Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding a cron job that will execute everyday at 14:50 hrs Post 302665723 by saurabhkoar on Tuesday 3rd of July 2012 05:31:38 AM
Old 07-03-2012
Adding a cron job that will execute everyday at 14:50 hrs

Hi
I want to execute a cron job everyday at 14:50 hrs. I have a script like this:

Code:
 TMP_FILE="/tmp/tmpcron.txt"
 RES=0
 /usr/bin/crontab -l >> $TMP_FILE
 ADD_JOB="50 14 * * * /opt/mypath/scriptname.sh"
 grep "scriptname.sh" $TMP_FILE >> /dev/null
 JOB_NOT_EXIST=$?
 if test $JOB_NOT_EXIST == 1
 then
        echo "$ADD_JOB" >> $TMP_FILE
        /usr/bin/crontab $TMP_FILE >> /dev/null
        RES=$?
 fi

rm $TMP_FILE
 exit $RES

However it is not getting executed at 14:50 Hrs. Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Last edited by methyl; 07-03-2012 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job -- to execute at every first Sunday of every month

Dear all How can I schedule the cronjob to be run sometime at every first Sunday at every month? I have the edit the cronjob every month now, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanemcmahon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON job to execute all scripts in a directory

Hi everyone: I'm trying to make a CRON job that will execute Fridays at 7am. I have the following: * 7 * * 5 I've been studying up on CRON and I know to have this in a file and then "crontab filename.txt" to add it to the CRON job list. The CRON part I believe I understand, but I would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annorax
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script is taking more than 3 hrs to execute

Hi I am doing a process of converting all the values of key column into a row, for eg Key col1 col2 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 3 1 3 1 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvuradi
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a cron job needs a perl script to execute

Hello evreyone, this is my first post, and to say i'm new to this is an understatement. I know very little about perl scripts and hope some one can help me. i'm looking to get a script that a cron job can execute. what the script needs to to is 1) connect to a mysql database 2) go to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exader
2 Replies

5. Solaris

cron job starts new cron proccess

I run cron in solaris 10 zone. One cron job which syncing files to nfs mounted on container, creates after finishing another cron proccess(/usr/sbin/cron), and after 100 existing cron proccesses next cron job will not start. It's too weird for me, I'm not able to solve this problem. Theoretically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron76
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a new root cron job

Hi there, I have over 2000 systems (mainly Solaris) and I want to write a script that inserts a new root cronjob on each of those servers. obviously just adding a line to /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root looks like the easiest way, but i really dont want to have to send a HUP to crond on all boxes ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Been working since 25+ hrs: Bash Script to rename files supposedly direct but difficult to execute

:wall::wall::wall: Hi I have horrible script below, need help in renaming ls -l output into new filename format: Desired output: cp -pv original_path/.* newDirectory/owner_of_file.%dd%mm%y.file_extension.first_8_characters_of_original_filename localuser@localuser:~ vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commented cron job -- cron monitoring

Hi I have a requirement to write a shell script,that will check the all commented job in cron job.Please help !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX cron job is running everyday instead of on a particular day

Hello, I was trying to run a script on a dev server using cron job. It supposed to run 3rd sunday of every month. 45 4 15-21 * 0 /home/user1/myscript.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 # run this script 3rd sunday of every month When I Schedule it on AIX server, It is running every day at 4:45 AM. am I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kumar7997
3 Replies