Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSI or not??
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing SSI or not?? Post 302665403 by navic on Monday 2nd of July 2012 12:28:22 PM
Old 07-02-2012
SSI or not??

I'm new to HPC so forgive me if this question is extremely simple.

I have a cluster and each node has multiple NICs. I need the master to be able to see the nodes NICs as if they were it's own. The vision is being able to run ifconfig and see a bunch of ethX entries on the master when in fact say eth1 - eth15 are located on other nodes.

While researching a solution I came across OpenSSI and thought this would provide the correct functionality, but the only thing I can do is list the local interfaces on nodes with the 'node X ifconfig' command.

Is SSI even the technology that'll make node interfaces look local to the master or am I barking up the wrong tree? Does anyone have experience with a system as described?

Thanks!

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the unix answer to SSI?

On websites I build one thing I like to use is SSI to make it easier for the owner of the site to update parts of it him/herself. So the text of a page is keep in a simple .txt file, which the main page calls. Unix does not support this (I'm told), is there a similar system I can use with UNIX?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garrettcarr
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSI related Unix In (link) support needed

I have multiple web sites and have SSI all working fine! but I want a script that allows me to place a SSI script (or .html) on any web site within my server - One problem, SSI is limited to files located within the file structure - I want to access a file outside, (but still on my server) I found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnzule
1 Replies
clinfo(1M)						  System Administration Commands						clinfo(1M)

NAME
clinfo - display cluster information SYNOPSIS
clinfo [-nh] DESCRIPTION
The clinfo command displays cluster configuration information about the node from which the command is executed. Without arguments, clinfo returns an exit status of 0 if the node is configured and booted as part of a cluster. Otherwise, clinfo returns an exit status of 1. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Displays the highest node number allowed to be configured. This is different from the maximum number of nodes supported in a given cluster. The current highest configured node number can change immediately after the command returns since new nodes can be dynami- cally added to a running cluster. For example, clinfo -h might return 64, meaning that the highest number you can use to identify a node is 64. See the Sun Cluster 3.0 System Administration Guide for a description of utilities you can use to determine the number of nodes in a cluster. -n Prints the number of the node from which clinfo is executed. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. This is usually because the node is not configured or booted as part of a cluster. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 12 Mar 2002 clinfo(1M)