Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Execute script located on a remote machine Post 302666765 by mohtashims on Thursday 5th of July 2012 06:22:17 AM
Old 07-05-2012
Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by spynappels
I don't have enough Windows scripting experience to give a definitive answer, but I would suggest that first of all, you use Pageant to manage keys to access the remote *nix servers. Also make sure the PuTTY directory is added to your PATH.

you then use PSCP to copy the script to the remote host:

Code:
pscp -agent \path\to\source\file user@remotehost:/path/to/target

Then you use Plink to make it executable and run the script:

Code:
plink -agent user@remotehost "chmod +x /path/to/script; sh /path/to/script"

You could probably wrap this in a Windows batch script, but I'm not sure how to make that completely robust.
I am slowly losing hope Smilie

You command:

Code:

C:\Program Files\PuTTY>plink -agent user1@remorthost "chmod +x /export/home/test.sh; sh /export/home/test.sh" -v

yields the below output:

Code:
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password:
chmod: cannot access `/export/home/test.sh': No such file or directory
sh: /export/home/ms104u/test.sh: No such file or directory

But the file exists:

Code:
ls -ltr /export/home/test.sh
-rwxr-xr-x   1 user1   vts           22 Jul  4 09:50 /export/home/test.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute a script on remote machine

hi unix guru's i am new to unix shell programming. i found a trouble in executing a script(bali.ksh) which is available on serverA with username xyza, this script contains sqlplus command to retrive the data from the database available on other serverC. Now i need to run the above script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command from terminal on remote machine

Hi All, I want to execute some commands on unix machine from the mac machne. I have two options for doing so, I am confused which is the best way of doing. Here are two options. Requirement: Execute command on the remote server machine. Commands to be executed itself contain arguments to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranu
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a script hosted on a machine from a different machine

Hi everyone I intend to trigger a script from one machine say mc1 that actually excutes on different machine say mc2 and redirect the logs to that machine mc2. I tried to use nohup <nfs location of machine >/script.sh > <nfs location of machine >/script.log 2>&1 & nfs location of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harneetmakol
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change user on remote machine and execute script!

Hi, I need to login into remote server and execute a shell script over there. As of now i am making use of ssh command ssh primUser@135.254.242.2 sh /poll.sh I am logging in as primUser but unless i change the user to root the script execution on the remote machine is not possible. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutham4u
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell script which inserts some records into a file located in remote servers...

All, I need to write an unix shell script which inserts some records into a file located in remote servers. * Get the input from the user and insert according the first row. It should be in ascending order. 123451,XA,ABA 123452,XB,ABB 123453,XC,ABC 123455,XE,ABE 123456,XF,ABF 123458,XG,ABG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techychap
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To execute the same script in another machine

We have a few machines which share the same directory. How can I execute the same script under that directory in different machine while I am using mine? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiao
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute the same script on another machine

Recently, I need to generate a lot of files from a few master files. In fact, if I relogin to the server machine, my operating would be much faster. My question is this: Can I write a script in which the current path can be automatically saved and relogin to the server to execute my command in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiao
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute shell script in remote machine

Hi All, We have 2 servers A and B. B is having a sctipt called b.sh in path /home/dev/scripts. Now my requirement is i want to execute b.sh from server A. Kindly help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script on remote machine

I want to execute a shell script(set of commands) on remote machine and that script takes input from text file(local machine). Please refer below: ssh user@hostname 'bash -s'< ./test.sh file.txt But i got the error file.txt doesn't exist. Can anyone help me on this. Content of test.sh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishtri88
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute local script on remote machine and include arguments?

I have a script in local server cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir ./processchk po (here processchk is a script & po is passed as an argument) Now I want to execute this script from remote server ssh $username@$hostname "cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir; ./processchk po" But Its getting error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
9 Replies
Prophet::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prophet::Test(3pm)

set_editor($code)
       Sets the subroutine that Prophet should use instead of "Prophet::CLI::Command::edit_text" (as this routine invokes an interactive editor)
       to $code.

set_editor_script SCRIPT
       Sets the editor that Proc::InvokeEditor uses.

This should be a non-interactive script found in t/scripts.

import_extra($class, $args)
   in_gladiator($code)
       Run the given code using Devel::Gladiator.

repo_path_for($username)
       Returns a path on disk for where $username's replica is stored.

repo_uri_for($username)
       Returns a file:// URI for $USERNAME'S replica (with the correct replica type prefix).

replica_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test replica.

database_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test database.

replica_last_rev
       Returns the sequence number of the last change in the test replica.

as_user($username, $coderef)
       Run this code block as $username.  This routine sets up the %ENV hash so that when we go looking for a repository, we get the user's repo.

replica_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test replica.

database_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test database.

ok_added_revisions( { CODE }, $numbers_of_new_revisions, $msg)
       Checks that the given code block adds the given number of changes to the test replica. $msg is optional and will be printed with the test
       if given.

serialize_conflict($conflict_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::Conflict object suitable for comparison in tests.

The serialized version is a hash reference containing the following keys:
	   meta => { original_source_uuid => 'source_replica_uuid' }
	   records => { 'record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
			'another_record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
		      }

serialize_changeset($changeset_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::ChangeSet object suitable for comparison in tests (a hash).

run_command($command, @args)
       Run the given command with (optionally) the given args using a new Prophet::CLI object. Returns the standard output of that command in
       scalar form or, in array context, the STDOUT in scalar form *and* the STDERR in scalar form.

Examples:

run_command('create', '--type=Foo');

load_record($type, $uuid)
       Loads and returns a record object for the record with the given type and uuid.

as_alice CODE, as_bob CODE, as_charlie CODE, as_david CODE
       Runs CODE as alice, bob, charlie or david.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-09-02							Prophet::Test(3pm)