Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install hangs on laptop
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Install hangs on laptop Post 302665297 by mark54g on Monday 2nd of July 2012 09:35:36 AM
Old 07-02-2012
the AMD issue is a red herring. Both AMD and Intel are x86 compatible. In fact, AMD had 64bit support for x86 well before intel decided to adopt AMD's standard.

I think you may have an issue with the laptop.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install linux in laptop

Dear expert I want to install a linux on laptop and it will be the only os on that laptop I checked many sites to checked that but i worry about somthings. first the model of the laptop it is Toshiba Satellite 440CDX and its sepecification is 1.8 GB hard disk P1 133MH with MMX technology... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RuDe_BuT_CoOoL
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIM install hangs on LED 0608

Hi guys, I am trying to install a new machine via nim but it is hanging on 0608 => it should be a network issue here the situation hoping you will be able to help: server NIM on a subnet/IP 10.36.12.64 client on 161.43.56.25 the ping test is successful but when I launch the isntall it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
9 Replies

3. Solaris

I want to install x386 on my laptop

All, I want to install x386 Solaris 10 on my laptop. Is there a tool avaialable to see if my laptop's hardware components are supported? Thanks in advance, Max (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m@dm@x
2 Replies

4. Solaris

can't install solaris 10 on toshiba laptop

i had a toshiba laptop ( satellite L20 - 100) and i'm trying to install solaris 10 ...but it doesn't complete the setup from the very first begining it gives me this msg: unable to reset device //pci@0,0/pci1179,ff31@1d,2 can anybody help me installing solaris on the pc??? also can the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimydoom
2 Replies

5. Linux

HDD not recognised while trying to install Linux enterprise on HP laptop

Hi, Can anyone give me the clue to my problem which is hdd not recognised when l tried to install linux enterprise edition on my laptop HP compaq nc6320 centrino. thanxs (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Install Hangs

Greetings Forumers! I tried installing Solaris Cluster 3.3 today. I should say I tried configuring the Cluster today. The software is already installed on two systems. I am trying to configure a shared filesystem between two 6320 Blades. I selected the "Custom" install because the "Typical"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

8. Solaris

10_Recommended patches install - hangs!

Got a Solaris 10 05/09 machine recently built. Trying to run installcluster --s10cluster like Ive done loads of times before. On this particular machine, it just sits there, no output on command line. Any ideas what to try to see whats going wrong? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulfoel
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies

10. Linux

Clean Install of Linux on Laptop

I have not been a Windows user at home since the first Intel Macs came out and I am thinking of moving to Linux and putting either Fedora or Ubuntu on a laptop as a clean install. However, I am hearing horror stories of those who have attempted the same thing with laptops with Windows 8.1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfaloney
4 Replies
SND_ICH(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						SND_ICH(4)

NAME
snd_ich -- Intel ICH AC'97 and compatible bridge device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device sound device snd_ich Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): snd_ich_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The snd_ich bridge driver allows the generic audio driver sound(4) to attach to Intel ICH AC'97 and compatible audio devices. Some later chips, like ICH6/ICH7, depending on wiring can instead implement newer Intel HD Audio specification, which is supported by snd_hda(4) driver. HARDWARE
The snd_ich driver supports the following audio devices: o AMD 768 o AMD 8111 o Intel 443MX o Intel ICH o Intel ICH revision 1 o Intel ICH2 o Intel ICH3 o Intel ICH4 o Intel ICH5 o Intel ICH6 o Intel ICH7 o NVIDIA nForce o NVIDIA nForce2 o NVIDIA nForce2 400 o NVIDIA nForce3 o NVIDIA nForce3 250 o NVIDIA nForce4 o SiS 7012 SEE ALSO
sound(4), snd_hda(4) HISTORY
The snd_ich device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.2. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Jorge Mario G. Mazo <jgutie11@eafit.edu.co>. BSD
January 6, 2009 BSD