Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unable to connect to sqlplus from unix Post 302664909 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 1st of July 2012 11:08:02 AM
Old 07-01-2012
For older versions of oracle you have to have:

ORACLE_HOME variable defined
$ORACLE_HOME/bin in your PATH variable
ORACLE_SID [optional] defined as your oracle instance name.

Code:
# ORACLE_SID is required to use sqlplus this way:
sqlplus username/passwd
#otherwise
sqlplus username/passwd@instance_name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to sqlplus in a script

Hi, I want to write a script, in which I will connect to sqlplus and do a quary and then exit sqlplus user/pwd@database select count(*) from table exit. and write the result in a log file. How to write it ? Many thanks before. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to sqlplus from shell

I'm writting a shell script and at the begining I login to sqlplus by sqlplus -l user_name/password@instance what I would like is to check if the database is down or not , and if the database has started moved to the next step else sleep for a certain time and then check again . I know how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aya_r
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to start sqlplus from unx

I want to execute sqlplus command from unix environment.Infact I enter the command Here is what I entered. $ pwd /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0_64/TSTGDPB/bin $ ls -l sqlplus -rwxr-x--x 1 oragdpb oinstall 1062664 Oct 18 2005 sqlplus $ whoami bpt3a1 $ sqlplus /bin/ksh: sqlplus: not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MSHETTY
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connect sqlplus from unix

hi, I have this basic query. I have created a new user on unix. I have given home directory and permission through chmod to create directory stucture. Now need to connect sqlplus. What permissions should we give, so that this works? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Neha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehak
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SQLPLUS unable to execte query automatically from solaris script

Hi, I am trying to execte the .sql file(which contain the two different sql query) from solaris script using sqlplus command, the script is executing successfully but the issue is when i execute the script, it is not terminating automatically, for example if i put one sql statement then i have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotisree
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to connect to Internet

Hi friends recently i have installed SXDE 1/08 into my machine,and i installed wifi driver also its working fine,Recently i was unable to connect to Internet,I have not changed any configurations and any installations,thing is that i got my iwk0 interface is UP and IP address also and i can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to start SQLPLUS

I upgraded my system to Solaris 11 and everything works but I can't start my database or what (I am a noob). OS: -bash-4.1$ uname -a SunOS Solaris11 5.11 11.0 i86pc i386 i86pc -bash-4.1$ isainfo -kv 64-bit amd64 kernel modules Database version is 11g2 Enterprise edition, installed on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to connect to SQL through unix

I am trying to connect to SQL plus through unix but i am getting below error 'ksh: sqlplus: not found' note i am running this from /home/xxx do i need to set any environmental variable for this. below is my code echo " hello world" sqlplus -s apps/CAF78GEN<<EOF set heading... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karnatis
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Oracle using sqlplus

I have logged into oracle using SQLPLUS. When I type any kind of query, there is only 1 answer - '2'. What is wrong with it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhasis
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to configure Oracle sqlplus V12 properly. Need Help. Resources could'nt be found elsewhere .

I installed Oracle sqlplus on My Ubuntu 14.04 64bit version as per the instructions on: help.ubuntu page (Unable to post the URL as i'm new user here). I'm totally new to SQL and now i'm learning queries in my college. I installed 64bit version of sqplus and run it executing the command:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunmayilvagan
14 Replies
DBICADMIN(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DBICADMIN(1)

NAME
dbicadmin - utility for administrating DBIx::Class schemata SYNOPSIS
dbicadmin: [-I] [long options...] deploy a schema to a database dbicadmin --schema=MyApp::Schema --connect='["dbi:SQLite:my.db", "", ""]' --deploy update an existing record dbicadmin --schema=MyApp::Schema --class=Employee --connect='["dbi:SQLite:my.db", "", ""]' --op=update --set='{ "name": "New_Employee" }' OPTIONS
Actions --create Create version diffs needs preversion --upgrade Upgrade the database to the current schema --install Install the schema version tables to an existing database --deploy Deploy the schema to the database --select Select data from the schema --insert Insert data into the schema --update Update data in the schema --delete Delete data from the schema --op compatibility option all of the above can be supplied as --op=<action> --help display this help Arguments --config-file or --config Supply the config file for parsing by Config::Any --connect-info Supply the connect info as trailing options e.g. --connect-info dsn=<dsn> user=<user> password=<pass> --connect Supply the connect info as a JSON-encoded structure, e.g. an --connect=["dsn","user","pass"] --schema-class The class of the schema to load --config-stanza Where in the config to find the connection_info, supply in form MyApp::Model::DB --resultset or --resultset-class or --class The resultset to operate on for data manipulation --sql-dir The directory where sql diffs will be created --sql-type The RDBMs flavour you wish to use --version Supply a version install --preversion The previous version to diff against --set JSON data used to perform data operations --attrs JSON string to be used for the second argument for search --where JSON string to be used for the where clause of search --force Be forceful with some operations --trace Turn on DBIx::Class trace output --quiet Be less verbose -I Same as perl's -I, prepended to current @INC AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself perl v5.18.2 2014-01-30 DBICADMIN(1)