Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern matching and format problem Post 302666889 by firefox2k2 on Thursday 5th of July 2012 08:31:57 AM
Old 07-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxxon
From the description I am not sure, if you mean a 2nd occurence in the same line or another line.

sorry for not explaining better, there are multiple instances FSS1206.

Would it be easier searching for
Code:
71502FSS1206               FSS1206

and place a letter F 100 spaces after every occurrence found within the file

Is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartus11
Try:
Code:
awk '$2=="FSS1206"{$0=$0"                       F"}1' infile > outfile

This didn't appear to do anything.

Thanks for all the help its appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching problem

I have a file with the following contents; NEW 85174 MP081 /29OCT07 CNL 85986 MP098 /28OCT07 NEW 86014 MP098 /28OCT07 NEW 86051 MP097 /27OCT07 CNL 86084 MP097 /27OCT07 Now I have to retrieve all lines that start with NEW and where the next line starts with CNL and where the MP codes are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with CASE pattern matching

I am using ksh on a HP Ux. I have a simple script but am having problem with the case statement:- #!/usr/bin/sh Chl=”SM.APPLE_SWIFT_DV” LoConfirm=”” case $chl in ) LoConfirm=”Using channel at Building 1” echo “test conditon1” echo $LoConfirm;; ) LoConfirm=”Using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching problem

FilesToBackup='*.track* *.xml *.vm* *.gz Trace* TRACE* "*core*" *.out fcif_data_* esi_error_* *.rollback *.sed R.* APStatus_* log* *.output* send_mail* downenv* check_env* intaspurge_db_* sqlnet.log *.rpt *.html *.csv "*TSC*"' and i am using it like this- echo Moving files from $(pwd): ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching problem in UNIX

Hello All, I need help I have a problem in searching the pattern in a file let us say the file contains the below lines line 1 USING *'/FILE/FOLDER/RETURN') ................. ................. line 4 USING *'/FILE/FOLDER/6kdat1') line 5 USING... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem using sed for pattern matching

if abc.sh is 192.168.1.41 then the output that i get is v5c01 my code is sed 's/192.168.1.4/v5c0/g s/192.168.1.41/acc1/g' abc.sh 2>&1 | tee abc.sh i want to find 192.168.1.4 and replace it with v5c0 and find 192.168.1.41 and replace it with acc1 and i want to do it using sed (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem extracting just a part of a matching pattern

Hello everyone, this is my first post so please give me a hand. I apologize for my English, I'll try to be clear with my request. I need to write a script (Bash) which finds all the variables defined in the file .h of the folder and then writes the name of the files .c where these variables are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paxilpaz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching problem

# cat email.txt | grep -i "To:" To: <test@example.com> # cat email.txt | grep -i "Subject" Subject: Test Subject: How are you. I need to print only test@example.com from To field need to eliminate "< & >" from To field and need to print entire subject after Subject: It should be #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
7 Replies

8. Programming

pl sql . pattern matching problem

hi everyone i am facing a strange problem declare v_var number(10); begin if( regexp_like('RCDORMS_MMS_*_DAR','RCDORMS_MMS_*_DAR')) then v_var:=20; dbms_output.put_line(v_var); end if; end; / please tell me what's the wrong thing in this expression.. as i am not able to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching problem

Hi I need a bash script that can search through a text file for all lines starting with 71502FSC1206 on every line it finds starting with this I need to place a letter F at the 127 position on that line. Thanks Paul (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching problem

if i have to do pattern match for file name with digit alphanumeric value like this File_1234.csv File_12sd45rg.csv i am using this File_*.csv and File_*.csv for digit pattern match. when i am doing pattern match for the digit then both alphanumeric match and digit match is coming. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
3 Replies
Locale::Currency(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Locale::Currency(3)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $curr = code2currency('usd','alpha'); $curr = code2currency('usd',LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Currency(3)