Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in eval man page
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Error in eval man page Post 302666275 by Unregistered on Wednesday 4th of July 2012 04:34:14 AM
Old 07-04-2012
Error in eval man page

Hello,

I believe that the following man page contains an error: <www dot unix dot com>/man-page/posix/1posix/eval/

In section "EXAMPLES", the fourth line should probably be:
eval y='$'$x
rather than:
$fooeval y='$'$x

Regards,
Jérôme DUBOIS.
Unregistered

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do you create a man page?

i've never done this before. i created a script that I placed in /usr/bin, but want to create a man page for it. i'm clueless thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding a man page

I was wonderiong if ther is a way for a user to add a man page specific to thier account. similar to copying the .1 or .1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1 "cp *.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1". Except for using another folder as I don't have access to /usr/share/man/man1. I would think that this might involve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacob358
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

scp-1.2.27 man page

Hi Guys, I'm looking for the man page for scp version 1.2.27 I have an old redhat server that has a few large scripts that use this version and I want to know what the -A flag does and the man page is not on there. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

man page issue

Man page is not working my system. It is giving the following the following error > man ls gdbm fatal: read error with debug option > man -d ls ... .... ... ... using less as pager checking for locale en_US add_nls_manpath(): processing /usr/local/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar_l
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to get help from man page

Help, it seem that i am unable to get man help form solaris 10. I am running SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc when ever i try to man a command what i get is "No manual entry" like the one below. # man grep No manual entry for grep. # man ls No manual entry for ls.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
8 Replies

6. Solaris

man page question

What does the last change means in man page .. does that this man page has not been updated since 2003 or something else ? newfs-options The options are documented in the newfs man page. SunOS 5.10 Last change: 9 Dec 2003 1 System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error reading a man page

Hello, hope this is the correct forum for this question. I have created a man page, named nfwatchdog.1.gz. This man page was installed under /usr/share/man/man1. When I execute: man nfwatchdog from any location, the man page is incorrectly opened (I see ASCII garbage). But when I directly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nardix
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in eval eval command to print html tags

anyone has any info on why this is complaining??? vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ zoneCounter=1 vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ optUsage1=23% vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ eval eval echo "<th>Zone $zoneCounter </th><th align=\"left\"> \$optUsage$zoneCounter </th>" -bash: syntax error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in eval eval command to print html tags

anyone has any info on why this is complaining??? vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ zoneCounter=1 vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ optUsage1=23% vivek@vivek-c5e55ef2e ~/TAC $ eval eval echo "<th>Zone $zoneCounter </th><th align=\"left\"> \$optUsage$zoneCounter </th>" -bash: syntax error... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
13 Replies
apropos(1)							   User Commands							apropos(1)

NAME
apropos - locate commands by keyword lookup SYNOPSIS
apropos keyword... DESCRIPTION
The apropos utility displays the man page name, section number, and a short description for each man page whose NAME line contains keyword. This information is contained in the /usr/share/man/windex database created by catman(1M). If catman(1M) was not run, or was run with the -n option, apropos fails. Each word is considered separately and the case of letters is ignored. Words which are part of other words are considered; for example, when looking for `compile', apropos finds all instances of `compiler' also. apropos is actually just the -k option to the man(1) command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: To find a man page whose NAME line contains a keyword Try example% apropos password and example% apropos editor If the line starts `filename(section) ...' you can run man -s section filename to display the man page for filename. Example 2: To find the man page for the subroutine printf() Try example% apropos format and then example% man -s 3s printf to get the manual page on the subroutine printf(). FILES
/usr/share/man/windex table of contents and keyword database ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
man(1), whatis(1), catman(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
/usr/share/man/windex: No such file or directory This database does not exist. catman(1M) must be run to create it. SunOS 5.10 20 Dec 1996 apropos(1)