Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Command line / script option to filter a data set by values of one column Post 302666191 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 4th of July 2012 01:29:03 AM
Old 07-04-2012
Code:
awk '{file="data"$1".txt";print $0 > file}' data.txt

use code tag for posting the data and scripts

https://www.unix.com/how-post-unix-li...code-tags.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change values in certain column only in every line (any script)

Let say in a file I have lines of data like this : 13;2073;461496;15075341;3;001f7d3a;2042063674; 13;2074;461446;15080241;6;001ed33a;2042020154; 13;2075;461401;15085270;6;001f593b;2042054459; 13;2076;461381;15087160;6;001f7483;2042061443; 13;2077;461419;15083419;6;001eca1a;2042017818; I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is a menu or command line option driven script?

i'm confused what this means. i was asked to design a menu or command line option driven script that reads out of a DB and displays info such as read_data.pl -u <user> -e <event> which would print commands run by <user>with the <event> in the db. any suggestions? i've been using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script command line option driven script

could someone show me a sample command line option driven script? i want to see an easy way to write one and how i can execute it using command line options such as typing in read.pl -i <id> -c <cmds> -s <start> -e <end> would read out all the commands run by ID . from start time to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
7 Replies

4. Programming

Reading command line arguments and setting up values if option not provided

I have a C++ program. I read command line arguments, but if the value is not supplied, I default or make a calculation. Let's say I set it to a default value. I can code this in several ways. Here I show three ways. What would be the best way for maintaining this code? The program will get very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : Filter a set of data to parse header line and last field of multiple same match.

Hi Experts, I have a data with multiple entry , I want to filter PKG= & the last column "00060110" or "00088150" in the output file: ############################################################################################### PKG= P8SDB :: VGS = vgP8SOra vgP8SDB1 vgP8S001... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for extracting data from csv file based on column values.

Hi all, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 5 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 5 as below along with their valuesm.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
3 Replies

7. Linux

Filter a .CSV file based on the 5th column values

I have a .CSV file with the below format: "column 1","column 2","column 3","column 4","column 5","column 6","column 7","column 8","column 9","column 10 "12310","42324564756","a simple string with a , comma","string with or, without commas","string 1","USD","12","70%","08/01/2013",""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter out lines containing unique values in a specified column

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain four columns of strings: File1: Code: 123 abc gfh 273 456 ddff jfh 837 789 ghi u4u 395 File2: Code: 123 abc dd fu 456 def 457 nd 891 384 djh 783 I want to compare the strings in Column 1 of File 1 with each other file and Print in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command -Filter rows in fixed width file based on column values

Hi All, I am trying to select the rows in a fixed width file based on values in the columns. I want to select only the rows if column position 3-4 has the value AB I am using cut command to get the column values. Is it possible to check if cut -c3-4 = AB is true then select only that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter file to remove duplicate values in first column

Hello, I have a script that is generating a tab delimited output file. num Name PCA_A1 PCA_A2 PCA_A3 0 compound_00 -3.5054 -1.1207 -2.4372 1 compound_01 -2.2641 0.4287 -1.6120 3 compound_03 -1.3053 1.8495 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
dict(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition							dict(3erl)

NAME
dict - Key-Value Dictionary DESCRIPTION
Dict implements a Key - Value dictionary. The representation of a dictionary is not defined. This module provides exactly the same interface as the module orddict . One difference is that while this module considers two keys as dif- ferent if they do not match ( =:= ), orddict considers two keys as different if and only if they do not compare equal ( == ). DATA TYPES
dictionary() as returned by new/0 EXPORTS
append(Key, Value, Dict1) -> Dict2 Types Key = Value = term() Dict1 = Dict2 = dictionary() This function appends a new Value to the current list of values associated with Key . An exception is generated if the initial value associated with Key is not a list of values. append_list(Key, ValList, Dict1) -> Dict2 Types ValList = [Value] Key = Value = term() Dict1 = Dict2 = dictionary() This function appends a list of values ValList to the current list of values associated with Key . An exception is generated if the initial value associated with Key is not a list of values. erase(Key, Dict1) -> Dict2 Types Key = term() Dict1 = Dict2 = dictionary() This function erases all items with a given key from a dictionary. fetch(Key, Dict) -> Value Types Key = Value = term() Dict = dictionary() This function returns the value associated with Key in the dictionary Dict . fetch assumes that the Key is present in the dictionary and an exception is generated if Key is not in the dictionary. fetch_keys(Dict) -> Keys Types Dict = dictionary() Keys = [term()] This function returns a list of all keys in the dictionary. filter(Pred, Dict1) -> Dict2 Types Pred = fun(Key, Value) -> bool() Key = Value = term() Dict1 = Dict2 = dictionary() Dict2 is a dictionary of all keys and values in Dict1 for which Pred(Key, Value) is true . find(Key, Dict) -> {ok, Value} | error Types Key = Value = term() Dict = dictionary() This function searches for a key in a dictionary. Returns {ok, Value} where Value is the value associated with Key , or error if the key is not present in the dictionary. fold(Fun, Acc0, Dict) -> Acc1 Types Fun = fun(Key, Value, AccIn) -> AccOut Key = Value = term() Acc0 = Acc1 = AccIn = AccOut = term() Dict = dictionary() Calls Fun on successive keys and values of Dict together with an extra argument Acc (short for accumulator). Fun must return a new accumulator which is passed to the next call. Acc0 is returned if the list is empty. The evaluation order is undefined. from_list(List) -> Dict Types List = [{Key, Value}] Dict = dictionary() This function converts the Key - Value list List to a dictionary. is_key(Key, Dict) -> bool() Types Key = term() Dict = dictionary() This function tests if Key is contained in the dictionary Dict . map(Fun, Dict1) -> Dict2 Types Fun = fun(Key, Value1) -> Value2 Key = Value1 = Value2 = term() Dict1 = Dict2 = dictionary() map calls Func on successive keys and values of Dict to return a new value for each key. The evaluation order is undefined. merge(Fun, Dict1, Dict2) -> Dict3 Types Fun = fun(Key, Value1, Value2) -> Value Key = Value1 = Value2 = Value3 = term() Dict1 = Dict2 = Dict3 = dictionary() merge merges two dictionaries, Dict1 and Dict2 , to create a new dictionary. All the Key - Value pairs from both dictionaries are included in the new dictionary. If a key occurs in both dictionaries then Fun is called with the key and both values to return a new value. merge could be defined as: merge(Fun, D1, D2) -> fold(fun (K, V1, D) -> update(K, fun (V2) -> Fun(K, V1, V2) end, V1, D) end, D2, D1). but is faster. new() -> dictionary() This function creates a new dictionary. size(Dict) -> int() Types Dict = dictionary() Returns the number of elements in a Dict . store(Key, Value, Dict1) -> Dict2 Types Key = Value = term() Dict1 = Dict2 = dictionary() This function stores a Key - Value pair in a dictionary. If the Key already exists in Dict1 , the associated value is replaced by Value . to_list(Dict) -> List Types Dict = dictionary() List = [{Key, Value}] This function converts the dictionary to a list representation. update(Key, Fun, Dict1) -> Dict2 Types Key = term() Fun = fun(Value1) -> Value2 Value1 = Value2 = term() Dict1 = Dict2 = dictionary() Update a value in a dictionary by calling Fun on the value to get a new value. An exception is generated if Key is not present in the dictionary. update(Key, Fun, Initial, Dict1) -> Dict2 Types Key = Initial = term() Fun = fun(Value1) -> Value2 Value1 = Value2 = term() Dict1 = Dict2 = dictionary() Update a value in a dictionary by calling Fun on the value to get a new value. If Key is not present in the dictionary then Initial will be stored as the first value. For example append/3 could be defined as: append(Key, Val, D) -> update(Key, fun (Old) -> Old ++ [Val] end, [Val], D). update_counter(Key, Increment, Dict1) -> Dict2 Types Key = term() Increment = number() Dict1 = Dict2 = dictionary() Add Increment to the value associated with Key and store this value. If Key is not present in the dictionary then Increment will be stored as the first value. This could be defined as: update_counter(Key, Incr, D) -> update(Key, fun (Old) -> Old + Incr end, Incr, D). but is faster. NOTES
The functions append and append_list are included so we can store keyed values in a list accumulator . For example: > D0 = dict:new(), D1 = dict:store(files, [], D0), D2 = dict:append(files, f1, D1), D3 = dict:append(files, f2, D2), D4 = dict:append(files, f3, D3), dict:fetch(files, D4). [f1,f2,f3] This saves the trouble of first fetching a keyed value, appending a new value to the list of stored values, and storing the result. The function fetch should be used if the key is known to be in the dictionary, otherwise find . SEE ALSO
gb_trees(3erl) , orddict(3erl) Ericsson AB stdlib 1.17.3 dict(3erl)