Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing blanks, spaces
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing blanks, spaces Post 302665679 by sususa on Tuesday 3rd of July 2012 03:54:32 AM
Old 07-03-2012
Thanks alot for the reply.

Code:
I tried sed 's/^ *//' temp | awk '/\|$/{printf $0;next}1' its giving me error .
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: bailing out near line 1

Plz help to get out of this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing spaces

hey.. i had a problem with the unix command when i want to remove the white spaces in a string..i guess i cud do it with a sed command but i get an error when i give space in the square brackets.. string="nh hjh llk" p=`echo $string | sed 's/ //g'` i donno how to give space charater and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahithi_khushi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing spaces...

Hey, I'm using the command from this thread https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/590-converting-list-into-line.html to convert vertical lines to horzontal lines. But I need to remove the spaces that is created. Unfortunately I can't figure out where the space is in the code.. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces from data

Hi, I want to remove spaces from data. Data is: 1,aa ,21, 22 2,a a ,23 ,24 3, ,25 ,26 output should be: 1,aa,21,22 2,a a,23,24 3, ,25,26 i.e i have to remove leading and trailing spaces.Not the space between data and also i dont want to remove the space if data is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blanks in a text tab delimited file

Hi Experts I am very new to perl and need to make a script using perl. I would like to remove blanks in a text tab delimited file in in a specfic column range ( colum 21 to column 43) sample input and output shown below : Input: 117 102 650 652 654 656 117 93 95... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Faisal Riaz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces in a line

Hi All, I have a line like this " field1;field2;field3 " (single space after and before double quotes). Now i have to remove these single space . Kindly help me. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces within Filename

Hello, I have a Folder (myfile) which contain the following files: P$12789865KR +N+01+OM+16102009165416.nu P$M1-508962GD +N+01+ALP+14102009094417.nu Is there a sed command(s) that will loop through this folder and remove the spaces that exists in the filename? Any help would be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fishn
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing spaces in filenames

I have a problem mounting images because of the spaces in the filenames. Does anyone know how to rename files by removing the spaces with the find command? find Desktop/$dir -name "*.dmg" -print -exec ??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianebaj
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing spaces in the second field alone

Consider my input string as "abc|b f g|bj gy" I am expecting the output as "abc|bfg|bj gy". Please let me know how to achieve this in unix? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces between parenthesis ()

Hello, i 've go a file with the following text: oracle@das (J005) 0 oracle@das (J008) 0 oracle@das (J050) 0 oracle@das (J038) ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
15 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)