Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace char between chars - help needed Post 302667657 by PikK45 on Friday 6th of July 2012 03:43:31 PM
Old 07-06-2012
Considering your 4th field to be

Code:
 ^Tableta Internet Archos ....^

I don't think this would cause any issues!!! Please correct me if I am wrong

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace ascii chars without loosing it.

Hi, Can some one tell, how to replace ascii non printable TAB from the while to something, then later on replace it back to TAB. Basciallz we do bulk data processing, our processin treats TAB as new field , So I thought we can replace it with something and later on revert it. TIA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace chars,

:rolleyes: Hi, I want to replace the particular text in the middle of the line. Ex. In the line 40-50 wanted to replace the char as 'x' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Junk chars (Sed)

I know this has been asked previously on this forum...But I think I have a different scenario to present. I ahve a file tht looks like this (note:there are control Z and other chars tht are not visible on line with anme bowers) BB7118450 6004718 BIANCALANA =HEI BZ5842819 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to remove a char from a specified sub-string

Hi! I'm having trouble usind sed to remove the char ' from within a database's varchar register's sql. For example, on the following sql: INSERT INTO patrimonio_municipal.patrimonio_municipal_airc_tmp Values('|Estação Elevatória|',|16723|,'|Grandes Reparações|', '|2010-03-26... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cremat0rio
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace char on text file

Hi , I have problem on replace char on text file #!/bin/bash echo "Enter Third value : " read a sed '2 s/192.160.1.1/cut -d"." -f3/$a/g' tcpip.txt > a.txt I want replace line 2 on tcpip.txt with value a that I input but it's not run Please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillipss
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace all extended char.

Hi Guys, I wand find and replace all Extended ASCII Codes from all my log files. My Log files: /home/Kalr/PPool/Output i have logs file in sub dir. /home/Kalr/PPool/Output/X /home/Kalr/PPool/Output/Y /home/Kalr/PPool/Output/Z My Abc.log file input: Extended ASCII Codes :– ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing multiple special chars with single char

Hi I've a string . And i need to replace set of characters with a single character Means .. or . or ... and so on should be replaced with single % character Irrespective of number of dots in between the characters , those should be replaced with single % All the above strings should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep or sed to search, replace/insert chars!

HI All Im trying to come up with an approach to finding a string, using a portion of that string to insert it on lines starting with the value "GOTO" appending to end of line after removing PT's ( See example below! ) EXAMPLE: 1. I would like to search for the line that starts with "TLAXIS/"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: graymj
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replace \n char in Data

File is pipe delimited with 17 fields. We may get \n char (1 or more \n in one field or multi fileds) in data in any field. Need to replace \n in data with space and not the Ture \n that is line separator. I tried below awk command it did not work as expected. awk '(NR-1)%2{$1=$1}1' RS=\|... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshkumare
9 Replies
COLOR.4TH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      COLOR.4TH(8)

NAME
color.4th -- FreeBSD color-detection boot module DESCRIPTION
The file that goes by the name of color.4th is a set of commands designed to simplify color logic. The commands of color.4th by themselves are not enough for most uses. Please refer to the examples below for the most common situations, and to loader(8) for additional commands. Before using any of the commands provided in color.4th, it must be included through the command: include color.4th This line is present in /boot/loader.4th file, so it is not needed (and should not be re-issued) in a normal setup. The commands provided by it are: loader_color? Returns FALSE if the loader_color environment variable is set to ``NO'' (case-insensitive) or ``0''. Otherwise returns TRUE (unless booting serial). The environment variables that effect its behavior are: loader_color If set to ``NO'' (case-insensitive) or ``0'', causes loader_color? to return FALSE, indicating to many modules that color should not be used. FILES
/boot/loader The loader(8). /boot/color.4th color.4th itself. /boot/loader.rc loader(8) bootstrapping script. EXAMPLES
Standard i386 /boot/loader.rc: Use color where applicable: loader_color="YES" SEE ALSO
loader.conf(5), loader(8), loader.4th(8) HISTORY
The color.4th set of commands first appeared in FreeBSD 9.0. AUTHORS
The color.4th set of commands was written by Devin Teske <dteske@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
August 6, 2013 BSD