Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems executing script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Problems executing script Post 302667899 by CJ007 on Sunday 8th of July 2012 02:12:39 AM
Old 07-08-2012
Reply to uir query

Hi ,

I think the problem is that ,you haven't specified where should the menu get the data from i;e inputs ,you should provide all the details like where the input comes from and where u want to display data....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems executing SQL Plus sessions

If I execute this script: $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s <<EOF > oracle.log $DB_id/$DB_pswd@$DB_server start test.sql EOF the sql script executes with no errors. IF I execute the following script:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing a shell script from windows;script present in unix

I need to execute a shell script kept in unix machine from windows. User id, password area available. For eg. There's a shell script wich moves all the logs kept in my home directory to a directory named LOGS. Now i need to get this done through windows; either using a batch file, or java... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
4 Replies

3. Debian

Problems with Crontab not executing scripts after edit

Hi all I installed Debian and i have a few scripts that outputs what is happening. The wierd part...after fresh install all works ok but after i open or edit Crontab it stops executing the scripts...and scripts runs manually so its not a problem with scripts...what happens is that i usually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ro0t3d
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables of executed script available in executing script

Hi, I have a script get_DB_var.ksh which do a data base call and get some variables as below: sqlplus -silent $user/$pass@dbname <<END select col1, col2, col3 from table_name where col4=$1; exit; END Now I want to access all these variables i.e.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with remotely executing scripts

Hi, in the below command, i export a value to a variable which later is used by the script, however i dont see the exported value is actually been exported. ssh user@host "export var=/path/ ; cd /path/ ; ./script" how can i use the above command with proper value of var remotley (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj.sheikh
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script not executing

Hello, I wasn't sure where to post this so I posted it here. I've used UNIX quite a bit, LINUX not so much. For some reason, my LINUX script will not execute if I type in the script name and press enter. I'm in the directory where the script is. test.sh However, when I use ". ./" it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsanders
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script dosent exits after executing the script

Hi i wrote a script which dosent exists after executing any help #!/bin/bash netstat -ptlen | grep 10000 if ; then echo "Hive Thrift server is running" exit 0 else echo "Hive Thrift server is down Trying to Bring up the service" | mail -s "ALERT" team@domain.com `nohup hive... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely Executing Shell Script - Problems

Hey Lads, I have a shell script on a remote Server X that i need to execute from Server A. the script executes fine locally but remotely does not. It appears the script on the remote machine is calling another shell script which only has an array defined . Please see below the errors. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Oracle script from UNIX Script

Hi, I am new to UNIX and want to execute oracle script from unix script. I have written below script but i am getting below error. #!/bin/bash file="/home/usr/control/control_file1" while read line do #$line=@$line #echo $line sqlplus tiger/scott@DB @$line exit #echo "$line" done... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipin kumar rai
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problems executing an interactive shell script

I am new to Unix shell and to this forum. I am having some trouble executing an interactive shell script that I have written using Mac TextEdit that takes a user input via terminal of a file type (jpg or gif) and then activates a script that will iterate through a folder of unsorted file types... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braveheart
4 Replies
menu_post(3X)															     menu_post(3X)

NAME
menu_post - write or erase menus from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int post_menu(MENU *menu); int unpost_menu(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
The function post_menu displays a menu to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). post_menu resets the selection status of all items. The function unpost_menu erases menu from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_POSTED The menu has already been posted. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NO_ROOM Menu is too large for its window. You should consider to use set_menu_format() to solve the problem. E_NOT_POSTED The menu has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the menu. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), menu(3X). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. menu_post(3X)