:20:00 file size: 10 bytes send by abc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing data between patterns

Hii, Friends, I want your help in one of my problem. My problem is as follows. I have a flat file as follows (Just a sample) MHT011 01(DOT)8750707asdfas8609 03(DOT)ASD3453ASD 09(DOT)876JHT87 11(DOT)sfd324ert TTT077 01(MOB)876786klj897 06(MOB)876JHT87 07(MOB)sfd324ert... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

How to capturing packet data so i can see the Version, IHL, TOS, etc?

Helo Folks :) i had read an answer in this thread unixcom/programming/117551-calculate-ip-header-checksum-manually.html i need to know what the software name that was used to capturing packet data in a network, just like the packet's capture output that showed up in the thread. Thank you :)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polutan
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

capturing data of nethogs

I have installed nethogs to see which process is sending load on the network. i would like to know how can i capture its data in a log file. Or is there is a unix command like script or tee which can help me to capture the data using cronjob (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshus1
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : not capturing all the data from excel sheet

Hi folks, I am working on assignment that captures all the records(2 columns one column contains names and other contain date of birth) from excel sheet stored in a directory and checks for current date and month. If it matches current date and month then the matched records are printed as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to output selective delimited data to a new file?

I have the following file which at times can be quite large so can be difficult to read, I need a script that just extracts particular delimited data and outputs to alternate file $cat fix1.log FIX4.4|0=12|55=LIT.L|48=123456|32=5|52=20111107-10:52:22.128|38=100|10=200| ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddyluv
6 Replies
Netlist::Port(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Netlist::Port(3pm)

NAME
Verilog::Netlist::Port - Port for a Verilog Module SYNOPSIS
use Verilog::Netlist; ... my $port = $module->find_port ('pinname'); print $port->name; DESCRIPTION
A Verilog::Netlist::Port object is created by Verilog::Netlist::Module for every port connection in the module. ACCESSORS
See also Verilog::Netlist::Subclass for additional accessors and methods. $self->array Any array declaration for the port. This only applies to Verilog 1995 style ports which can declare port bits independently from the signal declarations. When using Verilog 2001 style ports, see the matching net declaration's lsb and msb methods instead, for example "$module-"find_net($port->name)->msb>. $self->comment Returns any comments following the definition. keep_comments=>1 must be passed to Verilog::Netlist::new for comments to be retained. $self->data_type The SystemVerilog data type of the port. $self->direction The direction of the port: "in", "out", or "inout". $self->module Reference to the Verilog::Netlist::Module the port is in. $self->name The name of the port. $self->net Reference to the Verilog::Netlist::Net the port connects to. Only valid after the netlist is linked. $self->type Approximately an alias of data_type for backward compatibility. Do not use for new applications. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
See also Verilog::Netlist::Subclass for additional accessors and methods. $self->dump Prints debugging information for this port. DISTRIBUTION
Verilog-Perl is part of the <http://www.veripool.org/> free Verilog EDA software tool suite. The latest version is available from CPAN and from http://www.veripool.org/verilog-perl <http://www.veripool.org/verilog-perl>. Copyright 2000-2012 by Wilson Snyder. This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either the GNU Lesser General Public License Version 3 or the Perl Artistic License Version 2.0. AUTHORS
Wilson Snyder <wsnyder@wsnyder.org> SEE ALSO
Verilog-Perl, Verilog::Netlist::Subclass Verilog::Netlist perl v5.14.2 2012-05-04 Netlist::Port(3pm)