Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mailx working but not sending mail Post 302666311 by zaxxon on Wednesday 4th of July 2012 06:14:57 AM
Old 07-04-2012
Check the logs of your Message Transfer Agent (MTA) which could be sendmail, postfix, exim, etc...
If it is a Linux box for example, you can check under /var/log the approriate file or directory related to "mail" or the MTA.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx commannd - Mail and Attachment in same mail

Hi , I am using mailx command for sending the mails. Rightnow I am sending the attachment (by using uuencode $filename) as a seperate mail.I wanna send the attachment also with the same mail. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail through mailx

while trying to send a mail, though the output file doesn't contain any exclamatory mark(!), i am getting that in the mail with an extra line. please help me out from this ASAP. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail using mailx command

Hi All, Please help me regarding sending mails using mailx command in unix. I will be glad if some one give me the sintax of this. I tried using the below but vain. mailx -s 'Hi' 'xyz@abc.com' Regards, Manas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail from perl using mailx

hi All, i am trying to send a mail from perl using mailx. the script runs fine if i hard code the file path which is to be attached to the mail. but when i give a variable containing the path of the file , perl is not able to send the file. ex: system('uuencode /attach/test.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamahi
3 Replies

5. AIX

Mailx Not sending

How can I check to see how/why my mailx program is not sending? /var has enough room. -Thanks ---------- Post updated at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:35 AM ---------- I tested the mailx to send with this command: echo "This is going to be body of the mail" |mailx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tfort73
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail using Mailx with data from oracle table

Hi, i need to send emails to the mail ids i receive using the sql query . SELECT L.ALARM_DEF,L.CRITERIA,L.DISTANCE_METRE,L.EMAIL,L.LAC_ID,L.LAST_CHECK,L.RANGE, L.RESOURCE_MSISDN,LM.ADDRESS,LM.NAME FROM LANDMARK_ALARM_CONF l, LANDMARK lm WHERE L.LANDMARK_ID=LM.LANDMARK_ID AND... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail through mailx command

Hi I need help to send mail through mailx command . Currenlt my program is like #!/bin/ksh -x echo " " >> path.lst MAIL_LIST='someone1@gamil.com someone2@gamil.com someone3@gamil.com' cat path.lst | mailx -s "path loaction" $MAIL_LIST echo "End" exit 0 Its work fine . But i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx -s not sending the file to mail address

Hi All, OS:Red Hat Linux 4 86x64 Below is my shell script which is not sending mail to the mail recipient: #!/bin/bash export MAILLIST="xyz@yahoo.com" cd <path_to_the_script_perf_report.sql> sqlplus / as sysdba @perf_report.sql if then cat <path_to_the_script/*MONTHLY*REPORT*.lst... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embed a html file in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx?

How to embed a html file as subject in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx or any other way? we do not want the file as attachment, it should be embedded in the mail subject. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies
Agent::Tag(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Agent::Tag(3pm)

NAME
Log::Agent::Tag - formats caller information SYNOPSIS
Intended to be inherited from DESCRIPTION
This class is meant to be inherited by all the classes implementing a log message tag. A message tag is a little string that is either appended or prepended to all log messages. For instance, and oversimplifying a bit, a tag meant to be prepended will be inserted in front of the current log message, separated by separator, which defaults to a single space: +------------+-----------+---------------------------------+ | tag string | separator | current log message | +------------+-----------+---------------------------------+ This operation is called tag insertion. The whole string then becomes the current log message, and can be the target of another tag insertion. The reality is a little bit more complex, to allow successive tags to be prepended or appended in the order they are specified, and not in reverse order as they would be if naively implemented. See Log::Agent::Message for the exact semantics of append() and prepend() operations. FEATURES
This section documents the interface provided to heirs, in case you wish to implement your own tag class. _init(name, postfix, separator) Initialization routine that should be called by all heirs during creation to initialize the common attributes. postfix When true, the tag is meant to be appended to the log message. Otherwise, it is prepended. name The name of this tag. It is meant to provide by-name access to tags, check whether a given tag is recorded, etc... The names "caller" and "priority" are architecturally defined to refer to "Log::Agent::Tag::Caller" and "Log::Agent::Tag::Priority" objects. NOTE: Currently unused by any client code. separator The sperating string inserted between the tag and the log message. It defaults to " " if not specified, i.e. left to "undef" when calling _init(). string() A deferred routine, to be implemented by heirs. Returns the tag string only, without the separator, since its exact placement depends on the value of the "postfix" attribute. insert(message) Insert this tag withing the "Log::Agent::Message" message, according to the tag specifications (placement, separator). Calls string() to produce the tag string. This routine is frozen and should not be redefined by heirs. STANDARD TAGGING CLASSES
Tagging classes define via their "string()" routine what is the string to be used as a tag. The insertion of the tag within the log message is done via a frozen routine from the "Log::Agent::Tag" ancestor. The following classes are provided by "Log::Agent": "Log::Agent::Tag::Callback" The "string()" routine invokes a user-supplied callback, given as a "Callback" object. You need the Callback module from CPAN if you wish to use this class. "Log::Agent::Tag::Caller" Used internally to compute the caller and format it according to user specifications. "Log::Agent::Tag::Priority" Used internally to format message priorities and add them to the log messages. "Log::Agent::Tag::String" Defines a constant tagging string that should be added in all the log messages, e.g. a web session ID. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <Raphael_Manfredi@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Log::Agent::Message(3). perl v5.10.0 2002-03-09 Agent::Tag(3pm)