Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE How to Patch SuSe machine including Kernel. Post 302665427 by OptimusPrime1 on Monday 2nd of July 2012 01:31:04 PM
Old 07-02-2012
How to Patch SuSe machine including Kernel.

Thanks guys I have machines running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11

I need to update the Kernel too.....

Any suggestion on how to proceed?

Thanks a lot...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

max number of slabs per kernel module (kernel 2.6.17, suse)

Hi All, Is there a max number of slabs that can be used per kernel module? I'm having a tough time finding out that kind of information, but the array 'node_zonelists' (mmzone.h) has a size of 5. I just want to avoid buffer overruns and other bad stuff. Cheers, Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
4 Replies

2. Linux

kernel patch update how to

Hi All, I need to update my redhatas4 kernel with kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm. When I run this # rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm warning: user brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: group brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: user brewbuilder does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How can i see kernel patch version?

Hello experts. How can i see kernel patch version? what are advantages applying that patch? Thanx in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appling Patch to kernel

Hello everybody, I have downloaded kernel version 3.10.21 and the same version of patch. the question is do I need to apply this patch which is the same version of kernel or is it intended for lower versions of kernel. thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies
Parse::DebControl::Patch(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Parse::DebControl::Patch(3pm)

NAME
Parse::DebControl::Patch - Easy OO parsing of debian patch file metadata (DEP3) data SYNOPSIS
use Parse::DebControl::Patch $parser = new Parse::DebControl::Patch; $data = $parser->parse_mem($control_data, $options); $data = $parser->parse_file('./debian/control', $options); $data = $parser->parse_web($url, $options); DESCRIPTION
The patch-file metadata specification (DEP3) diverts from the normal debian/control rules primarly of the "free-form" field specification. To handle this we most create an parser specifically for this format and hardcode these rules direclty into the code. As we will always only have one block of data, we will return the hashref directly instead of enclosing it into an array. The field B<Forwarded> is magic and will always exists in the out data, even if not specified in the indata. It can only have three values, I<yes>, I<no>, and I<not-needed>. If not specified it will have the value I<yes>. COPYRIGHT
Parse::DebControl is copyright 2003,2004 Jay Bonci <jaybonci@cpan.org>. Parse::DebControl::Patch is copyright 2009 Carl FA~Xrstenberg <azatoth@gmail.com>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-04-18 Parse::DebControl::Patch(3pm)