Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New operating system and new license Post 302666031 by figaro on Tuesday 3rd of July 2012 02:29:13 PM
Old 07-03-2012
Quality is very hard to measure without having clear metrics on which to measure on. Also stability very much depends on the platform that you use to test or use it on. Here some specifications of the metrics would be useful to have as well.
I am sure you have seen these to guide you further in the process? List of software licenses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also note the very liberal license of SQLite by way of an example how light a license can be: SQLite Copyright

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

I need the Unix operating system on disc as im new to unix. Im studying unix and x windows next year at Sheffield University and would like to get a head start. Any suggestions would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

Can anyone give me info on networking features of the Unix Operating System please. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WaveZero
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operating System

Which is much more powerful as an operating system: 1. Windows 2000 2. Windows 98 3. Windows XP 4. Windows ME 5. Unix 6. Linux and why is it much more powerful than the other operating systems that i have mentioned. thanks for your info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alecks1975
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System?

Hey all, I currently use FreeBSD and linux and have decided I want to use a proper Unix distrobution. Which Unix distro would you members recommend. The only requirments that I have is that I can use some pogramming utilities available. I don't mind the install process. One more thing, I know some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: -zorin
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Fabric Operating System

Would any of your gentlemen have come across a decent reference for the FOS in your wanderings? Brocade just seems to want to sell me classes and FAN books :/ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eronysis
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operating system LINUX

Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced. Each product will be produced in different production line. Ready products will be placed in a buffer area located at the end of each production line. Packaging workers will pack the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paradise
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operating system LINUX

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paradise
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best Operating System

Hello All, I want to install Linux on my machine, so please tell me one thing which is the best to install- 1.)Red Hat 2.)Cent OS 3.)Red Hat 4.)Ubuntu 5.)Fedora except that if there is any please tell me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What's my Operating System

Can we know the operating given the IP address or DNS of the host. All I have is file://myserver/myapp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
grass-sqlite(1grass)						Grass User's Manual					      grass-sqlite(1grass)

NAME
grass-sqlite - SQLite driver SQLite driver SQLite driver in GRASS Creating a SQLite database GRASS is automatically creating the SQLite database if it is not yet existing when the first table is created in the SQLite database. It is sufficient to define the connection (see next step). Connecting GRASS to SQLite The database name 'sqlite.db' is at user's choice. Also the file storage location can be freely chosen. If the database does not exist, it will be automatically created when database content is created: # example for storing DB in mapset directory (keep single quotes): db.connect driver=sqlite database='$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite.db' db.connect -p Supported SQL commands All SQL commands supported by SQLite (for limitations, see SQLite help page: SQL As Understood By SQLite and Unsupported SQL). Operators available in conditions All SQL operators supported by SQLite. Browsing table data in DB A convenient SQLite front-end is sqlitebrowser. To open a DB file stored within the current mapset, the following way is suggested (corre- sponds to above database connection): eval `g.gisenv` # use double quotes: sqlitebrowser "$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET"/sqlite.db SEE ALSO
db.connect, db.execute, db.select SQL support in GRASS GIS SQLite web site, SQLite manual, sqlite - Management Tools Last changed: $Date: 2011-02-07 18:59:50 +0100 (Mon, 07 Feb 2011) $ Help Index GRASS 6.4.2 grass-sqlite(1grass)