Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Openserver 5.0.5 - logon delay Post 302665901 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2012 10:33:08 AM
Old 07-03-2012
Has the load on the server increased over time or the number of telnet logins increased over time? Could this be load related in any way?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't logon

I stupidly changed the shell of the root user to one that does not exist, and now when I try to lgon it says it cannot find the path to my shell and will not let me proceed any further. Is there any way I can get round this without re-installing the OS? Thanks for any replies. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SRP
8 Replies

2. SCO

Logon Problem

Hellow, I am using SCO Unixware version 7.1.1 on a machine, when I start this machine, after logon, one message window appears " Message ! with Ok button ", when I click on Ok button it again goes to logon windows. Can somebody help me regarding this. Thanks in advance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

logon to ssh

Hi, I need to run a command remotely, rsh is disabled so I'm trying to do this: ssh myserver ls -lst /work/jsf The problem is that this prompts for a password and I want to do it in a shell script. How can I pass the password without user interaction? I tried "echo mypass | ssh_command" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocky_triton
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logon script

Hi: I am wondering if anyone has a logon script to be put in /etc/profile or environments that will display the logged on username and path? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

About Logon

hi how can I know abt the details of current user who are logged on and as well as those users who currently have an account but are not logged on? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

6. Solaris

ssh logon

Hi I am envountring a problem while I login using ssh on a sun box to a remote box. I use ssh user@server and it takes long time to ask for a password.. does anyone knows the reason behind this? or is there a way that this could be solved Thanks, Antony (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
8 Replies

7. AIX

aix logon

how do I create a script to logon to db2inst1 with a password , then issue db2 command :( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trekme
5 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cannot logon using elinks

There are some computers in the firm that have no GUI, so I use elinks (ELinks - Full-Featured Text WWW Browser) to access the internet. However, logging onto the unix.com forums is not possible, because the page hangs at "Thank you for logging onto the forums, " There is also a line "Please click... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Delay after invalid SSH logon?

I am trying to configure a 4 second delay between failed login attempts on SSH. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ssh logon delay

OS - Oracle Linux 5.6 and 6.3 (Oracle Linux is based on Red Hat). Background: I have several OL 5.6 virtual machines running under Virtual Box on my Win7 Pro desktop. Due to the way VBox handles networking through the network adapter it installs on the host OS, I build my vm's with 2 virtual... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
8 Replies
dispatch_benchmark(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				     dispatch_benchmark(3)

NAME
dispatch_benchmark -- Measures block execution time SYNOPSIS
#include <dispatch/dispatch.h> uint64_t dispatch_benchmark(size_t count, void (^block)(void)); uint64_t dispatch_benchmark_f(size_t count, void *context, void (*function)(void *)); DESCRIPTION
The dispatch_benchmark() function executes the given block multiple times according to the count variable and then returns the average number of nanoseconds per execution. This function is for debugging and performance analysis work. For the best results, pass a high count value to dispatch_benchmark(). When benchmarking concurrent code, please compare the serial version of the code against the concurrent version, and compare the concurrent version on different classes of hardware. Please look for inflection points with various data sets and keep the following facts in mind: o Code bound by computational bandwidth may be inferred by proportional changes in performance as concurrency is increased. o Code bound by memory bandwidth may be inferred by negligible changes in performance as concurrency is increased. o Code bound by critical sections may be inferred by retrograde changes in performance as concurrency is increased. o Intentional: locks, mutexes, and condition variables. o Accidental: unrelated and frequently modified data on the same cache-line. RETURN VALUE
The dispatch_benchmark() function returns the average number of nanoseconds the given block takes to execute. SEE ALSO
dispatch(3) Darwin May 1, 2009 Darwin