Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting crontab - runninf a java script just isn't quite working... Post 302666313 by MrCarter on Wednesday 4th of July 2012 06:17:39 AM
Old 07-04-2012
bump..

If I echo $PATH I get details, but echo-ing $SCREENPATH or $CLASSPATH returns a blank.

As I get this error message - it must be related..

'/<file structure>/<little script>.sh: line 1: ../jdk1.6.0/bin/java: No such file or directory'

bump..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

grep -r isn't working

Hi, I was trying to use this particular option of grep grep -r 'Search_pattern' * This command should ideally search all the occurrences of Search_pattern recursively within a directory & print it on shell prompt. But this command is not doing what is expected. It just displays nothin! ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Sendmail version ? and why -d isn't working

Hi, I am trying to figure out which version I am running of sendmail, but I am buffed. This is what I get sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null sendmail: illegal option -- d Telneting to my host: ~]$ telnet localhost 25 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saariko
1 Replies

3. AIX

crontab isn't excuting some commands

Greetings everybody, I have an IBM P520 AIX 5.3 server machine and trying to use crontab to periodically excute a script that contains a command belongs to my software (Fast/Tools SCADA software) I added the following line after using crontab -e 01 * * * * /mypath/myscript I have two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayman metwally
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why isn't this working? tsch-doit file

#! /usr/tsch foreach f (`cat contacts.list`) awk '{printf ($2 in a) ? ","$5 : (NR>1) ? RS $2 FS $5 : $2 FS $5; a} END{print e}' $f > $f_inter.map end My file: cat contacts.list is just a list of files. I get this error: doit_contacts2intermap.sh: Command not found. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

a very basic sed one-liner...that isn't working :-(

Greetings all. :) I would like to use sed to join all non-blank lines together in a particular file. I was thinking I could do this by simply replacing the terminating, new-line character on every line which is not blank, but I must be missing something in my sed line: $ sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteveB-in-LV
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk isn't working

awk 'BEGIN{print '1.2449'**0.5}' awk: line 1: syntax error at or near * can someone help me troubleshoot the above command? i'm trying to do the square root of 1.2449. this command works on Red Hat, but for some reasonn isn't working on kubuntu (latest version). shell is bash. i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String == isn't working in [[-test

Hi. I'm new to this forum, my English perhaps is not so good, but here is my question: In bash you can use ] for tests, and how I understand it the variable names should be expanded automatically. So this should give "yes": xx=hello $ ] && echo yes || echo no no # not giving "yes" These two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 244an
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

export of a variable isn't working

Hi I want export input data ... echo "month: " read m export m=$m also export m is not working ? the month-variable should be exportet for the use in other scripts, but it is not working like this. What i'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance! IMPe (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chmod working in sudo run script but chown isn't

My git user has permission in sudoers to run a wrapper script to move files into my webroot. Everything is working fine except for the chown line. After the script has run, the files ar still root:root instead of apache:apache. Scratching my head...:confused: #!/bin/sh echo echo "****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Syslog daemon isn't working

Hi All, I've tried starting syslogd on our hp-ux 11.31 server. However, it is not getting started nor it is updating the syslog file. There is no space issue also. However, the mail.log file is approx 2GB, can that be of any issue. Please find the details below: # /sbin/init.d/syslogd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kits
2 Replies
JAVA2HTML(1)						      General Commands Manual						      JAVA2HTML(1)

NAME
java2html - generates highlighted html-files from Java or C++ source SYNOPSIS
java2html [options] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents how to use java2html. If no arguments are given on the command line of java2html, it reads from stdin and writes to stdout. If invoked with filenames as arguments java2html will write it's output into new files. Names of output files are generated by appending ".html" to the corresponding input filename. Installing as a CGI program java2html can be installed as a CGI program and convert source files on the fly. In order to set this up for apache the webmaster has to add the two lines AddType text/x-java .java Action text/x-java /cgi-bin/java2html to the webserver configuration file. java2html depends on the webserver properly setting environment variable PATH_TRANSLATED to the path- name of the source file. If java2html has been compiled with option -DCOMPRESSION=1 then it will invoke gzip to compress the generated HTML before sending it to the requesting browser. Of course java2html takes care to check if the browser accepts gzip encoding. OPTIONS -- Interpret all following arguments on the command line as filenames. This is useful, if you want to convert files beginning with a '-'. -b filename Insert the file 'filename' after converted data and before HTML footer. See also the -s option. -c Turns off CGI-script detection and HTTP header generation. This is needed to use java2html as a subcommand in another CGI script. -h filename Insert the file 'filename' after the HTML headers and before the converted data. See also the -s option. -i Generate an index only. This will generate a list of references (HREF's) to the labels that java2html creates for your source file. The references are created as list items (<li>) in an HTML list. Each line has the form <li><a href="#name">prototype()</a></li> so they can be used directly as an index list, or further parsed by another script. If you want the index at the top of the source file, you will need a wrapper script like this one: #! /bin/sh echo "Content-type: text/html" echo "" echo "<html>" echo "<head><title>$PATH_TRANSLATED</title>" echo "<meta name="generator"" echo "content="`java2html -V`">" echo "</head>" echo "<body>" echo "<h1>Source of $PATH_TRANSLATED</h1>" echo "<ul>Structures and functions" cat $PATH_TRANSLATED | java2html -isc echo "</ul>" echo "<hr></hr>" cat $PATH_TRANSLATED | java2html -sc echo "</body></html>" exit -n Number lines and label them with 'line' followed by the line number. Empty lines get no label, but the linecounter will count them nevertheless. With this feature you can refer to special lines of code from other parts of the generated file or from external files with a line like this: <A HREF="foo.java.html#line301">Go to line 301</A> -s With this option you can suppress the generation of HTML headers. This is especially useful together with options -b file and -h file. -t title Set the title to 'title'. The default is the filename you converted or "stdin" if reading from stdin. This option is only used if -s is not set. -u Print usage information. -w width sets the WIDTH attribute for HTML tag <PRE>. If this option is not used a default of 80 is assumed. (Currently most browsers are ignoring this attribute). -V reports the version number of java2html. EXIT STATUS
java2html returns 0 on success, 1 if input files are not existing/readable, 2 if output files are not creatable/writable, 3 if invoked with illegal options and 4 if gzip cannot be invoked. AUTHORS
Florian Schintke <schintke@cs.tu-berlin.de> Martin Kammerhofer <mkamm@gmx.net> wrote the CGI feature. Rob Ewan <rob@ewan.com> wrote the indexing feature. SEE ALSO
c2html(1), pas2html(1), perl2html(1). JAVA2HTML(1)