Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux clarification for cmd excution Post 302665157 by itkamaraj on Monday 2nd of July 2012 05:15:39 AM
Old 07-02-2012
@Mani,

when will you use codetag ?

https://www.unix.com/how-post-unix-li...code-tags.html

---------- Post updated at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 PM ----------

Already 6 times, we advised you to use the CODE tag while posting the data or script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need clarification

Hi All, I am using Korn Shell HP UNIX and i am writing my scripts with filename extension as ksh or sh .. I want to know what is the difference if i am giving ksh and sh Other thing when we execute the shell script either we make it as executable and run directly else we give '.' or 'sh'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm closing automatically after command excution

Hi, I have a commands in a file called commands.file, I am using this file with the following commnad xterm -e "commands.file" After executing this file in the new xterm, it is closing automatically. I want to use that xterm after that. Please help me regarding this? :) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitubek
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To find the time of excution of a particular unix command

Hi experts, It would be grateful if you can guide me on the following, 1.How to find the time of excution of a particular unix command. 2. How to find the terminal (IP Address) from where that particular unix command was excuted. 3. How to find the user who executed that particular unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parallel excution for 2000 files.

Hi, I have a function abc(). i am calling the function 9 times. it is working fine and completed the script execution 10 hours. input files: CUSTOMER_INFO_1111_12345.csv CUSTOMER_INFO_1222_12345.csv CUSTOMER_INFO_1322_12345.csv CUSTOMER_INFO_1333_12345.csv CUSTOMER_INFO_1151_12345.csv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excution Problems with loading huge data content and convert it

Hi, I got long list of referred file content: CGTGCFTGCGTFREDG PEOGDKGJDGKLJGKL DFGDSFIODUFIODSUF FSDOFJSODIFJSIODFJ DSFSDFDFSDOFJFOSF SDFOSDJFOJFPPIPIOP . . . Input file content: >sample_1 SDFDSKLFKDSLSDFSDFDFGDSFIODUFIODSUFSDDSFDSSDFDSFAS (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl open(CMD, "cmd |"); buffering problem..

Hello, There's a third-party application's command that shows the application's status like "tail -f verybusy.log". When use the command, the output comes every 1-sec. but when it goes in a script below the output comes every 8-sec...What is the problem and how can I fix it? open(CMD,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
2 Replies

9. Programming

Expext Script excution problem..

Hey Guys , iam trying to match to string in TCL scripts but it not working . Its only working true condition to print yes.. When condtion fail then even it prints YES Any suggestion this ?? if {} { puts"yes" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hackerdilli
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Customized command excution

Hi, The below commands will be inside a KSH script and SOLARIS machine. Command-1 //Executes in 10s,5s,..5mins,etc TIMER = Look for Command-1 execution status - IF finished in 25secs move to next command in the script IF NOT kill above command and move to next command. Command-2 Any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: penqueen
9 Replies
sar(1M)                                                   System Administration Commands                                                   sar(1M)

NAME
sar, sa1, sa2, sadc - system activity report package SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sadc [ t n] [ofile] /usr/lib/sa/sa1 [ t n] /usr/lib/sa/sa2 [-aAbcdgkmpqruvwy] [-e time] [-f filename] [-i sec] [-s time] DESCRIPTION
System activity data can be accessed at the special request of a user (see sar(1)) and automatically, on a routine basis, as described here. The operating system contains several counters that are incremented as various system actions occur. These include counters for CPU utilization, buffer usage, disk and tape I/O activity, TTY device activity, switching and system-call activity, file-access, queue activ- ity, inter-process communications, and paging. For more general system statistics, use iostat(1M), sar(1), or vmstat(1M). sadc and two shell procedures, sa1 and sa2, are used to sample, save, and process this data. sadc, the data collector, samples system data n times, with an interval of t seconds between samples, and writes in binary format to ofile or to standard output. The sampling interval t should be greater than 5 seconds; otherwise, the activity of sadc itself may affect the sam- ple. If t and n are omitted, a special record is written. This facility can be used at system boot time, when booting to a multi-user state, to mark the time at which the counters restart from zero. For example, when accounting is enabled, the svc:/sys- tem/sar:default service writes the restart mark to the daily data file using the command entry: su sys -c "/usr/lib/sa/sadc /var/adm/sa/sa'date +%d'" The shell script sa1, a variant of sadc, is used to collect and store data in the binary file /var/adm/sa/sadd, where dd is the current day. The arguments t and n cause records to be written n times at an interval of t seconds, or once if omitted. The following entries in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/sys will produce records every 20 minutes during working hours and hourly otherwise: 0 * * * 0-6 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 20,40 8-17 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 See crontab(1) for details. The shell script sa2, a variant of sar, writes a daily report in the file /var/adm/sa/sardd. See the OPTIONS section in sar(1) for an explanation of the various options. The following entry in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/sys will report important activities hourly during the working day: 5 18 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -s 8:00 -e 18:01 -i 1200 -A FILES
/tmp/sa.adrfl address file /var/adm/sa/sadd Daily data file /var/adm/sa/sardd Daily report file /var/spool/cron/crontabs/sys ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWaccu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
crontab(1), sag(1), sar(1), svcs(1), timex(1), iostat(1M), svcadm(1M), vmstat(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration NOTES
The sar service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/sar Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 20 Aug 2004 sar(1M)