Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir Post 302666887 by pravin27 on Thursday 5th of July 2012 08:29:03 AM
Old 07-05-2012
Hope this will help you.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;

sub check_files
{
        my $dirname = "/tmp";
        opendir(my $dh, $dirname) or die "Not a directory";
        if( scalar(grep { $_ ne "." && $_ ne ".." } readdir($dh)) > 0 )
           {
                print "Core functionality \n";
                exit;
           } else {
              sleep 15;
           }
}

my @datetime=localtime(time);
my $hr=@datetime[2];
my $wday=@datetime[6];

if ( $wday eq 1 )
{
        while ( $hr lt 9 )
        {
                check_files()
        }
}

exit;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the file size in a dir

Hi all, I need to check the size of all files in a DIR.Can any one help me out from this? This is my code: filenames=`ls -l | cut -c 55-90` for f in $filenames do if then echo $f done Output: file access denied. *files have read permission alone. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsathishmca
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Files to Dir and Check If File Exists

Hi everyone. I am trying to write a bash script that will copy files from one directory to another but I need to be able to check the directory that I'm copying the files to and see if the file already exists. If it does I need to add a number at the end of the copied file. Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to check file date and size

Hi guys, i am new to perl. I started reading the perl documents and try to come up with some logic. I am trying to create a script that would go into a location, search for todays files, then searches for all .txt files from today. If todays not found, its an error If file size is less... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
26 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to compare files, check current date and count

Hello - I have written the following basic shell script to count files, compare files and look for a particular strings in a file. Problem 1: How do I define more than 1 file location? #!/bin/bash #this is a test script FILES=$(ls /home/student/bin/dir1, home/student/bin/dir2)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check all files in dir has same date stamp?

Hello Experts, Can some one write the code to find, all files in the directory has today's time stamp or not? Dir = /doc Files ----- a.txt Aug 13 10:15 b.txt Aug 13 10:16 c.txt Aug 13 10:17 d.txt Aug 13 10:18 e.txt Aug 13 10:17 Thanks in advance Dip (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format check and replace string in PERL

I have got few date format patterns like "yyyymmdd", "yy_mm_dd" etc. There can be any combination of such patterns. I have used add_delta_days to find "yyyy", "yy", "mm", "dd" for the current date and saved them to different variables like "$y1", "$y2", "$m1" etc In one line, i want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : hhmiss - Date format check and replace

I have a filename, This can be any of any format, I want to check if the filename has hours,mins and seconds part. If it is present, i want to replace it with a " * " (star symbol) output needed: IMP: The time part can be in any pattern. How can this be done?:confused:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL code to check if file exists

Hi Guy’s, I have this simple PERL code which checks whether the file exists . At the moment I am getting the following error This is the code I am using #!/usr/bin/perl Open (F, "home/work/PerlWork/dataFile") or die "Could not open the file:$!\"; Also how can I read the content of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: INHF
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check number of files that were created before a date?

Hi all, In a directory I have a lot of files created in history. However do I check the number of files that were created before a designated date? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/perl script to check for files

Hi, I am trying to write a script for following scenario: I have a list of countries from where I receive files...eg. (Indonesia, Thailand, Australia...etc) For each country, I have a list of files that they send. IND -- a,b,c TH -- p,q,r AU -- x,y,z The path for these files could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.k
2 Replies
PROVE(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  PROVE(1)

NAME
prove -- A command-line tool for running tests against Test::Harness SYNOPSIS
prove [options] [files/directories] OPTIONS
-b, --blib Adds blib/lib to the path for your tests, a la "use blib" -d, --debug Includes extra debugging information -D, --dry Dry run: Show the tests to run, but don't run them -h, --help Display this help -H, --man Longer manpage for prove -I Add libraries to @INC, as Perl's -I -l, --lib Add lib to the path for your tests --perl Sets the name of the Perl executable to use -r, --recurse Recursively descend into directories -s, --shuffle Run the tests in a random order --strap Define strap class to use -T Enable tainting checks -t Enable tainting warnings --timer Print elapsed time after each test file -v, --verbose Display standard output of test scripts while running them -V, --version Display version info Single-character options may be stacked. Default options may be set by specifying the PROVE_SWITCHES environment variable. OVERVIEW
prove is a command-line interface to the test-running functionality of "Test::Harness". With no arguments, it will run all tests in the current directory. Shell metacharacters may be used with command lines options and will be exanded via "File::Glob::bsd_glob". PROVE VS. ";MAKE TEST" prove has a number of advantages over "make test" when doing development. * prove is designed as a development tool Perl users typically run the test harness through a makefile via "make test". That's fine for module distributions, but it's subopti- mal for a test/code/debug development cycle. * prove is granular prove lets your run against only the files you want to check. Running "prove t/live/ t/master.t" checks every *.t in t/live, plus t/master.t. * prove has an easy verbose mode prove has a "-v" option to see the raw output from the tests. To do this with "make test", you must set "HARNESS_VERBOSE=1" in the environment. * prove can run under taint mode prove's "-T" runs your tests under "perl -T", and "-t" runs them under "perl -t". * prove can shuffle tests You can use prove's "--shuffle" option to try to excite problems that don't show up when tests are run in the same order every time. * prove doesn't rely on a make tool Not everyone wants to write a makefile, or use ExtUtils::MakeMaker to do so. prove has no external dependencies. * Not everything is a module More and more users are using Perl's testing tools outside the context of a module distribution, and may not even use a makefile at all. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
-b, --blib Adds blib/lib to the path for your tests, a la "use blib". -d, --debug Include debug information about how prove is being run. This option doesn't show the output from the test scripts. That's handled by -v,--verbose. -D, --dry Dry run: Show the tests to run, but don't run them. -I Add libraries to @INC, as Perl's -I. -l, --lib Add "lib" to @INC. Equivalent to "-Ilib". --perl Sets the "HARNESS_PERL" environment variable, which controls what Perl executable will run the tests. -r, --recurse Descends into subdirectories of any directories specified, looking for tests. -s, --shuffle Sometimes tests are accidentally dependent on tests that have been run before. This switch will shuffle the tests to be run prior to run- ning them, thus ensuring that hidden dependencies in the test order are likely to be revealed. The author hopes the run the algorithm on the preceding sentence to see if he can produce something slightly less awkward. --strap Sets the HARNESS_STRAP_CLASS variable to set which Test::Harness::Straps variable to use in running the tests. -t Runs test programs under perl's -t taint warning mode. -T Runs test programs under perl's -T taint mode. --timer Print elapsed time after each test file -v, --verbose Display standard output of test scripts while running them. Also sets TEST_VERBOSE in case your tests rely on them. -V, --version Display version info. BUGS
Please use the CPAN bug ticketing system at <http://rt.cpan.org/>. You can also mail bugs, fixes and enhancements to "<bug-test-har- ness@rt.cpan.org>". TODO
o Shuffled tests must be recreatable AUTHORS
Andy Lester "<andy at petdance.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2006 by Andy Lester "<andy at petdance.com>". This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html>. perl v5.8.9 2009-04-13 PROVE(1)