Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with merging two CSV files Post 302665695 by bartus11 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2012 04:06:23 AM
Old 07-03-2012
Try:
Code:
awk -F, 'NR==FNR{for (i=3;i<=NF;i++) a[$1","$2]=a[$1","$2]","$i;next}{$0=$0""a[$1","$2]}1' file1.txt file2.txt

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging CSV data using a one liner from shell?

I'm trying to merge multiple CSV (comma separated value) files into one large master file. All files have a field that is unique to act as the key for entry/merging into the master file & and all files have the same number of fields that are in the master file. I'll give an example here: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinca
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging 2 .CSV files in Unix

I need a little help as I am a complete novice at scripting in unix. However, i am posed with an issue...:eek: i have two csv files in the following format@ FILE1.CSV: HEADER HEADER Header , , HEADER 001X ,,200 002X ,,300 003X ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chachabronson
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging Non-Empty Columns within a CSV

I am trying to place all my data in a single row (order doesn't matter). Note I am a Unix novice, so please go easy on me. Here is an example Raw data: row# (1) 45 64 23 (2) 32 1 6 56 (3) 32 45 Needs to be like this: row# (1) 45 (2) 32 (3) 32 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmann1123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files to create CSV file

Hi, I have different files of the same type, as: Time: 100 snr: 88 perf: 10 other: 222 Each of these files are created periodically. What I need to do is to merge all of them into one but having the following form: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravendark
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging two CSV files by 3 primary keys (columns)

Hi there! I have the following problem: I have a set of files called rates_op_yyyyddmm with the format below (which corresponds to the file rates_op_20090130) 30-JAN-2009,ED,FEB09,C,96.375,,,0,,,,,,2.375,,,,,, 30-JAN-2009,ED,FEB09,C,96.5,,,0,,,,,,2.25,,,,,,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pep Puigvert
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching lines across multiple csv files and merging a particular field

I have about 20 CSV's that all look like this: "","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""What I've been told I need to produce is the exact same thing, but with each file now containing the start_code from every other file where the email matches. It doesn't matter if any of the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Demosthenes
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging all (48) CSV files from a directory

I have 48 csv files in my directory that all have this form: Storm Speed (mph),43.0410781151 Storm motion direction (degrees),261.580774982 MLCAPE,2450.54098661 MLCIN,-9.85040520279 MLLCL,230 MLLFC,1070.39871 MLEL,207.194689294 MLCT,Not enough data Sbcape,2203.97617778... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RissaR
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging CSV fields based on a common field

Hi List, I have two files. File1 contains all of the data I require to be processed, and I need to add another field to this data by matching a common field in File2 and appending a corresponding field to the data in File1 based on the match... So: File 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landossa
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Very large CSV files in Unix

Hi, I have two very large CSV files, which I want to merge (equi-join) based on a key (column). One of the file (say F1) would have ~30 MM records and 700 columns. The other file (~f2) would have same # of records and lesser columns (say 50). I want to create an output file joining on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: student_007
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging fields in CSV

Hi experts, I have a csv file which has one field (ID) repeated multiple times with corresponding other field values. I need to convert this file in a format where for a ID all other values has to be present in single field. For Eg : Here in below file ID 1 is repeated 3 times with different... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathbangalor
7 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)