Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Execute script located on a remote machine Post 302666765 by mohtashims on Thursday 5th of July 2012 06:22:17 AM
Old 07-05-2012
Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by spynappels
I don't have enough Windows scripting experience to give a definitive answer, but I would suggest that first of all, you use Pageant to manage keys to access the remote *nix servers. Also make sure the PuTTY directory is added to your PATH.

you then use PSCP to copy the script to the remote host:

Code:
pscp -agent \path\to\source\file user@remotehost:/path/to/target

Then you use Plink to make it executable and run the script:

Code:
plink -agent user@remotehost "chmod +x /path/to/script; sh /path/to/script"

You could probably wrap this in a Windows batch script, but I'm not sure how to make that completely robust.
I am slowly losing hope Smilie

You command:

Code:

C:\Program Files\PuTTY>plink -agent user1@remorthost "chmod +x /export/home/test.sh; sh /export/home/test.sh" -v

yields the below output:

Code:
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Password:
chmod: cannot access `/export/home/test.sh': No such file or directory
sh: /export/home/ms104u/test.sh: No such file or directory

But the file exists:

Code:
ls -ltr /export/home/test.sh
-rwxr-xr-x   1 user1   vts           22 Jul  4 09:50 /export/home/test.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute a script on remote machine

hi unix guru's i am new to unix shell programming. i found a trouble in executing a script(bali.ksh) which is available on serverA with username xyza, this script contains sqlplus command to retrive the data from the database available on other serverC. Now i need to run the above script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command from terminal on remote machine

Hi All, I want to execute some commands on unix machine from the mac machne. I have two options for doing so, I am confused which is the best way of doing. Here are two options. Requirement: Execute command on the remote server machine. Commands to be executed itself contain arguments to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranu
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a script hosted on a machine from a different machine

Hi everyone I intend to trigger a script from one machine say mc1 that actually excutes on different machine say mc2 and redirect the logs to that machine mc2. I tried to use nohup <nfs location of machine >/script.sh > <nfs location of machine >/script.log 2>&1 & nfs location of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harneetmakol
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change user on remote machine and execute script!

Hi, I need to login into remote server and execute a shell script over there. As of now i am making use of ssh command ssh primUser@135.254.242.2 sh /poll.sh I am logging in as primUser but unless i change the user to root the script execution on the remote machine is not possible. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutham4u
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell script which inserts some records into a file located in remote servers...

All, I need to write an unix shell script which inserts some records into a file located in remote servers. * Get the input from the user and insert according the first row. It should be in ascending order. 123451,XA,ABA 123452,XB,ABB 123453,XC,ABC 123455,XE,ABE 123456,XF,ABF 123458,XG,ABG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techychap
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To execute the same script in another machine

We have a few machines which share the same directory. How can I execute the same script under that directory in different machine while I am using mine? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiao
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute the same script on another machine

Recently, I need to generate a lot of files from a few master files. In fact, if I relogin to the server machine, my operating would be much faster. My question is this: Can I write a script in which the current path can be automatically saved and relogin to the server to execute my command in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiao
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute shell script in remote machine

Hi All, We have 2 servers A and B. B is having a sctipt called b.sh in path /home/dev/scripts. Now my requirement is i want to execute b.sh from server A. Kindly help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script on remote machine

I want to execute a shell script(set of commands) on remote machine and that script takes input from text file(local machine). Please refer below: ssh user@hostname 'bash -s'< ./test.sh file.txt But i got the error file.txt doesn't exist. Can anyone help me on this. Content of test.sh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishtri88
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute local script on remote machine and include arguments?

I have a script in local server cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir ./processchk po (here processchk is a script & po is passed as an argument) Now I want to execute this script from remote server ssh $username@$hostname "cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir; ./processchk po" But Its getting error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
9 Replies
psftp(1)							 PuTTY tool suite							  psftp(1)

NAME
psftp - interactive SFTP (secure file transfer protocol) client SYNOPSIS
psftp [options] [user@]host DESCRIPTION
psftp is an interactive text-based client for the SSH-based SFTP (secure file transfer) protocol. OPTIONS
The command-line options supported by psftp are: -V Show version information and exit. -pgpfp Display the fingerprints of the PuTTY PGP Master Keys and exit, to aid in verifying new files released by the PuTTY team. -b batchfile Use specified batchfile. -bc Output batchfile commands. -be Don't stop batchfile processing on errors. -v Show verbose messages. -load session Load settings from saved session. -P port Connect to port port. -l user Set remote username to user. -batch Disable interactive prompts. -pw password Set remote password to password. CAUTION: this will likely make the password visible to other users of the local machine (via com- mands such as `w'). -1 Force use of SSH protocol version 1. -2 Force use of SSH protocol version 2. -C Enable SSH compression. -i path Private key file for authentication. COMMANDS
For a list of commands available inside psftp, type help at the psftp> prompt. MORE INFORMATION
For more information on psftp it's probably best to go and look at the manual on the PuTTY web page: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ BUGS
This man page isn't terribly complete. See the above web link for better documentation. PuTTY tool suite 2004-03-24 psftp(1)