Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting storing large data in unix array variable Post 302665733 by methyl on Tuesday 3rd of July 2012 06:07:40 AM
Old 07-03-2012
Forget the array. I would use a sqlplus spool command to create the output file, then read it back in the subsequent process.

However, I can't see the point of the intermediate file/array unless perhaps there are two independent databases or two different Oracle acconts. Any reason to not just invoke nextbilldtm_change in the first program?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Need to split a large data file using a Unix script

Greetings all: I am still new to Unix environment and I need help with the following requirement. I have a large sequential file sorted on a field (say store#) that is being split into several smaller files, one for each store. That means if there are 500 stores, there will be 500 files. This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SAIK
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to read the data from an excel sheet and use those data as variable in the unix c

I have 3 columns in an excel sheet. c1 c2 c3 EIP_ACCOUNT SMALL_TS_01 select A.* from acc; All the above 3 col shoud be passed a variable in the unix code. 1.How to read an excel file 2.How to pass these data as variable to the unic script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Grace
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing count(*) into unix variable

Hi, I've just started on unix shell scripting a few days ago. I tried look for the solution to my problem over the net but to no avail. The objective of my script is to count the number of records in a particular table from a Oracle database. Ok, here's my problem, when I run this script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mervinboyz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering some data and storing the remaing to a variable.

Hi, i have a problem writing a script. Actually i have many files which contains some data, now the last line has some data as in the format : 2556||04-04-10 now i want to do tail -1 filename.txt and store the result into a variable which will be used later for some other calculations. My... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing data in perl 2D array

Respected All, Kindly help me out. I have got file listings in a directory like this: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115149 2011-11-17 07:15 file1.stat.log -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115149 2011-11-18 08:15 file2.stat.log -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115149 2011-11-19 09:15 file3.stat.log -rw-r--r-- 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teknokid1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store Large data in Variable in csh

Hi All, This is my first post!! :) How to store huge data in a single variable in csh. Right now i can store upto ~700kb of data. I still want to store more data and i dont want to use perl. Is there any method to store like that...Please let me know.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing multiple values in a array variable

Am using a find command in my script .The output may be one or more. I need to store those values in a array and need to access those. Am unable to find the solution . Any help on this will be helpful. if < code> else a=<find command output which gives the file name either 1 or more> if 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Large amount of data put into an array

This basic code works. I have a very long list, almost 10000 lines that I am building into the array. Each line has either 2 or 3 fields as shown in the code snippit. The array elements are static (for a few reasons that out of scope of this question) the list has to be "built in". It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays: rebin/interpolate smaller array to large array

hello, i need a bit of help on how to do this effectively in bash without a lot of extra looping or massive switch/case i have a long array of M elements and a short array of N elements, so M > N always. M is not a multiple of N. for case 1, I want to stretch N to fit M arrayHuge H = (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Transpose large data in UNIX

Hi I have the following sample of data: my full data dimention is 900,000* 1119 rs987435 C G 1 1 1 0 2 rs345783 C G 0 0 1 0 0 rs955894 G T 1 1 2 2 1 rs6088791 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marwah
7 Replies
variable(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       variable(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
variable - create and initialize a namespace variable SYNOPSIS
variable ?name value...? name ?value? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is normally used within a namespace eval command to create one or more variables within a namespace. Each variable name is initialized with value. The value for the last variable is optional. If a variable name does not exist, it is created. In this case, if value is specified, it is assigned to the newly created variable. If no value is specified, the new variable is left undefined. If the variable already exists, it is set to value if value is specified or left unchanged if no value is given. Normally, name is unqualified (does not include the names of any containing namespaces), and the variable is created in the current namespace. If name includes any namespace qualifiers, the variable is created in the specified names- pace. If the variable is not defined, it will be visible to the namespace which command, but not to the info exists command. If the variable command is executed inside a Tcl procedure, it creates local variables linked to the corresponding namespace variables (and therefore these variables are listed by info vars.) In this way the variable command resembles the global command, although the global command only links to variables in the global namespace. If any values are given, they are used to modify the values of the associated namespace variables. If a namespace variable does not exist, it is created and optionally initialized. A name argument cannot reference an element within an array. Instead, name should reference the entire array, and the initialization value should be left off. After the variable has been declared, elements within the array can be set using ordinary set or array commands. EXAMPLES
Create a variable in a namespace: namespace eval foo { variable bar 12345 } Create an array in a namespace: namespace eval someNS { variable someAry array set someAry { someName someValue otherName otherValue } } Access variables in namespaces from a procedure: namespace eval foo { proc spong {} { # Variable in this namespace variable bar puts "bar is $bar" # Variable in another namespace variable ::someNS::someAry parray someAry } } SEE ALSO
global(n), namespace(n), upvar(n) KEYWORDS
global, namespace, procedure, variable Tcl 8.0 variable(n)