Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting storing large data in unix array variable Post 302665139 by ankitknit on Monday 2nd of July 2012 04:45:31 AM
Old 07-02-2012
storing large data in unix array variable

Hi,

I have table in sql ..from this table im storing the first coloumn values in shell array variable ...

after this passing this variable as an arugument in SQL procedure.

But the proc. is running fine only for 1024 values in array ...

How to store more than 1024 values in the array so that all the values would be affected after calling the proc.

Plz reply soon.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Need to split a large data file using a Unix script

Greetings all: I am still new to Unix environment and I need help with the following requirement. I have a large sequential file sorted on a field (say store#) that is being split into several smaller files, one for each store. That means if there are 500 stores, there will be 500 files. This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SAIK
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to read the data from an excel sheet and use those data as variable in the unix c

I have 3 columns in an excel sheet. c1 c2 c3 EIP_ACCOUNT SMALL_TS_01 select A.* from acc; All the above 3 col shoud be passed a variable in the unix code. 1.How to read an excel file 2.How to pass these data as variable to the unic script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Grace
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing count(*) into unix variable

Hi, I've just started on unix shell scripting a few days ago. I tried look for the solution to my problem over the net but to no avail. The objective of my script is to count the number of records in a particular table from a Oracle database. Ok, here's my problem, when I run this script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mervinboyz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering some data and storing the remaing to a variable.

Hi, i have a problem writing a script. Actually i have many files which contains some data, now the last line has some data as in the format : 2556||04-04-10 now i want to do tail -1 filename.txt and store the result into a variable which will be used later for some other calculations. My... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing data in perl 2D array

Respected All, Kindly help me out. I have got file listings in a directory like this: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115149 2011-11-17 07:15 file1.stat.log -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115149 2011-11-18 08:15 file2.stat.log -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 115149 2011-11-19 09:15 file3.stat.log -rw-r--r-- 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teknokid1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store Large data in Variable in csh

Hi All, This is my first post!! :) How to store huge data in a single variable in csh. Right now i can store upto ~700kb of data. I still want to store more data and i dont want to use perl. Is there any method to store like that...Please let me know.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing multiple values in a array variable

Am using a find command in my script .The output may be one or more. I need to store those values in a array and need to access those. Am unable to find the solution . Any help on this will be helpful. if < code> else a=<find command output which gives the file name either 1 or more> if 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Large amount of data put into an array

This basic code works. I have a very long list, almost 10000 lines that I am building into the array. Each line has either 2 or 3 fields as shown in the code snippit. The array elements are static (for a few reasons that out of scope of this question) the list has to be "built in". It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays: rebin/interpolate smaller array to large array

hello, i need a bit of help on how to do this effectively in bash without a lot of extra looping or massive switch/case i have a long array of M elements and a short array of N elements, so M > N always. M is not a multiple of N. for case 1, I want to stretch N to fit M arrayHuge H = (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Transpose large data in UNIX

Hi I have the following sample of data: my full data dimention is 900,000* 1119 rs987435 C G 1 1 1 0 2 rs345783 C G 0 0 1 0 0 rs955894 G T 1 1 2 2 1 rs6088791 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marwah
7 Replies
set(n)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							    set(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
set - Read and write variables SYNOPSIS
set varName ?value? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns the value of variable varName. If value is specified, then set the value of varName to value, creating a new variable if one doesn't already exist, and return its value. If varName contains an open parenthesis and ends with a close parenthesis, then it refers to an array element: the characters before the first open parenthesis are the name of the array, and the characters between the parentheses are the index within the array. Otherwise varName refers to a scalar variable. Normally, varName is unqualified (does not include the names of any containing namespaces), and the variable of that name in the current namespace is read or written. If varName includes names- pace qualifiers (in the array name if it refers to an array element), the variable in the specified namespace is read or written. If no procedure is active, then varName refers to a namespace variable (global variable if the current namespace is the global namespace). If a procedure is active, then varName refers to a parameter or local variable of the procedure unless the global command was invoked to declare varName to be global, or unless a variable command was invoked to declare varName to be a namespace variable. SEE ALSO
expr(n), proc(n), trace(n), unset(n) KEYWORDS
read, write, variable Tcl set(n)